Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is 10 in row really in doubt now? I cant see celtic being stooped , so far ahead in every department most importantly cajones.

These European games coming up will define this period, this team, "the board ". What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

US2 wrote: »
    Is 10 in row really in doubt now? I cant see celtic being stooped , so far ahead in every department most importantly cajones.

These European games coming up will define this period, this team, "the board ". What a time to be alive.

If we get 9 across the line then the board really has to invest for 10. I'm still not comfortable, we do have to go to Ibrox twice don't we? Even with all of their bad performances they still manage to put a shift in against us.

If Edouard does leave in the summer then the money in + some of the cash in the bank should be reinvested into the team, irrespective of what the rest of the league does. Make 10 and further in the Champions League a priority. In saying that however, I am enjoying the Europa league this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

If we get 9 across the line then the board really has to invest for 10. I'm still not comfortable, we do have to go to Ibrox twice don't we? Even with all of their bad performances they still manage to put a shift in against us.

If Edouard does leave in the summer then the money in + some of the cash in the bank should be reinvested into the team, irrespective of what the rest of the league does. Make 10 and further in the Champions League a priority. In saying that however, I am enjoying the Europa league this year!

No we don't have to go to Ibrox twice. The next game against them is at Ibrox but then we will be at Celtic Park after the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Team for today, Forster, Ajer, Jullien, Bitton, Taylor, McGregor, Brown, Ntcham, Forrest, Griffiths, Edouard

Subs: Bain, Frimpong, Hayes, Rogic, Christie, Elyounoussi, Bayo.

Great to see Frimpong back on the bench. Jozo fcuked again.

Will be tough, in testing conditions, but we’re in such good form at the moment there’s justified cause for optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

McGregor puts Celtic 1 up after some great work by Griffiths, Edouard and Forrest

https://streamable.com/hlh16

Poor defending to allow Aberdeen to equalise, Taylor totally unmarked and even had the time to chest the ball and volley into the net

Aberdeen now dominating. Taylor going off injured so early is a big loss.

Yep, Aberdeen causing all sorts of problems for Celtic

The wind is playing a part but we seem to be lacking energy. Big second half coming up.

• Advertisement

Yeeeesss!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Outstanding goal!!

Lovely finish by Ajer but what a touch by Edouard in the midfield to set the move up

https://streamable.com/vbs9p

What a miss from Edouard :eek:

Phew! Great three points.

That was a tough one but that was a big win :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great 3 points despite a poor performance in tough conditions. Good move for the winning goal and calm finish from Ajer.

It's nearly over now! Super win in a real test of bottle. HH!

YESSSSSS!!!!!

Huge Win! Look how happy Lenny was at the end, straight over to the fans.

Bring on Copenhagen....

Big John Hartson is buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Fantastic result against an Aberdeen team that were up for it in very difficult conditions. Absolutely brilliant. What a team and manager we have right now, brilliant.

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    Great 3 points despite a poor performance in tough conditions. Good move for the winning goal and calm finish from Ajer.

We made a few clear cut chances towards the end of the game. We know exactly what we're doing. Under Neil Lennon we have become a top class outfit. Still a long way to go but we're in the driving seat. We can be dangerous in the Europa league this season as well.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    We made a few clear cut chances towards the end of the game. We know exactly what we're doing. Under Neil Lennon we have become a top class outfit. Still a long way to go but we're in the driving seat. We can be dangerous in the Europa league this season as well.

Agreed there's a belief in the team that they have the players to win even in tough circumstances like today, it's helped by have quality options on the bench to change things around. Lennon deserves massive credit for bringing this belief to the team as we looked more fragile under Rodgers.

We're well capable of being a threat to anyone in the EL this season so hopefully we keep this going

What a massive 3 points that was today. As ugly a game as your likely to see played in dreadful conditions with the swirling winds. I thought we invited pressure on ourselves at times with some silly fouls allowing them too many chances to put free kicks into our box. For for the most part we defended them well and the winner wow what a contrast to the game. The finish and composure shown by Ajer was top quality as was the back heel from Edouard in the build up which really opened up the move.

Team for today: Forster; Frimpong, Jullier, Ajer, Hayes; Brown, Ntcham, McGregor; Christie, Edouard, Forrest

Subs: Bain, Simunovic, Bitton, Bayo, Rogic, Bolingoli, Elyounoussi

Griff and Taylor left at home with knocks but Lenny saying they’ll be fine for the weekend.

Strong bench again. Would love a score draw tonight but have a feeling we might sneak a win.

Mon the Hoops!!!

Booom! Eddy finally manages to beat the keeper. Away goal in the bag.

Lovely finish from Edouard for that goal, great opportunity in the first minute as well

https://streamable.com/rilqs

celtic.jpg

Very impressive again.

Get Elyonoussi on for Ntcham. He’ll run amok against that defence.

Sloppy from Ntcham to allow Copenhagen in and they equalise

Fcuking sloppy since half time. Get it together Celtic. This is still there for the taking tonight.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ McGregor, utterly selfish.

Very poor from McGregor, could have put Edouard away. Celtic 3 on 2

Here comes Elyonoussi now. Here we fcuking go!

Mad stuff that we’ve gone from hoping to finish the tie off at half time to hanging on for the draw now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That was really a game of two halves, have to be relieved with the draw in the end

Good result. Terrible second half. Forster and Jullian the only ones with pass marks in the end. Their keeper was man of the match.

Would still make us favourites to go through.

Take the draw.

Julien with the heroics this evening.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Only caught 2nd half, I'm glad to hear we played better in the 1st, as we were completely outplayed in the 2nd.

Great result in the end, hopefully we finish the job at CP.

Yeah sloppy from us in the 2nd half but still not to bad going into the home leg.

Ntcham had a very poor game, giving the ball away far too easily. Hope Brown hasn't done himself any damage with that stupid tackle

• Advertisement

Disappointed to not get the away win there as it was there for the taking. You have to give their keeper credit he made 5 excellent saves over the 90 minutes and he is the reason for me the score is 1-1 last night. A game of 2 halfs obviously with us dominant in the first half and the Danes in the second but really it was their keeper for me that kept them in it. Still an away score draw is a very decent result and leaves us in a good spot for the return next week at Celtic Park. Will be waiting to hear on Scott Browns injury and how serious it is. I would assume he is out for Sunday against Kilmarnock.

Forster, Simunovic, Jullien, Ajer, Frimpong, Rogic, McGregor, Christie, Taylor, Griffiths, Edouard

Subs: Bain, Bitton, Bauer, Bolingoli, Elyounoussi, Klimala, Bayo

Any game without Brown is a concern but the midfield looks very attacking.

Soro can’t even make the bench even with Brown out of the match day squad.

2-1 up!! Are we taking an insurmountable lead in the title race today!?!?

Boom. 3-1. Griff. Power sent off for Killie. Game, set and match for Celtic.

#LETSGO
    #WELCOMETOTHEPARTY

We welcome the chase.

https://streamable.com/v9ofz

Cheers Bonfigli from The Huddleboard

image.jpg

article-0-0BC24F5400000578-844_634x404.jpg

Lenny has made that arrogant gobsh1te look like a right mug!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Great to see Neil McGann looking so glum on Sportscene last night.

Comfortable win in the end.

I was at the match yesterday great craic with the Cork Dublin and Fermanagh Bhoys.

Great to see Neil McGann looking so glum on Sportscene last night.

Comfortable win in the end.

I was at the match yesterday great craic with the Cork Dublin and Fermanagh Bhoys.

Was at it myself and was talking to lads from all three of those counties! Must have crossed paths at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Was at it myself and was talking to lads from all three of those counties! Must have crossed paths at some stage!

I was in the Springfield Vaults and the Oak pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Anyone know when Rangers are releasing the DVD of their win over Celtic in December?

I was in the Springfield Vaults and the Oak pubs.

Just a coincidence so! Was in the Real McCoy pre match and Brazen Head post match

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement