Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

A good 40 min interview here with Henrik and Sky yesterday .Talks about celtic and career in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Big night tonight.

Forster

Ajer Jullien Jozo

Forrest Brown Christie McGregor Taylor

Eddy Griff

Maybe Elyounoussi in for Griff and play a 4-2-3-1. Frimpers in for Jozo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Big night tonight.

Forster

Ajer Jullien Jozo

Eddy Griff

Is Brown available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Nervous about tonight, we need to be attacking hard right from the kickoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Big night tonight.

Forster

Ajer Jullien Jozo

Eddy Griff

Christie is suspended for tonight so he won't be involved at all. Most likely with Ntcham also injured and out tonight we will see Rogic playing in front of McGregor and Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Confident about tonight let's just hope we dont try sit back after scoring the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Playing well at the moment. Would like to see a bit more from Eddy.

Going alright. Would prefer if we have a cushion of a goal going into the latter stages of this though.

Hopefully we dominate more in the 2nd half.

We're starting to get more into it going forward but looking a bit shaky at the back.

Rogic to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Absolutely shocking call from the ref there.

• Advertisement

piplip87 wrote: »
    Absolutely shocking call from the ref there.

Even worse from Jozo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Simunovic brutal stuff. He's been poor all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Unbelievable defending for that goal - schoolboy football would do better

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Unbelievable defending for that goal - schoolboy football would do better

Even more frustrating when we've had so many chances over the two legs and not taken them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Not looking like getting back into this at the minute, on the ropes and need to start putting a few passes together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

RoryMac wrote: »
    Not looking like getting back into this at the minute, on the ropes and need to start putting a few passes together

There putting together passes in our own half ... No attacking intent since we went down

They are all over us. Hard to believe this is CP.

How come Christie got sent off last week but nothing there for a deliberate handball.

Cool as f**k from Édouard

YEEEESSS. Classy from Eddy.

• Advertisement

F**k sake, brutal stuff.

Game over

****ing hell

Deserve to go out. Absolute amateur hour stuff.

Naive stuff tonight, we are out

Embarrassing stuff

Jaysus. Bad night alright. Was a winnable tie. The team will be kicking themselves.

• Advertisement

Ah well, I guess we're all supposed to be happy that we've 40 million sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Lol. Kudos Copenhagen, well played, absolutely owned us.

Jaysus. Bad night alright. Was a winnable tie. The team will be kicking themselves.

Yeah no excuses for going out like this. Couldn't have asked for a better tie in the knockout stages and blew it. Comedy defending yet again in a european game

Ah well, I guess we're all supposed to be happy that we've 40 million sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Copenhagen's squad cost less than ours. Money not the issue there tonight.

Jozo's contract up at the end of the season, what's the thoughts on a new contract or getting rid?

For me he hasn't done enough for a new deal and not just because of tonight but that's an example of how poor he can be. He is far too injury prone and hasn't really made himself a key player despite being here for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Jozo's contract up at the end of the season, what's the thoughts on a new contract or getting rid?

For me he hasn't done enough for a new deal and not just because of tonight but that's an example of how poor he can be. He is far too injury prone and hasn't really made himself a key player despite being here for years

I would have been in favour of keeping him until recently, but we can't afford another meltdown in a big game like tonight.

Jozo's contract up at the end of the season, what's the thoughts on a new contract

No chance on a display like tonight

No chance on a display like tonight

Even before tonight I just don't think he has done enough to get a new deal which I'm sure would be on good money, constant injuries, can't play on plastic pitches and always looks prone to a howler.

PauloMN wrote: »

So we don't need a new centre half then?

Agree with sentiments above. Tonight just confirmed it. He's not good enough at this level, injured a lot and can't play on half the pitches in Scotland! Time to move him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Seriously?

Money isn't the only issue, but we could have given ourselves a much better chance of going through tonight by spending a bit more instead of leaving money in the bank.

Seriously?

Money isn't the only issue, but we could have given ourselves a much better chance of going through tonight by spending a bit more instead of leaving money in the bank.

How much more? Twice? Three times? Laughable to just revert back to money when we perform like that. We had chance upon chance which we didn't take. Edouard aside from the penalty was ineffective, and he wasn't the only one. The attitude was awful and we collapsed when we went behind. That was a shambolic performance, esp at home, and bleating on about money is missing the real issues.

Let's do what Copenhagen do and spend less, it clearly works.

How much more? Twice? Three times? Laughable to just revert back to money when we perform like that. We had chance upon chance which we didn't take. Edouard aside from the penalty was ineffective, and he wasn't the only one. The attitude was awful and we collapsed when we went behind. That was a shambolic performance, esp at home, and bleating on about money is missing the real issues.

The need to strengthen at the back with quality was clearly identified at the January transfer window, unless you were happy seeing Scott Brown playing in a back 3??

But eff all was done about it.

You say you agree Jozo not having his contract renewed, but why wait until the end of the season when we play our most critical games to see him out. He clearly was not interested with being on the pitch, and that's cost us.

Attitude or no attitude with this group of players we are at our level, last 32 of the Europa League at best. Until we start spending and bring in some real quality we have to accept that fact.

The need to strengthen at the back with quality was clearly identified at the January transfer window, unless you were happy seeing Scott Brown playing in a back 3??

But eff all was done about it.

You say you agree Jozo not having his contract renewed, but why wait until the end of the season when we play our most critical games to see him out. He clearly was not interested with being on the pitch, and that's cost us.

Attitude or no attitude with this group of players we are at our level, last 32 of the Europa League at best. Until we start spending and bring in some real quality we have to accept that fact.

Last 32 is around about our level at present but that makes this result all the more disappointing, we were up against Copenhagen who we should be beating, the level of investment in our squad is way above there's but over the 2 legs we couldn't match them for determination.

Maybe further investment in Jan might've helped but I'd have the switching between a back 4 & 5 and 2 up front a bigger issue last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Last 32 is around about our level at present but that makes this result all the more disappointing, we were up against Copenhagen who we should be beating, the level of investment in our squad is way above there's but over the 2 legs we couldn't match them for determination.

Maybe further investment in Jan might've helped but I'd have the switching between a back 4 & 5 and 2 up front a bigger issue last night.

We were the better team over the two legs but we lost, these things happen.

All that matters to me is 9-in-a-row and then 10. Europe is a bonus. It’s all about 10.

• Advertisement

We were the better team over the two legs but we lost, these things happen.

All that matters to me is 9-in-a-row and then 10. Europe is a bonus. It’s all about 10.

Debatable that we were the better team over the 2 legs, we created a lot of chances in the first leg and could've wrapped it up over there but they had our number last night.

The league and getting 10 is obviously the big prize but it shouldn't need to be one over the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Last night was very dissapointing and I must admit I didnt see it coming. Jozo was terrible, but their centre halfs were just as bad, worse even, and we werent clinical enough to take advantage of it.

As I said last night in a vacum was dissapointing but bigger picture it was a very good campaign and getting out of that group is most definitely progress, if we can wrap up the 10 in a row while making incremental progress in Europe then I'll take that and just suck up last night, I'm also sure that losing to a side like Copenhagen/Cluj will give Lenny plenty of ammunition when he goes looking for funds in the Summer, hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I disagree. I think we could have got another cb in January. It was clear that the manager was interested in moving to 3-5-2 for a lot of games and that being the case another cb was needed.

We get away with it in the SPL but at this level Jozo in particular is completely out of his depth, that error for their first crucial goal was something you wouldn't expect a 12 year old defender to do, to turn inside towards your goal when under pressure. Basic schoolkid stuff. So when we had the funds which we clearly do, another cb should have been signed and then Jozo would be back up in case of injuries or for rotation for SPL games.

We are fiscally way too conservative and it bites you in the ass in the end especially in Europe.

Anyway we're out. Must get the team concentrating fully on the league in particular. Last night concentration was poor all over the pitch, we had the beating of Copenhagen but poor concentration, poor finishing and perhaps complacency which is infuriating did for us. Sloppy was the word for it. Need to shape up just to ensure we win the league, plenty to focus the minds no excuses.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Last night was very dissapointing and I must admit I didnt see it coming. Jozo was terrible, but their centre halfs were just as bad, worse even, and we werent clinical enough to take advantage of it.

As I said last night in a vacum was dissapointing but bigger picture it was a very good campaign and getting out of that group is most definitely progress, if we can wrap up the 10 in a row while making incremental progress in Europe then I'll take that and just suck up last night, I'm also sure that losing to a side like Copenhagen/Cluj will give Lenny plenty of ammunition when he goes looking for funds in the Summer, hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Hopefully is right. I like to think of myself as an optimist, but the board tend to be way too conservative. The ambition doesn't appear to be there at board level to build a team that can make real inroads in European competition. They're happy enough to keep winning domestically and see Europe as a cash cow for playing in but not really even attempting at competing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭caddy16

Lolza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Well if any Rangers fans were enjoying going further than Celtic in Europe that joy was short-lived. Odds against them ending the campaign with a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well that's cheered me up a bit after Thursday.

henke wrote: »
    Well if any Rangers fans were enjoying going further than Celtic in Europe that joy was short-lived. Odds against them ending the campaign with a trophy.

https://twitter.com/celticbible/status/1233686865833811970?s=19

Full strength 352 today, Griff and Edouard up front.

Hopefully thoughts of Thursday are now fully behind everyone and the team are well up for this.

4-0.

• Advertisement

Another great weekend

https://streamable.com/u0glz

We've won 34 Cup ties in a row now. Records tumbling all over the place with Lenny's Celtic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement