Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

If there is a payout I believe the minimum of 80% is done until final league placed are agreed? Or something along those lines

So if the prize money breaks down as £3.35 million for 1st place, and £2.4 million for 2nd, then for Rangers 80% of the £2.4mil is £1.92million. I thought at their last half yearly financial results stated they needed an additional £10 million to see out the rest of the season?

Anyhow, the point I do agree on is the SPFL releasing the Voting results before all clubs had cast their vote. Just doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

50 years ago today. Celtic v Leeds European Cup Semi final 2nd leg.

https://archive.org/details/CelticVLeedsUnited1970EuropeanCupSemiFinal

It's from Archives needs to be let load up.

Brief highlights here;

https://www.celticfc.tv/tv/video/vod/17218 Johnstone the star of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Dundee have voted YES. Lower leagues set to be called and a precedent set. Would have preferred to have won it on the pitch (AND WE DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE) but there is no way that can be done by the looks of things.

“Mr. Gerrard” will be very quiet about all of this because of his allegiance to Liverpool but the meltdown at The rangers will be beautiful.

Here we go, 9 IN A ROW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Absolutely not the way we wanted to win it but we weren't going to be caught and football will be lucky to be back running by August/September so no other real option.

Gotta feel for Partick relegated when 2 points behind but a game in hand and I guess they'll test this with a court case.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Absolutely not the way we wanted to win it but we weren't going to be caught and football will be lucky to be back running by August/September so other real option.

Gotta feel for Partick relegated when 2 points behind but a game in hand and I guess they'll test this with a court case.

It was either this or Null and Void. There’d be no clubs left to populate the leagues if Null and Void was pursued.

Would love to win it on the pitch but even behind closed doors matches appear to be impossible.

This is the most practical option and as a Celtic fan, I’m happy that 9 in a row will be eventually awarded and very much deservedly so.

Plus, the pain this is causing certain other sets of supporters is, quite frankly, fcuking glorious.

Get it right fcuking up them.

It was either this or Null and Void. There’d be no clubs left to populate the leagues if Null and Void was pursued.

Would love to win it on the pitch but even behind closed doors matches appear to be impossible.

This is the most practical option and as a Celtic fan, I’m happy that 9 in a row will be eventually awarded and very much deservedly so.

Plus, the pain this is causing certain other sets of supporters is, quite frankly, fcuking glorious.

Indeed.

08f6019cf4d62e6f338124d35147ea47.gif

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Indeed.

08f6019cf4d62e6f338124d35147ea47.gif

Hahahahahahaha! Love it.

I don't think null and void was ever considered (apart from 1 club) and rightly so. The only other viable option was to wait it out to finish this season which would mess up 2 seasons rather than solve 1.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I don't think null and void was ever considered (apart from 1 club) and rightly so. The only other viable option was to wait it out to finish this season which would mess up 2 seasons rather than solve 1.

Well quite. That’s what I’m saying. They won’t be able to finish the season on the pitch (Celtic’s and Celtic supporters’ preferred option). Null and Void would have sent many clubs into oblivion and was never viable. So here we are.

NINE IN A FCUKING ROW!!!

• Advertisement

Also add to this that the Quadtreble is still on as the SFA only need two match days to get it finished when football re-starts and will insist on it. Also UEFA May well dispense with Champions League qualifiers after their meeting on the 23rd meaning we’re straight into the group stages.

I feel Statements and hissy fits aplenty are incoming from The rangers.

HERE WE GO, NINE IN A ROW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Also add to this that the Quadtreble is still on as the SFA only need two match days to get it finished when football re-starts and will insist on it. Also UEFA May well dispense with Champions League qualifiers after their meeting on the 23rd meaning we’re straight into the group stages.

I feel Statements and hissy fits aplenty are incoming from The rangers.

HERE WE GO, NINE IN A ROW!!

Im not so sure we would be straight into the group stages, we have no idea how they might sort this out. What are you basing that on?

Im not so sure we would be straight into the group stages, we have no idea how they might sort this out. What are you basing that on?

What am I basing this on? Well let’s see what I actually said....

UEFA “may” well dispense with Champions League qualifiers after their meeting on the 23rd.

They may well (might, possibly) do it.

Of course we have no idea how it might be sorted out. I’m just hypothesising using the worst case scenario for anyone who might be raging over today’s outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

9 in a row in the bag!! Unfortunate that we never got to do the quadruple treble, but Covid-19 put an end to that.

Cannot see any team that survives the summer challenging us next season. The team that finished second needed £10m to see out the season, be interesting to see how they get this, and pay wages, pay Mr Ashley, pay Close Bros etc.

I can also see the transfer market retracting massively in the immediate aftermath? (virus could still be with us all through the summer window) so I can't see players going for big money and some players on decent wages will need to be jettisoned by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maybe they will refuse the prizemoney on a point of principle... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is 5 weeks since I posted in here :(

Anyhow, BT Sport poll on twitter to keep us busy

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1251468939261022210

• Advertisement

It is 5 weeks since I posted in here :(

Anyhow, BT Sport poll on twitter to keep us busy

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1251468939261022210

Ended in a draw. Get voting on the Replay

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1251833709164199942?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I haven’t been on here in a good while, I hope everyone is doing good in these extraordinary times.

I’m missing the football.

A couple of thoughts on the end of season vote debate.

No matter what your view on the entire circus, the SPFL have handled this badly. I have some bit of sympathy with having to deal with an incomplete vote on the spot but announcing the incomplete results was the wrong decision.

The overarching thought I’d have is that the gravity of the situation doesn’t seem to be recognized by the various stakeholders, this crisis has the very real potential to end every club in Scotland- even the best run clubs are not immune.

I understand that clubs would, and arguably should seek the best resolution for themselves but now is the time for seeing the bigger picture.

I feel that if the vote proceedings were to happen now rather than a few weeks ago there’d have been a much more sober debate and a less contentious consensus reached.

Some of the clubs:
    Dundee, took advantage of SPFL’s poor handling to try and engineer a better position for themselves. (Restructure their way up a division by the look of it) their initial stance of no seems to have been to create leverage and do the same. Their actions have left Scottish football in a position where much needed action has stalled.

Rangers: would appear to have taken a very unprofessional approach. The endless stream of statements, conjecture and threats have also played a huge part in bringing us to this point. It’s unclear what they actually want to happen now (other than broad stroke cake and eat it stuff)
    They seem to have pivoted from a substantive argument regarding loan v prize money to making vague claims of holding evidence of wrongdoing when their substantive argument seems to have been countered.

If their claims are true and evidence exists I would question a number of things. If it’s serious then why hasn’t it been released? If the implied allegations hold true (some sort of corruption/bribery) then withholding that evidence may be a crime in itself.

Put simply, they need to put up or shut up at this stage
    Either the SPFL is in serious trouble or rangers should be heavily sanctioned. This issue needs to have serious consequences for whoever is in the wrong.

This needs to come to a head, the administrators of football need to be in a position to work for football rather than embroiled in a dispute.
    a financial plan needs to be arranged to try and bring as many clubs through the crisis as possible.

Everything else is less important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I haven’t been on here in a good while, I hope everyone is doing good in these extraordinary times.

No matter what your view on the entire circus, the SPFL have handled this badly. I have some bit of sympathy with having to deal with an incomplete vote on the spot but announcing the incomplete results was the wrong decision.

The overarching thought I’d have is that the gravity of the situation doesn’t seem to be recognized by the various stakeholders, this crisis has the very real potential to end every club in Scotland- even the best run clubs are not immune.

I understand that clubs would, and arguably should seek the best resolution for themselves but now is the time for seeing the bigger picture.

I feel that if the vote proceedings were to happen now rather than a few weeks ago there’d have been a much more sober debate and a less contentious consensus reached.

Some of the clubs:
    Dundee, took advantage of SPFL’s poor handling to try and engineer a better position for themselves. (Restructure their way up a division by the look of it) their initial stance of no seems to have been to create leverage and do the same. Their actions have left Scottish football in a position where much needed action has stalled.

Rangers: would appear to have taken a very unprofessional approach. The endless stream of statements, conjecture and threats have also played a huge part in bringing us to this point. It’s unclear what they actually want to happen now (other than broad stroke cake and eat it stuff)
    They seem to have pivoted from a substantive argument regarding loan v prize money to making vague claims of holding evidence of wrongdoing when their substantive argument seems to have been countered.

If their claims are true and evidence exists I would question a number of things. If it’s serious then why hasn’t it been released? If the implied allegations hold true (some sort of corruption/bribery) then withholding that evidence may be a crime in itself.

Either the SPFL is in serious trouble or rangers should be heavily sanctioned. This issue needs to have serious consequences for whoever is in the wrong.

This needs to come to a head, the administrators of football need to be in a position to work for football rather than embroiled in a dispute.
    a financial plan needs to be arranged to try and bring as many clubs through the crisis as possible.

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »

Some of the clubs:

It's been a circus with that lot as per usual. It comes across that they're just adopting a belligerent attitude to play to the gallery of their fanbase. They want to be paid for finishing second but don't want it declared that they are second. They say they have evidence (dossier) of wrongdoing but won't release it. It's like listening to Donald Trump with veiled threats and casting aspersions and other piles of nonsense.

They're trying to sell season tickets for next season, that's most likely what all the hard man posing act is about, even Gerrard opening his gob on Sky got involved.

What a goal what a man haha brilliant stuff. Love Chris Sutton.

eire4 wrote: »
    What a goal what a man haha brilliant stuff. Love Chris Sutton.

"Should I dribble around 3 Rangers players and Klos and put it in the back of the net? No I'm not capable of that" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

We should be completing a quadruple treble today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Anyone off here heard if the Magners sponsorship deal due for renewal is going to be extended?

Thanks

Stay safe

Hi H

A well deserved 9 in a Row expected to be confirmed today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Confirmed 9IAR. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Well earned triumph.

Time for some Magners.

Slainte

HH

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0518/1139089-celtic-are-crowned-champions-hearts-relegated/

10 will finish the other lot. Get there and build on from there. Well done Lenny and The Bhoys.

• Advertisement

Absolutely well deserved

'TODAY Celtic have been declared Scottish Premiership Champions for the 9th season in a row.

We have dominated the Premiership, winning 26 games out of 30.

We have scored 89 goals, conceded just 19, and established a commanding 13-point lead at the top of the table. We are champions for a reason.

We dedicate this victory to you. To all our supporters. To the key workers who are saving lives, cleaning hospitals, stacking shelves and shielding loved ones at home.

Our 9, is your 9.

We want Celtic fans all over the world to celebrate in style, but, of course, safety is the number one priority for all, and for now this means celebrating in our homes. We all must stay safe and stay home. Please DO NOT come to Celtic Park.

We dedicate this league title to you. We dedicate 9 in a row to you.

This is our way. This is our 9. This is our time.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Well done lads, fully deserved.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I'm still laughing at Broonys hair. And Lenny looked hungover as feck.

I've been laughing at the other crowd too. Apparently they are saying they should be awarded the Europa league because they have won the most games. That's not even true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Whens the new addidas gear coming out ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Here we go, 10 in a row!

At last we are on for the 10IAR. Celtic totally deserving of this title, absolutely ruthless after Christmas.

Many times I have thought have privileged I have been to live through Henrick Larsson's time in the hoops and now to be able to live through and enjoy these past 9 seasons and this incredible achievement is truly so special. I have seen so many ups and downs over the decades supporting Celtic since I was a kid back in the early 80's but this past decade has been unreal.

fnJxCmg.gif

10 minute salvo (or maybe it was 9 :) ) of fire works where I am, started at 9pm

• Advertisement

Many times I have thought have privileged I have been to live through Henrick Larsson's time in the hoops and now to be able to live through and enjoy these past 9 seasons and this incredible achievement is truly so special. I have seen so many ups and downs over the decades supporting Celtic since I was a kid back in the early 80's but this past decade has been unreal.

15 of the last 20 titles won by us, amazing achievement.

The change in fortunes from the time of Fergus McCann coming in and saving us until now has been unbelievable, over the years we've seen some great managers that built teams that play football to be proud of, great players that have become legends at the club and some unforgettable moments.

Next season whenever it starts has the makings of being a historic year for us as we push for 10 in a row, I can't wait till it gets started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzUuNEcjMA

Celtic 9IAR party live on youtube. MON on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Apparently Forster on his way back according to the Scottish S*n.

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Apparently Forster on his way back according to the Scottish S*n.

Would not trust that source at all but certainly it is clear we have been working to try and make that happen. Would love to see both Forster and Elyounoussi signed on permanent deals although without a doubt for me Forster is the priority.

Would not trust that source at all but certainly it is clear we have been working to try and make that happen. Would love to see both Forster and Elyounoussi signed on permanent deals although without a doubt for me Forster is the priority.

Would like to see them both, but Forster over anyone at this stage. He is a must.

With Jozo gone we need another CB to challenge Ajer and Jullien. A left back and a left winger is needed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Would like to see them both, but Forster over anyone at this stage. He is a must.

With Jozo gone we need another CB to challenge Ajer and Jullien. A left back and a left winger is needed too.

Has Ajer also been making noises about leaving or did I imagine that?

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »

Well his agent certainly was making big noises. But he recently changed agents in the last week or so so will be interesting to see what that means.

Pogue eile wrote: »

Has Eire said, was the agent yapping.

Real Madrid were mentioned :D . I like Ajer, but nowhere near that level yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

The new Adidas Celtic jersey leaked from FootyHeadlines who are always on the money with new kits.

celtic-20-21-home-kit-2.jpg

I like it. Will be an iconic one if they go to do 10 in a row in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

henke wrote: »
    The new Adidad Celtic jersey leaked from FootyHeadlines who are always on the money with new kits.

I like it. Will be an iconic one if they go to do 10 in a row in it.

Decent jersey other than the sponsor. I know sponsor logos rarely look great but that one is particularly rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Decent jersey other than the sponsor. I know sponsor logos rarely look great but that one is particularly rubbish

I expected a bit more from Adidas tbh. Some of the concept designs I've seen were really class, while still keeping the traditional look.

I really like the trim on the collar on this one though.

Having a gambling company sponsor our jerseys really annoys me, but that's a different matter. I agree with you that this logo looks rubbish too!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement