Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

The SFA have fined Griffiths and given him a 2 game suspended sentence for being a ned in a pub in his free time. I know we're talking about the SFA here but is there a precedent for that? What does it have to do with his playing football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Getting seriously excited now for Thursdays game against Fenerbache. They really have some top players in their side. Hopefully we have a really big and very noisy crowd as the players will need all the help they can get against such a talanted lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Intifada wrote: »
    The SFA have fined Griffiths and given him a 2 game suspended sentence for being a ned in a pub in his free time. I know we're talking about the SFA here but is there a precedent for that? What does it have to do with his playing football?

being a racist in a pub you mean?

I think Griffiths got off lightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He's a professional foobtaller being racist towards another professional footballer in public in front of football fans. He brought the game into disrepute and yes there is rules about that in his club contract and his registration with the sfa. He got off lightly with celtic despite getting the maximum fine. I dont really care what the sfa think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Have to agree that Griffiths got off lightly. Doesn't matter that it wasn't on the pitch, he completely overstepped the mark as to what is acceptable for a professional footballer and can count himself lucky there was such a big delay in getting his punishment or he could be facing a long ban.

Dempsey wrote: »
    He's a professional foobtaller being racist towards another professional footballer in public in front of football fans. He brought the game into disrepute and yes there is rules about that in his club contract and his registration with the sfa. He got off lightly with celtic despite getting the maximum fine. I dont really care what the sfa think

Shouldn't be replying to a question about what the SFA think then pal
    RoryMac wrote: »
    Have to agree that Griffiths got off lightly. Doesn't matter that it wasn't on the pitch, he completely overstepped the mark as to what is acceptable for a professional footballer and can count himself lucky there was such a big delay in getting his punishment or he could be facing a long ban.
    Why would the delay in getting his punishment affect how long his ban is?

Shouldn't be replying to a question about what the SFA think then pal

You asked if it was within their power to punish Griffiths for what he did, i just explained that it is within the contracts that Griffiths agreed to be a pro footballer and work in scottish football. Dont be looking for excuses to go off topic

It will be interesting to see who starts at left back tomorrow with Izzy suspended. Mulgrew is still out injured so will it be Blackett who didn't impress at left back against Aberdeen or will he move Janko or Ambrose over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Will there be plenty of streams knocking about tonight? The game isn't on Celtic TV.

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Will there be plenty of streams knocking about tonight? The game isn't on Celtic TV.

I'd say there will, the game is on Setanta & BT Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'd say there will, the game is on Setanta & BT Sports

Ah there will be plenty then.

Hopefully we can sneak a result, a win would give a massive lift.

Unfortunately I'll probably only get to see a bits of the game :mad:

A win would be a great result but going to be tough. It'll be a massive test for our unsettled defence

A win would be an incredible result considering how good a team they have. Probably the strongest team we will play all season at Celtic Park unless somehow we were to manage to get out of this group. Hopefully a good crowd tonight that gets behind the team to give the players a big lift and bridge the gap.

Hard to look past BTTS Fenerbache win if you're a gambling man

Tierney starts. Imagine us in the CL playing PSG and Real Madrid with Boyata, Ambrose and Tierney at the back :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Massive vote of confidence in young Tierney putting him in the starting lineup tonight with Izzy suspended and Mulgrew injured. Good luck to him. What a European bow he is getting considering the quality of their attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Johansen should have done better

Yesssssssss

Great goal from Griffiths, great initial save from their keeper

For those not watching- Celts 1 up, griffiths

• Advertisement

Commonnss

2 now commons

Bomb scare Ambrose strikes again :rolleyes:

Crap

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Enough. How long will we persist with this guy ffs. Talk about handing them a goal on a plate, he might as well have just scored it for them himself.

2-2, zonal marking from a corner and Ambrose not doing his job

Fenerbachce look as if they will win this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Threw that game away. Feels like a defeat. Two shocking goals to concede.

• Advertisement

There was a great comment on the BBC live feed someone texted in, asking the media to ask Deila outright why he picks Ambrose. I've never wanted a Celtic player to succumb to a career ending injury until him. Imagine turning up to your job and making a total cúnt of it Monday to Friday, repeatedly costing your company money and making a laughing stock of them and yet keeping your highly paid job.

There was a great comment on the BBC live feed someone texted in, asking the media to ask Deila outright why he picks Ambrose. I've never wanted a Celtic player to succumb to a career ending injury until him. Imagine turning up to your job and making a total cúnt of it Monday to Friday, repeatedly costing your company money and making a laughing stock of them and yet keeping your highly paid job.

Jaysus don't sit on the fence there.

Ambrose is a decent defender who is prone to making stupid mistakes. He was very good in his first few months but since being rushed back for the Juve games after the ANC and making mistakes in that game which cost us the tie his confidence is shot.

He needs to be moved on but to wish a 'career ending injury' on him says more about you I think than him

Not really interested in your moral high horse or nonsense revisionism and excuses for his performances. I support Celtic not Efe Ambrose and Efe Ambrose is an absolute disgrace to the club who has consistently caused far more harm than good. Obviously selling him would be preferable but it has become evident that the club somehow thinks he is worth having around. And besides, what sort of gobshtes would buy him?

"A decent defender prone to making stupid mistakes" has to win a prize, even on a board as bad as this :pac:

His mistakes under high ball where is moving backwards, i.e. the 1st goal and when static, i.e. the 2nd goal are well know to everyone and their dog at this stage. Blaming the player for the mistakes he was always going to make is pretty pointless and smashing your keyboard wanting him to have a career ending injury is pathetic and shameful tbh.

You cannot easily train that easily out of any player and Deila stating publicly that the player should up his game shows him up again. This player was doing this long before he walked in the door and doing it all his tenure yet he's picked him believing that those mistakes werent going to happen again & again like every Celtic fan knew just by watching him on matchdays. If Deila cant see this on a training pitch then either he is blind or the training is not good enough to regularly expose players to the weaknesses for them to work on so they are ready for these scenarios in matches. Its quite clearly the latter and as annoyed as I am with Ambrose's lapses, I'm more annoyed with the persistence of playing him given that the training, if any at all on this issue, is not working.

Smashing your keyboard wanting him to have a career ending injury is pathetic and shameful tbh.
    Who is smashing their keyboard? What a bizarre thing to say, even for you.

Who is smashing their keyboard? What a bizarre thing to say, even for you.

Maybe you were just foaming at the mouth so?

I don't know if you're projecting or just have difficulty interpreting human emotions, best of luck with the therapy either way chief

I don't know if you're projecting or just have difficulty interpreting human emotions, best of luck with the therapy either way chief

Thats gas coming from the lad that is wishing a career ending injury on someone :rolleyes:

Like I said, you're welcome to your moral high horse. I don't care about Ambrose I care about Celtic, and it's already quite well established that most of ye here are happy to settle for second best for the club. Maybe next time you're on the couch you can explain your struggle with hyperbole too ;)

• Advertisement

Like I said, you're welcome to your moral high horse. I don't care about Ambrose I care about Celtic, and it's already quite well established that most of ye here are happy to settle for second best for the club. Maybe next time you're on the couch you can explain your struggle with hyperbole too ;)

You have deluded yourself into thinking that a career ending injury for a player is a benefit to Celtic. If anything the last couple of weeks on this forum has thought me is that there isnt one facet of a football club I'd let you operate tbh, not even pumping footballs and collecting cones.

If you think at a footballer who constantly causes Celtic to drop points no longer playing for Celtic is not a benefit to Celtic then that's ok, you're free to pursue that line of logic. Safe to say my opinion of you has never really reached a level where it could fall.

If you think at a footballer who constantly causes Celtic to drop points no longer playing for Celtic is not a benefit to Celtic then that's ok, you're free to pursue that line of logic. Safe to say my opinion of you has never really reached a level where it could fall.

You are using a strawman to win an argument that doesnt exist. Bravo!

Your position is anything upto a career ending injury so that he doesnt play for the club again. Hardly the thinking of someone with the best interests of the club in mind.

My position, to say it again because you obviously didnt read my earlier post, is that Deila is not good enough to see that he's not good enough, i.e. a better manager would have dropped him & sold him last season which is a fair bit better for the club that paying out insurance to cover a career ending injury....only you would disagree with sound logic.

Your position is anything upto a career ending injury so that he doesnt play for the club again. Hardly the thinking of someone with the best interests of the club in mind.

Please explain why a player that actively inhibits the club's success ceasing to play for the club is not beneficial to the club.

Please explain why a player that actively inhibits the club's success ceasing to play for the club is not beneficial to the club.

Do you understand what a strawman is?

Do you understand what a strawman is?
    Apparently it's something you like to say to avoid explaining. Explain why my thinking is not in the best interests of the club, given that you accept Ambrose's absence is beneficial.

• Advertisement

You could google what it means if you dont understand. Clearly learning something new isnt high on your agenda.

Also, you are incapable of understanding plain and simple English, why should I bother rephrasing what I've said twice already? What would be the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wishing a career ending injury on someone just because you don't want them in the team is pretty low. There are less scummy ways to get a point across that you don't want someone in the team.

CSF wrote: »
    Wishing a career ending injury on someone just because you don't want them in the team is pretty low. There are less scummy ways to get a point across that you don't want someone in the team.
    I have to say I am gutted that I have lost the moral high ground competition, but I will take solace in the fact I actually want my team to do well unlike some here. Luckily it is confined to here as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have to say I am gutted that I have lost the moral high ground competition, but I will take solace in the fact I actually want my team to do well unlike some here. Luckily it is confined to here as usual.

Ok, so those other people who don't want the bad players to suffer career ending injuries don't want their team to do well, solid logic.

CSF wrote: »
    Ok, so those other people who don't want the bad players to suffer career ending injuries don't want their team to do well, solid logic.
    No, the two things are independent of another. But within the constraints of the current situation i.e. Ambrose not being sold or dropped, that is the only possible way he could be ruled out of playing for us again. Obviously it would be better if we just sold him, preferably for a few billion, but it would be best if this discussion operated within the realms of reality.

Wishing bad things on people does make you a bad person, but I've never said otherwise. I hate him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement