Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Who would you prefer? Someone like Roy Keane to manage Celtic? He's no upgrade on Deila. One good season at Sunderland and then blew wads of cash at Sunderland and Ipswich with little success.

The SPL is not, at the moment, an attractive prospect for most top Managers.

Ah grand, so Pep isn't gonna come to us so we should stick with Deila even though he's taking us nowhere. Liverpool fans were saying much the same thing when Rodgers stagnated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ah grand, so Pep isn't gonna come to us so we should stick with Deila even though he's taking us nowhere. Liverpool fans were saying much the same thing when Rodgers stagnated.

What about Rodgers then?

What about Rodgers then?

Id rather Test the waters with Moyes. I'd say he'd be hungry to get his career back on track. Has decent contacts in the British game. Little or no pressure in the league and build a team to make it difficult for the bigger teams in Europe to beat.

Edit: Also worked with a fairly small budget at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

eire4 wrote: »
    Well as I figured we are in disagreement on this one. I think Delia is a good fit for where we are as a club right now. Hoepfully indeed like Lennon he can get us to the group stages of the champions league next season which would be his third season. In the meantime hopefully he can build on our current success domestically as well.

A good fit? The team has regressed dramatically under him and that was before major sales happened. There is nothing positive that can be said for his management style, he's defensively naive to the point he shouldnt be the job. He's shown no ability to fix problems in the teams performance, none.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Who would you prefer? Someone like Roy Keane to manage Celtic? He's no upgrade on Deila. One good season at Sunderland and then blew wads of cash at Sunderland and Ipswich with little success.

The SPL is not, at the moment, an attractive prospect for most top Managers.

I would've preferred Keane yes. I think Lambert or Moyes could organise us better and give us a stronger chance of qualifying for the CL next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Dempsey wrote: »
    A good fit? The team has regressed dramatically under him and that was before major sales happened. There is nothing positive that can be said for his management style, he's defensively naive to the point he shouldnt be the job. He's shown no ability to fix problems in the teams performance, none.

Yes I think he is a good fit.
    The team has struggled defensively this season no question about that but thats what you get when you lose your second best defender Denayer which of course was always going to happen given he was only on a season long loan and sell your best defender in Van Dijk as well as losing last seasons regular right back in Adam Matthews.
    I disagree he is defensively naive. Last season we were rock solid defensively. This season with the above losses and the fact that the replacement for Van Dijk Simunovic has missed most of the season until recently injured has been a major factor in how bad we have looked at times defensively.
    Regreession dramatically I disagree. Last season we came so close to winning a domestic treble which would be an incredible achievement given how hard it is to do and the manner in which we were denied it last year shows that even includes having to beat scandalous calls by refs. This season so far we are 7 points clear and in both cups so still very much alive domestically in all 3 competitions. Europe has been a disappointment again this year just as it was last year. Last years Champions League campaign was dreadful this years better but not good enough. Last years Europa League campaign where we got out of our group with a 2-2-2 record and giving Inter Milan a real run for their money was better then this years dismal group campaign.
    So certainly while there is still a long way to go in this season at this point we seem to be more or less about the same level we were last season although this time we are struggling defensively whereas last year we struggled for goals more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone know why Deila rowed back on the high pressing game that was evident last year?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I would've preferred Keane yes. I think Lambert or Moyes could organise us better and give us a stronger chance of qualifying for the CL next summer.

I'd agree that Moyes and Lambert would be upgrades on Deila. No way Keane is.

I'd agree that Moyes and Lambert would be upgrades on Deila. No way Keane is.

I think Keane has learnt a huge amount from working with O'Neill. I don't think he'll make the same mistakes he previously made when he goes back into management.

Yes I think he is a good fit.
    The team has struggled defensively this season no question about that but thats what you get when you lose your second best defender Denayer which of course was always going to happen given he was only on a season long loan and sell your best defender in Van Dijk as well as losing last seasons regular right back in Adam Matthews.
    I disagree he is defensively naive. Last season we were rock solid defensively. This season with the above losses and the fact that the replacement for Van Dijk Simunovic has missed most of the season until recently injured has been a major factor in how bad we have looked at times defensively.
    Regreession dramatically I disagree. Last season we came so close to winning a domestic treble which would be an incredible achievement given how hard it is to do and the manner in which we were denied it last year shows that even includes having to beat scandalous calls by refs. This season so far we are 7 points clear and in both cups so still very much alive domestically in all 3 competitions. Europe has been a disappointment again this year just as it was last year. Last years Champions League campaign was dreadful this years better but not good enough. Last years Europa League campaign where we got out of our group with a 2-2-2 record and giving Inter Milan a real run for their money was better then this years dismal group campaign.
    So certainly while there is still a long way to go in this season at this point we seem to be more or less about the same level we were last season although this time we are struggling defensively whereas last year we struggled for goals more so.

Alot of nonsense here. In his first season, he took a seasoned UCL squad into an abyss from which it hasnt recovered. The reason why Van Dijk & Denayer are gone is because of his failures in UCL campaigns. By the time Lennon left, everyone was arguing the merits of cost vs UCL progression beyond the group stage. That sort of discussion wont be happening under Deila given his consistent tactical failures in high profile domestic and european matches.

Talking up domestic successes is a fools errand given the resources at his disposal when Aberdeen continually capitulated positions from which they could put pressure on Celtic in the league. I wouldnt bother analyzing Cup success as any club can get caught on the day and despite all Lennon's successes, cup competitions wasnt his forte but when you put excel at league and european campaigns, the bread and butter of a Celtic manager, that can be forgiven.

And before you point it out, Lennon did fail in his earlier european campaigns but he also showed improvement in europa league performances against clubs that were of a much higher calibre than what Deila has capitulated against.

I think need to re-evaluate what metrics you are using to define success at Celtic because you are going out of your way to lower them at the moment.

• Advertisement

I've seen these arguments between Celtic fans on other sites over Deila as well. I was prepared for him remain in charge after Malmo, so long as he could make an impression in the EL Group. He completely failed to do that.

A decent performance in Amsterdam and at home to Fenerbache was let down by failing to take advantage due to defensive frailties throughout the side as an overall set up - it was not just the cb pairing that was at fault. This was followed up by 3 straight defeats, twice v Molde and then at home to Ajax. At home to Ajax, there was an effort put in, but there was a hopeless inevitability about the exit.

The key point is there isn't progression being made in Europe. Under Lennon in the EL Group Stage year, Celtic didn't qualify out of the Group but there was performances which augured well. Performances and displays which were organised and there was a shape to the team. We're getting none of that with Deila. It's one step forward here and there followed by multiple steps back into chaos.

What I don't get is this fierce loyalty among a small but vociferous group of Celtic fans around Deila, for the life of me I've no idea what he has done to deserve such devotion. I reckon this misguided support for him is giving the board - what they might think is - an easy way out by sticking with him.

As I said it looks like they are sticking with him, so hopefully it will work out, but I can't see it with Deila and I can't fathom how any Celtic fan would be assured by him remaining in charge and leading the team to the qualifiers next summer. You'd see talk from certain quarters about a long term "project". Bottom line, he is not getting the most out of the players we currently have so why should we believe he will get the most out of players in the future?

If it was my decision I'd sack him now and get a more practical manager in over Christmas to whip the team into shape for the qualifiers next summer. Won't be happening by the looks of it.

Alot of nonsense here. In his first season, he took a seasoned UCL squad into an abyss from which it hasnt recovered. The reason why Van Dijk & Denayer are gone is because of his failures in UCL campaigns. By the time Lennon left, everyone was arguing the merits of cost vs UCL progression beyond the group stage. That sort of discussion wont be happening under Deila given his consistent tactical failures in high profile domestic and european matches.

Talking up domestic successes is a fools errand given the resources at his disposal when Aberdeen continually capitulated positions from which they could put pressure on Celtic in the league. I wouldnt bother analyzing Cup success as any club can get caught on the day and despite all Lennon's successes, cup competitions wasnt his forte but when you put excel at league and european campaigns, the bread and butter of a Celtic manager, that can be forgiven.

And before you point it out, Lennon did fail in his earlier european campaigns but he also showed improvement in europa league performances against clubs that were of a much higher calibre than what Deila has capitulated against.

I think need to re-evaluate what metrics you are using to define success at Celtic because you are going out of your way to lower them at the moment.

I think you need to re-evaluate how you discuss differences with someone else who is also a Celtic supporter. Insulting me and belittling my opinions because they differ from yours does not do anything to warm me up to being persuaded by anything you have to say.

I've seen these arguments between Celtic fans on other sites over Deila as well. I was prepared for him remain in charge after Malmo, so long as he could make an impression in the EL Group. He completely failed to do that.

A decent performance in Amsterdam and at home to Fenerbache was let down by failing to take advantage due to defensive frailties throughout the side as an overall set up - it was not just the cb pairing that was at fault. This was followed up by 3 straight defeats, twice v Molde and then at home to Ajax. At home to Ajax, there was an effort put in, but there was a hopeless inevitability about the exit.

The key point is there isn't progression being made in Europe. Under Lennon in the EL Group Stage year, Celtic didn't qualify out of the Group but there was performances which augured well. Performances and displays which were organised and there was a shape to the team. We're getting none of that with Deila. It's one step forward here and there followed by multiple steps back into chaos.

What I don't get is this fierce loyalty among a small but vociferous group of Celtic fans around Deila, for the life of me I've no idea what he has done to deserve such devotion. I reckon this misguided support for him is giving the board - what they might think is - an easy way out by sticking with him.

As I said it looks like they are sticking with him, so hopefully it will work out, but I can't see it with Deila and I can't fathom how any Celtic fan would be assured by him remaining in charge and leading the team to the qualifiers next summer. You'd see talk from certain quarters about a long term "project". Bottom line, he is not getting the most out of the players we currently have so why should we believe he will get the most out of players in the future?

If it was my decision I'd sack him now and get a more practical manager in over Christmas to whip the team into shape for the qualifiers next summer. Won't be happening by the looks of it.

Some very good points in there in fairness Citizen. Obviously when it comes right down to it we disagree on Delia. Now don't get me wrong I am not some Delia ultra fan. I never wanted Lennon to leave. But I respected what he did for us and totally respected his feeling that it was time for him to leave Celtic. Delia for me is simply a good fit for where we financially in my opinion.
    I will say also though one area where I strongly disagree with some others is how dismissive some are of our current domestic success. I am not. As I have said before we have earned the right to be where we are and enjoy the domestic success we are having beacuse of how well we have performed on and off the field over a long period. I am enjoying ever minute of the current domestic success we are having every minute of it.
    I wish we were able to be more of a force at the European level but sadly I recognize that the finance is not there to allow us put on the field a team that can expect to compete at the group stages level of the Champions League on an every year or at least most years basis. Look at the TV deal Benfica just signed this week. Thats worth 40m a year to them. It is not just the rich leagues who and this is another point in a whole other topic are so far ahead of everyone that the later stages of the Champions League are in a way becoming a bore as it is always now the same teams as nobody else can compete financially. But it also clubs in Turkey, Ukraine, Portugal etc who have spending power we simply cannot even come close to matching in presant circumstances.

I think Keane has learnt a huge amount from working with O'Neill. I don't think he'll make the same mistakes he previously made when he goes back into management.

Perhaps he has. But I don't think he has the personality to be the main man.

A good coach or Assistant Manager yes. Manager? No.

How long on Deila's contract anyway? Another 12 months?

I'd agree that either Moyes or Lambert would be good choices to take over. Both looking to rebuild their reputations.

Perhaps he has. But I don't think he has the personality to be the main man.

A good coach or Assistant Manager yes. Manager? No.

How long on Deila's contract anyway? Another 12 months?

I'd agree that either Moyes or Lambert would be good choices to take over. Both looking to rebuild their reputations.

As far as I know Delia is on a rolling 12 month contract at Celtic.

Some very good points in there in fairness Citizen. Obviously when it comes right down to it we disagree on Delia. Now don't get me wrong I am not some Delia ultra fan. I never wanted Lennon to leave. But I respected what he did for us and totally respected his feeling that it was time for him to leave Celtic. Delia for me is simply a good fit for where we financially in my opinion.
    I will say also though one area where I strongly disagree with some others is how dismissive some are of our current domestic success. I am not. As I have said before we have earned the right to be where we are and enjoy the domestic success we are having beacuse of how well we have performed on and off the field over a long period. I am enjoying ever minute of the current domestic success we are having every minute of it.
    I wish we were able to be more of a force at the European level but sadly I recognize that the finance is not there to allow us put on the field a team that can expect to compete at the group stages level of the Champions League on an every year or at least most years basis. Look at the TV deal Benfica just signed this week. Thats worth 40m a year to them. It is not just the rich leagues who and this is another point in a whole other topic are so far ahead of everyone that the later stages of the Champions League are in a way becoming a bore as it is always now the same teams as nobody else can compete financially. But it also clubs in Turkey, Ukraine, Portugal etc who have spending power we simply cannot even come close to matching in presant circumstances.

Will ya cut the bullsht. The least that is expected of a manager is that he can get a team to punch it's weight. In Europe so far Deila has failed to do that. He's a very lucky man to still be Celtic manager after that EL campaign failure. He's on borrowed time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Match against Hamilton called off due to heavy rain

Will ya cut the bullsht. The least that is expected of a manager is that he can get a team to punch it's weight. In Europe so far Deila has failed to do that. He's a very lucky man to still be Celtic manager after that EL campaign failure. He's on borrowed time.

Exactly, Malmo, Maribor and Molde are hardly big spenders compared to Celtic, but each of the have torn Deilas team apart. He hasn't a clue what he is doing in Europe to be honest. Better to bite the bullet now and get a decent manager in.

Ahh back to the insults and total focus on European disappointments ( which unquestionably the last 2 European campaigns have been ) while completely overlooking our continued domestic success. Personally I am enjoying our domestic success which is well earned over a long number of years and while disappointed in European performances still believe that Delia can build a team capable of at least reaching the group stages of the Champions League. But I also understand as much as I hate it that given our financial position and how that position is not getting better any time soon us being able to put a team on the field that can compete in the Champions League and make at least the group stages on an every year or most year basis is just not realistic.

• Advertisement

Ahh back to the insults and total focus on European disappointments ( which unquestionably the last 2 European campaigns have been ) while completely overlooking our continued domestic success. Personally I am enjoying our domestic success which is well earned over a long number of years and while disappointed in European performances still believe that Delia can build a team capable of at least reaching the group stages of the Champions League. But I also understand as much as I hate it that given our financial position and how that position is not getting better any time soon us being able to put a team on the field that can compete in the Champions League and make at least the group stages on an every year or most year basis is just not realistic.

Celtic could do a season with a horse in charge and we'd walk the league. There is zero challenge there. He's been terrible in Europe, and not just against the so called bigger teams. He's been out of his depth against Malmo, Maribor and Molde.

You're missing the point, he has failed to get the best out of the players we already have where it matters most in Europe. The financial constraints on the club will only get worse because of his failures in Europe.

In order for you to be satisfied with Deila you will have to dumb down the ambitions of the club as regards qualifying for the CL. I really don't understand the drive for this with a small but loud section of the support. They seem to have bought into Deila's mantra about a young fit team with a high pressing style, which has been sold as a diversion from the more pragmatic approach of managers like Lennon, Strachan and O'Neill. He hasn't backed it up on the field where it matters though. There is an argument about the financial model not being sustainable etc. But a more pragmatic, experienced manager would get more out of our current team is the key point that is being missed.

Deila was supposed to be an assistant, someone who was going to work on the youth set up. But he got thrust into the main job prematurely and its not surprising that he has struggled when the pressure is on where it counts most in Europe. We are not facing a challenge in Scotland, but if we stick with Deila, keep failing to qualify and keep missing out on the CL funding then we won't be long about regressing to the point where we will be challenged domestically again.

There appears to be some kind of a marketing type deal going on with Deila and the notion that he's a "project" manager. If he was hired to develop a youth system, he should be doing that and someone with more experience and pragmatism should be over the first team. The set up we have now is asking for trouble and is losing the club millions in CL participation.

Celtic could do a season with a horse in charge and we'd walk the league. There is zero challenge there. He's been terrible in Europe, and not just against the so called bigger teams. He's been out of his depth against Malmo, Maribor and Molde.

Well you can continue to dismiss our domestic success thats your choice of course. For me I do not dimiss it. I have seen many a year when Celtic were nowhere near as dominant domestically as we are now and I am very much enjoying this current run of domestic dominance. A run which we have fully earned with our own excellence on and off the field.

You're missing the point, he has failed to get the best out of the players we already have where it matters most in Europe. The financial constraints on the club will only get worse because of his failures in Europe.

In order for you to be satisfied with Deila you will have to dumb down the ambitions of the club as regards qualifying for the CL. I really don't understand the drive for this with a small but loud section of the support. They seem to have bought into Deila's mantra about a young fit team with a high pressing style, which has been sold as a diversion from the more pragmatic approach of managers like Lennon, Strachan and O'Neill. He hasn't backed it up on the field where it matters though. There is an argument about the financial model not being sustainable etc. But a more pragmatic, experienced manager would get more out of our current team is the key point that is being missed.

Deila was supposed to be an assistant, someone who was going to work on the youth set up. But he got thrust into the main job prematurely and its not surprising that he has struggled when the pressure is on where it counts most in Europe. We are not facing a challenge in Scotland, but if we stick with Deila, keep failing to qualify and keep missing out on the CL funding then we won't be long about regressing to the point where we will be challenged domestically again.

There appears to be some kind of a marketing type deal going on with Deila and the notion that he's a "project" manager. If he was hired to develop a youth system, he should be doing that and someone with more experience and pragmatism should be over the first team. The set up we have now is asking for trouble and is losing the club millions in CL participation.

No I am not missing any point. I just simply disagree with you. It really is that simple. The fact that Delia is our manager is part and parcel of our financial constraints. Just as we cannot afford the money to buy and pay the level of players required to all but guarantee Champions League group stage level football every or almost every season the same goes with managers. We simply do not have the money to afford a manager at the equivalent level.

No I am not missing any point. I just simply disagree with you. It really is that simple. The fact that Delia is our manager is part and parcel of our financial constraints. Just as we cannot afford the money to buy and pay the level of players required to all but guarantee Champions League group stage level football every or almost every season the same goes with managers. We simply do not have the money to afford a manager at the equivalent level.

No I disagree. We can afford a manager with a bit more experience, a more practical manager who could get more out of the players we currently already have. The board originally wanted Deila to develop the youth set up and be an assistant manager learning the ropes under someone more experienced.

The board then decided to get too clever by half and said sure we can get him to do both jobs for the price of one. Deila then has to learn on the job, predictably he gets away with it in Scotland but gets woefully found out in Europe.

Also what about the "project", the youth development thing that he was supposed to head up, who is doing that now?

The board cutting corners with RD could end up with the club losing funding big time.

We were doing it under Lennon with the same budget and Lennon was more of a novice manager than Deila when getting the Celtic job. I find it staggering that you've accepted this situation so easily despite all the evidence to the contrary.

• Advertisement

We were doing it under Lennon with the same budget and Lennon was more of a novice manager than Deila when getting the Celtic job. I find it staggering that you've accepted this situation so easily despite all the evidence to the contrary.

And I thought it was only the other side that had a Head in the Sand SC

No I disagree. We can afford a manager with a bit more experience, a more practical manager who could get more out of the players we currently already have. The board originally wanted Deila to develop the youth set up and be an assistant manager learning the ropes under someone more experienced.

The board then decided to get too clever by half and said sure we can get him to do both jobs for the price of one. Deila then has to learn on the job, predictably he gets away with it in Scotland but gets woefully found out in Europe.

Also what about the "project", the youth development thing that he was supposed to head up, who is doing that now?

The board cutting corners with RD could end up with the club losing funding big time.

We certainly could try and attract a more experienced manager sure. But we have a very clear pay structure which we have been very unwilling to break and thus risk the clubs financial stability. Delia is on a rolling 12 month contract so in other words from the clubs standpoint they have the advantage of not having to make a pay off and still need to find a manager if they want to get rid of him. Hard to see very many higher level coaches then Delia was when he came to Celtic willing to be ok with that level of job insecurity as well as the pay that is on offer at Celtic.

We were doing what under Lennon?
    Agreed that Lennon was more of a novice when he was given the job. Thankfully it was a gamble that paid off well and we enjoyed some great days under Lennon. I was very sad when Lennon left.
    I do not accept the current situation we find ourselves in (vis a vie being able to put out a side and a manager that can all but guarantee Champions League group stages football most seasons) easily. I wish its was very different. It is very frustrating. But I understand the financial constraints we are operating under and also the fact that there does not seem to be any obvious solutions that can radically change our financial situation any time soon.

We were doing what under Lennon?
    Agreed that Lennon was more of a novice when he was given the job. Thankfully it was a gamble that paid off well and we enjoyed some great days under Lennon. I was very sad when Lennon left.
    I do not accept the current situation we find ourselves in (vis a vie being able to put out a side and a manager that can all but guarantee Champions League group stages football most seasons) easily. I wish its was very different. It is very frustrating. But I understand the financial constraints we are operating under and also the fact that there does not seem to be any obvious solutions that can sradically change our financial situation any time soon.

We were qualifying for the Champions League. We were signing good young players who we improved and then we could sell on for huge profits and replace them with other good young players.

Has Deila improved any player?? Made any of the young players consistently play to their potential??

We were qualifying for the Champions League. We were signing good young players who we improved and then we could sell on for huge profits and replace them with other good young players.

Has Deila improved any player?? Made any of the young players consistently play to their potential??

Yes Lenny lead us to some memorable nights. I was very sad when he left as manager. A true Celtic great and a class act as a person.
    It must be said he also like Delia failed to reach the group stages of the champions league in his first 2 seasons.

I would say Biton, Gordon, Griffiths and Forrest have alll done very well under Delia. Van Dijk did well also and was sold on at a large profit . Kieran Tierney is the obvious one of the younger academy players at Celtic to have flourished under Delia.

• Advertisement

Yes Lenny lead us to some memorable nights. I was very sad when he left as Manger. A true Celtic great and a class act as a person.
    It must be said he also like Delia failed to reach the group stages of the champions league in his first 2 seasons.

I would say Biton, Gordon, Griffiths and Forrest have alll done very well under Delia. Van Dijk did well also and was sold on at a large profit . Kieran Tierney is the obvious one of the younger academy players at Celtic to have flourished under Delia.

Bitton is playing ok. Not tearing up any trees. Gordon I think has regressed since his first season. Forrest is hit and miss. Griffiths is playing well in Scotland, but did nothing in Europe. VVD was a Lennon player.

There is no point talking to you, you are blinkered. In 5 years time we will be looking back on Deilas reign as a disaster and a waste of time.

Yes Lenny lead us to some memorable nights. I was very sad when he left as Manger. A true Celtic great and a class act as a person.

I said it already but I'll say it again, the manner of his performances in Europe were miles ahead of Deilas and against better opposition and you could see progression in Lennons teams during their 'baron days' in the Europa League

Bitton is playing ok. Not tearing up any trees. Gordon I think has regressed since his first season. Forrest is hit and miss. Griffiths is playing well in Scotland, but did nothing in Europe. VVD was a Lennon player.

There is no point talking to you, you are blinkered. In 5 years time we will be looking back on Deilas reign as a disaster and a waste of time.

Well I guess we will diagree on the above players performance levels as well.

Ahhh so when someone has the audacity to hold a different viewpoint to you they are blinkered. I see how it operates for you.
    For me I respect your opinion and have no problem with it I just differ in mine from yours and thats fine with me. Ultimately I want Celtic to do well and win just as I am sure you do.

Ciftci starting up front tonight 'cos we have noone else. Griffiths injured and Stokes out in the cold. Game doesn't matter to Celtic be interesting to see Allan as he starts, he has looked good when given opportunities off the bench.

Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic, Tierney; Bitton, Johansen; McGregor, Allan, Armstrong; Ciftci

I'd rather John Collins put a traffic cone up front, than have Cifcti. Absolutely useless.

10 vs 11 and we are still struggling. Deila is a joke. This should be his last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Equaliser from Commons

Well done tonight. A positive way to finish off the group stages which obviously have been a disappointment overall. I though the key for us was we defended much better tonight and that gave us a foothold in the game and then we were able to take advantage of Diego's stupidity thanks to Common's superb header. Thought Forrest was excellent when he came on as well. Extra bonus at the end was hearing the Ajax result and that they were out as well. Made for a good night all in all.

Well done tonight. A positive way to finish off the group stages which obviously have been a disappointment overall. I though the key for us was we defended much better tonight and that gave us a foothold in the game and then we were able to take advantage of Diego's stupidity thanks to Common's superb header. Thought Forrest was excellent when he came on as well. Extra bonus at the end was hearing the Ajax result and that they were out as well. Made for a good night all in all.

I think you're having a cod mate.

I think you're having a cod mate.

No I am not.

• Advertisement

No I am not.

Well, you're just coddin yourself then.

If Diego wasn't a hot head we would have lost, there was no improvement.

You need to have a chat with yourself

Well, you're just coddin yourself then.

No I just differ in my opinions from you. You don't seem to like and or respect that.

If Diego wasn't a hot head we would have lost, there was no improvement.

I thought we defended better in this game then in previous group games and we did take advantage of Diego's stupidity which is also a good sign taking advantage of another teams mistake.

I thought we defended better in this game then in previous group games and we did take advantage of Diego's stupidity which is also a good sign taking advantage of another teams mistake.

A good sign?? You're deluded. Deila is taking us backwards.

You need to have a chat with yourself

Yes how dare I look at the positives from a 1-1 draw away to Fenerbache.

Very ugly first half today. The pitch and conditions looked very poor and difficult for good passing football. Thought we did well in the second half though and controlled the game well. Great to see Ciftci get himself a couple of goals and have a good all round game. Hopefully that will be a real kick start for his Celtic career. Certainly should boost his confidence. I thought Boyata at the back was very good today. Defended well throughout the day and his header brings his tally to 5 on the season so far. A very good number for a center back at the halfway point in the season. If he can build some consistency into his game that would be huge.
    All in all with Aberdeen having closed the gap to 1 point going into todays game getting the 3 points today was big.

A good sign?? You're deluded. Deila is taking us backwards.

No I just differ in my opinion on the Fenerbache game but unlike you I respect that your opinion differs and so I don't indulge in insults because you see things differently.
    I thought we defender better in the game and being able to take advantage of a mistake in a tough away European game is a good sign because teams at that level do not make that many mistakes.

• Advertisement

No I just differ in my opinions from you. You don't seem to like and or respect that.

Not buying it. We were in a group with Fenerbache who didn't seem to be bothered about the EL, were perhaps concentrating on their domestic league to get to the CL, a transitional very beatable Ajax side and a Norwegian outfit that are 6th in the league in Norway. We finished bottom of that Group on 3 points, there's no excuse for that level of failure.

We're stuck with Deila by the looks of it, the board appear to be taking the lazy and they hope cheaper option by sticking with him, so hopefully he will get us to the CL next summer because it'll be a very costly error if he fails again. However you are either enjoying arguing with fellow Celtic fans or you're thoroughly deluded with your attempt to put a positive spin on Deila's woeful European campaign with Celtic this season. Deila will likely get another chance at CL qualification next summer, I don't think he deserves it. After failing v Malmo the subsequent EL campaign was a disgrace, the lack of organisation and preparation was unprofessional. Your happy clappy nonsense in that context is an insult to fellow Celtic fans intelligence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement