Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Not buying it. We were in a group with Fenerbache who didn't seem to be bothered about the EL, were perhaps concentrating on their domestic league to get to the CL, a transitional very beatable Ajax side and a Norwegian outfit that are 6th in the league in Norway. We finished bottom of that Group on 3 points, there's no excuse for that level of failure.

We're stuck with Deila by the looks of it, the board appear to be taking the lazy and they hope cheaper option by sticking with him, so hopefully he will get us to the CL next summer because it'll be a very costly error if he fails again. However you are either enjoying arguing with fellow Celtic fans or you're thoroughly deluded with your attempt to put a positive spin on Deila's woeful European campaign with Celtic this season. Deila will likely get another chance at CL qualification next summer, I don't think he deserves it. After failing v Malmo the subsequent EL campaign was a disgrace, the lack of organisation and preparation was unprofessional. Your happy clappy nonsense in that context is an insult to fellow Celtic fans intelligence.

Yes again how dare I have a different opinion then you. I simply differ in my opinion on Ronny Delia and where Celtic is at currently as a club from you. I agree the Europa League group stages were disappointing particuarly the 2 games against Molde. But unlike you I have confidence that Delia will get it right when it comes to Europe next season and we will be stronger. Unlike you I do not dismiss our domestic success and I am very much enjoying the current domestic dominance we have and continue to enjoy and which we have as a club earned through good play on the field and excellent managemnet off the field over an extended period. We won a double last season and but for a horrific no call would have been very likley to win only the fourth treble in the clubs history. We are going well again domestically this season and I for one am excited about watching the team continue to develop as the season moves along.

I respect that you have a different opinion to me. Sadly with your continued personal insults you do not seem to respect that I as another Celtic fan simply see things differently to you. So I would have to say no I certainly do not enjoy arguing with you given your response to a fellow Celtic fan who dares to disagree is to insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

eire4 wrote: »
    Yes again how dare I have a different opinion then you. I simply differ in my opinion on Ronny Delia and where Celtic is at currently as a club from you. I agree the Europa League group stages were disappointing particuarly the 2 games against Molde. But unlike you I have confidence that Delia will get it right when it comes to Europe next season and we will be stronger. Unlike you I do not dismiss our domestic success and I am very much enjoying the current domestic dominance we have and continue to enjoy and which we have as a club earned through good play on the field and excellent managemnet off the field over an extended period. We won a double last season and but for a horrific no call would have been very likley to win only the fourth treble in the clubs history. We are going well again domestically this season and I for one am excited about watching the team continue to develop as the season moves along.

I respect that you have a different opinion to me. Sadly with your continued personal insults you do not seem to respect that I as another Celtic fan simply see things differently to you. So I would have to say no I certainly do not enjoy arguing with you given your response to a fellow Celtic fan who dares to disagree is to insult.

Given that this is the second season that Deila has failed comprehensively in Europe, and that performances this season are markedly poorer domestically than they were last season, what is it that is giving you the confidence that he will make the team stronger??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I'm not insulting you, if anything I think you are insulting the intelligence of other Celtic supporters with your happy clappy type appraisal of what has largely been a woeful, poorly organised and unprofessional Euro campaign under Deila this season.

Whether he can get his act together for the CL qualfiers next summer is debateable - although the evidence up 'til now makes it look unlikely.

However up 'til now his performance of his team in Europe, especially this season where we've actually gone backways from last season in Europe, has been abysmal. For you to come along and declare a 1-1 draw in what was a dead rubber game for us as acceptable is ridiculous, give it a rest.

Given that this is the second season that Deila has failed comprehensively in Europe, and that performances this season are markedly poorer domestically than they were last season, what is it that is giving you the confidence that he will make the team stronger??

I would disagree with you that our performances this season have been poorer domestically then last season. We are actually 4 points better off after 17 games then we were last season. The main difference is particuarly early on we looked dodgy at the back with the ever changing and unsettled back line which has resulted in more goals conceeded although at the other end we have scored more and looked in most games more potent in front of goal. In more recent games we have started to tighten up and look better defensively. Hopefully as Boyata and Simunovic play more games together they can continue to develop and form a good partnership at the heart of our backline. That will be vital for us. I am encouraged by the fact we look quite good going forward and I think we are starting to show signs of getting the back line more settled and given we have a whole half of the season yet to play that gives Boyata and Simunovic in particular time to bed in together.

I'm not insulting you, if anything I think you are insulting the intelligence of other Celtic supporters with your happy clappy type appraisal of what has largely been a woeful, poorly organised and unprofessional Euro campaign under Deila this season.

Whether he can get his act together for the CL qualfiers next summer is debateable - although the evidence up 'til now makes it look unlikely.

However up 'til now his performance of his team in Europe, especially this season where we've actually gone backways from last season in Europe, has been abysmal. For you to come along and declare a 1-1 draw in what was a dead rubber game for us as acceptable is ridiculous, give it a rest.

Yes you have been including a number of personal insults in your respones to me for the temerity I show in having a different opinion to you in regards to our manager and the current situation in which Celtic find themselves in.

"you're thoroughly deluded" "Your happy clappy nonsense"
    "Will ya cut the bullsht" "This is cloud cuckoo land stuff"

and you again go for insults in your latest post just because I happen to think there were a lot of positives to take from the 1-1 draw with Fenerbache in Istanbul. The game may have been a dead rubber to us but it was very much a live game to them and for us to go there and get a point was a good result.

• Advertisement

Yes you have been including a number of personal insults in your respones to me for the temerity I show in having a different opinion to you in regards to our manager and the current situation in which Celtic find themselves in.

"you're thoroughly deluded" "Your happy clappy nonsense"
    "Will ya cut the bullsht" "This is cloud cuckoo land stuff"

and you again go for insults in your latest post just because I happen to think there were a lot of positives to take from the 1-1 draw with Fenerbache in Istanbul. The game may have been a dead rubber to us but it was very much a live game to them and for us to go there and get a point was a good result.

It was a dead rubber for us, Fenerbache didn't look bothered about the campaign half of the time anyway, they perhaps are more interested in their domestic league and qualifying for the CL next year.

The Fenerbache goal; did you hear Gordon Strachan's analysis of it? He said Celtic's back line was pushed up very high, which is fine if you have the players to do that. Bayern Munich would do that for example but they have Neuer playing like a sweeper. As Strachan pointed out Craig Gordon wasn't up on the edge of his box and there was a big gap between the back line and him. When the ball was put into the space, he came out too late in a panic and made a hames of it.

Ronny Deila's 18 months or more in the job now, but he still hasn't figured out a "system" that gets the most out of the players he has at his disposal in Europe, so we end up with the results we are getting in Europe.

Is he going to learn? He doesn't even sound like he's going to learn. We can only hope that he won't admit he's wrong but sees that he's been getting it wrong and will come up with ways to get the most out of the players he has for next years qualifiers as opposed to imposing new "systems" on them.

He can mess around with whatever "systems" he likes in the SPL and probably get away with it, but in Europe in the qualifiers next summer, he needs to get results or he's going to cost the club a fortune - again.

I would disagree with you that our performances this season have been poorer domestically then last season. We are actually 4 points better off after 17 games then we were last season. The main difference is particuarly early on we looked dodgy at the back with the ever changing and unsettled back line which has resulted in more goals conceeded although at the other end we have scored more and looked in most games more potent in front of goal. In more recent games we have started to tighten up and look better defensively. Hopefully as Boyata and Simunovic play more games together they can continue to develop and form a good partnership at the heart of our backline. That will be vital for us. I am encouraged by the fact we look quite good going forward and I think we are starting to show signs of getting the back line more settled and given we have a whole half of the season yet to play that gives Boyata and Simunovic in particular time to bed in together.

We might be 4 points better off, but blind Freddie could see we've looked awful this season. We've clicked in one or two games, but we are horrendously shaky at the back. Johansen is a shadow of himself. If Griffiths gets injured we've nothing up front.

We might be 4 points better off, but blind Freddie could see we've looked awful this season. We've clicked in one or two games, but we are horrendously shaky at the back. Johansen is a shadow of himself. If Griffiths gets injured we've nothing up front.

We've plenty for the SPL. Ciftci can do a job in the SPL, scored twice yesterday. The problems arise in Europe - the only place where we can get decent funding. Europe is where Deila is judged and is where he is thus far failing. I'd replace him now, 'cos I think it's a bigger gamble to leave him in charge hoping that he has learned from two Euro campaigns of experience. He has shown no signs as yet that he has learned anything in Europe.

Ahh so your going for the insult route as well because I dare to disagree with you.
    I think we are doing fine domestically. We are indeed 4 points better off and have scored more goals and look more potent in front of goal. No question we have been dodgy at the back at times. But hopefully the kind of performance we saw from Boyata and Imunovic together yesterday is a good sign and with games together they can build a good understanding. No question Johansen hasn't been as good as last season he freely admits that himself but he looked busy and worked hard for the team in his recent games in the deeper role which is promising for the rest of the season while Griffiths has been excellent for the most part this season.
    Personally I am very much looking forward to the secnd half of the season.

Ahh so your going for the insult route as well because I dare to disagree with you.
    I think we are doing fine domestically. We are indeed 4 points better off and have scored more goals and look more potent in front of goal. No question we have been dodgy at the back at times. But hopefully the kind of performance we saw from Boyata and Imunovic together yesterday is a good sign and with games together they can build a good understanding. No question Johansen hasn't been as good as last season he freely admits that himself but he looked busy and worked hard for the team in his recent games in the deeper role which is promising for the rest of the season while Griffiths has been excellent for the most part this season.

I put a point to you that Gordon Strachan made re Deila's naive tactics in Europe and you just swerved it to continue on about so called "insults" being thrown at you. Nothing else to add I guess.

In the Fenerbache 1-1 game you referred to, Commons scoring the equaizer. Deila's been trying to sideline Commons. He dropped him initially, then brought him back when his replacements for him weren't as good but then he still tried to keep him on the fringes by taking him off early in games. Commons let him have it when he took him off early v Molde. Deila will continue to try to push Commons out of the club by the looks of it - the best creative player we have.

• Advertisement

Insults?? You're a precious little buttercup aren't you. Card to point out where I've been insulting??

Griffith can't cut it in Europe, but will get goals in Scotland. Boyata is a bombscare and it too old to change, much like Ambrose.

Insults?? You're a precious little buttercup aren't you. Card to point out where I've been insulting??

Griffith can't cut it in Europe, but will get goals in Scotland. Boyata is a bombscare and it too old to change, much like Ambrose.

"You're deluded" and suggesting beacuse I have the temerity to disagree with your opinion that I must be worse then whomever blind freddy is.

Given this is Griffiths first shot at Europe I thought he did ok. But would agree he is no star at that level. But certainly has proved to be a big success domestically. Given his experience now after his first European campaign and the fact at 25 he still has room for growth and his best years ahead of him I think he still could develop into an effective player in Europe.
    Boyata no question was very inconsistent over his first couple of months or so at Celtic. But I think he has looked much better recently particuarly since Simunovic overcame his injury issues and the 2 have been playing together. I think they could develop into a good partnership from what I have seen in recent games. Plus the fact he scored his 5th goal of the season already on Sunday shows he can really provide a significant goal threat for us at set pieces. Given his age 25 I would say he also like Griffiths still has room for growth and his peak career years are ahead of him. I would also add in for a player who is currently 25 he played very little first team football previously to joining Celtic so I think he flat out needs games and time to grow into the team.

"You're deluded" and suggesting beacuse I have the temerity to disagree with your opinion that I must be worse then whomever blind freddy is.

Given this is Griffiths first shot at Europe I thought he did ok. But would agree he is no star at that level. But certainly has proved to be a big success domestically. Given his experience now after his first European campaign and the fact at 25 he still has room for growth and his best years ahead of him I think he still could develop into an effective player in Europe.
    Boyata no question was very inconsistent over his first couple of months or so at Celtic. But I think he has looked much better recently particuarly since Simunovic overcame his injury issues and the 2 have been playing together. I think they could develop into a good partnership from what I have seen in recent games. Plus the fact he scored his 5th goal of the season already on Sunday shows he can really provide a significant goal threat for us at set pieces. Given his age 25 I would say he also like Griffiths still has room for growth and his peak career years are ahead of him. I would also add in for a player who is currently 25 he played very little first team football previously to joining Celtic so I think he flat out needs games and time to grow into the team.

Ignorance is no excuse to claim someone is abusing you, blind Freddie is a well known analogy. Google is your friend.

Our defence is starting to look better?? You do realise that last weekend was our first clean sheet in 9 games, stretching back to our 0-0 with Killie.

Ignorance is no excuse to claim someone is abusing you, blind Freddie is a well known analogy. Google is your friend.

Our defence is starting to look better?? You do realise that last weekend was our first clean sheet in 9 games, stretching back to our 0-0 with Killie.

Ahh so now because someone disagrees with you they are ignorant. Inetresting outlook.

Yes I feel that Boyata aside from having had a good game last weekend has started to look better recently and Simunovic also as he gets games under his belt looks like he can be a good player for us. FYI the 0-0 draw with Kilmarnock was 4 games ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ahh so now because someone disagrees with you they are ignorant. Inetresting outlook.

Yes I feel that Boyata aside from having had a good game last weekend has started to look better recently and Simunovic also as he gets games under his belt looks like he can be a good player for us. FYI the 0-0 draw with Kilmarnock was 4 games ago.

Disagreeing with someone is fine but the arguments and metrics you are using to back it up fly in the face of what I've seen over the past 2 years.

Indisputable fact: Celtic Football Club has gone backwards under Ronny Deila i.e. from a UCL regular punching above their weight to Europa League punching bag.

The arguments are using to portray that there is some sort of recovery starting is stretching the facts by a considerable margin. The team will get more consistency in the SPL now that the hectic, money making schedule is over and Celtic dont have european football after xmas, I hope you dont get carried away with that fact thinking you will be somehow vindicated in your thinking at the moment. Lets face it, winning the league with decent performances is the absolute minimum requirement, and he's hovering in and around this mark all season.

Never mind the bullish mindset from both Deila & Collins that nothing is wrong and stating that they are better than some of the teams that they've gotten beaten and beaten soundly by. There is defending your team and then there is being stupid. Those two come across as stupid and inept at times to me.

The current Celtic management has done little to make me think that the club is in safe hands in the short, medium or long term. The one thing was his fitness drive and high pressing, high tempo game but that seems to be all but gone out the window. I think the players had a meeting about that and I'm surprised the media hasnt pressed him on why he has adjusted his philosophy given his stance last season.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Disagreeing with someone is fine but the arguments and metrics you are using to back it up fly in the face of what I've seen over the past 2 years.

Indisputable fact: Celtic Football Club has gone backwards under Ronny Deila i.e. from a UCL regular punching above their weight to Europa League punching bag.

The arguments are using to portray that there is some sort of recovery starting is stretching the facts by a considerable margin. The team will get more consistency in the SPL now that the hectic, money making schedule is over and Celtic dont have european football after xmas, I hope you dont get carried away with that fact thinking you will be somehow vindicated in your thinking at the moment. Lets face it, winning the league with decent performances is the absolute minimum requirement, and he's hovering in and around this mark all season.

Never mind the bullish mindset from both Deila & Collins that nothing is wrong and stating that they are better than some of the teams that they've gotten beaten and beaten soundly by. There is defending your team and then there is being stupid. Those two come across as stupid and inept at times to me.

The current Celtic management has done little to make me think that the club is in safe hands in the short, medium or long term. The one thing was his fitness drive and high pressing, high tempo game but that seems to be all but gone out the window. I think the players had a meeting about that and I'm surprised the media hasnt pressed him on why he has adjusted his philosophy given his stance last season.

Celtic failed to make the Champions League group stages in 2009, 2010, 2011 under Mowbray and then Lennon. Made it in 2012 and 2013 under Lennon. So no idea how your coming up with Celtic being a Champions League group stage regular and Ronny Delia taking us backward. Reality for us given our current financial situation is that making the Champions League group stages is success for us as unpalatable as that is. We have been going backward in European terms from before Delia given the down sizing that has gone on at the club since the Martin O'Neil era. Sadly there does not seem to be any light at the end of the current financial tunnel we find ourselves stuck in given the patheic TV deal we have forced on us by the spfl and the fact that we are not allowed to go get our own TV deal such as say the bigger clubs in Portugal can which seems them now dwarf us financially.

As for the domestic side of things we have already been very concsistent and are 4 points ahead of where we were after 17 games last season. Personally I am loving every minute of our well earned domestic success which is the result of years of good management on and off the field. We have lots to play for this season as we head into the second half of the campaign and I am looking forward to it.

As for playing a high pressing game. You cannot do that if your back line is as unsettled and performing as poorly as it has been this season until more recently when Boyata and Simunovic have both been fit and playing together. You can only play a high pressing game high up the field when your able to go as a team and that starts from the back.
    Those 2 developing a good parnership is certainly something I hope we see develop as the season moves along.

I put a point to you that Gordon Strachan made re Deila's naive tactics in Europe and you just swerved it to continue on about so called "insults" being thrown at you. Nothing else to add I guess.

In the Fenerbache 1-1 game you referred to, Commons scoring the equaizer. Deila's been trying to sideline Commons. He dropped him initially, then brought him back when his replacements for him weren't as good but then he still tried to keep him on the fringes by taking him off early in games. Commons let him have it when he took him off early v Molde. Deila will continue to try to push Commons out of the club by the looks of it - the best creative player we have.

Nice try to minimise with so called insults. I could care less how many insults are thrown or what they are. I am simply making the point that because I dare to have an opinion that differs from a few others here they have shown a distinct lack of respect for said different opinion.

Kris Commons played 46 times for Celtic last season scoring 16 goals. Thats a lot of games to play for someone being ditched according to you. He has played 20 times this season so far. O and he signed a 2 year contract extension last spring. Not what usually happens when a player is pushed out of the club say like Samaras was. Fact is Commons is 32 and will be 33 when next season starts so the 2 year deal makes sense as he still is a quality player who has a lot to offer us but he is likely at the begining of his post peak career years so obviously it is questionable how many more years Commons will be able to play at the kind of level he currently is able to beyond his current contract.

Sorry I got my stat wrong, it was only our second clean sheet in 9 games. The other one being the 0-0 with Killie.

Also so far this season, in the league, if we aren't winning by half time we haven't won a game. And as for the much improved James Forrest you were going on about, he is averaging a goal or assist every 464 minutes he plays. Or one every 5 games. Hardly much improved.

Edit: Also, I never said you were ignorant for agreeing with me, I alluded that your ignorance of the commonly used phrase "blind Freddie" making you think it was abusive towards you was the fault of your ignorance and not in anyway abusive. Again, Google is your friend.

Sorry I got my stat wrong, it was only our second clean sheet in 9 games. The other one being the 0-0 with Killie.

Also so far this season, in the league, if we aren't winning by half time we haven't won a game. And as for the much improved James Forrest you were going on about, he is averaging a goal or assist every 464 minutes he plays. Or one every 5 games. Hardly much improved.

Edit: Also, I never said you were ignorant for agreeing with me, I alluded that your ignorance of the commonly used phrase "blind Freddie" making you think it was abusive towards you was the fault of your ignorance and not in anyway abusive. Again, Google is your friend.

Well we seem to agree on very little as regards Celtic. On that point I think we can agree:)

Nice try to minimise with so called insults. I could care less how many insults are thrown or what they are. I am simply making the point that because I dare to have an opinion that differs from a few others here they have shown a distinct lack of respect for said different opinion.

If you don't care about the so called insults then why do you keep bringing it up. Saying someone is deluded is a statement of opinion, I think you're deluded re Deila. If you choose to be offended that's up to you. Just because it looks like the board are going to stick with Deila doesn't change my view that Deila doesn't measure up to the job and that we could get someone better than him as manager.

Kris Commons played 46 times for Celtic last season scoring 16 goals. Thats a lot of games to play for someone being ditched according to you. He has played 20 times this season so far. O and he signed a 2 year contract extension last spring. Not what usually happens when a player is pushed out of the club say like Samaras was. Fact is Commons is 32 and will be 33 when next season starts so the 2 year deal makes sense as he still is a quality player who has a lot to offer us but he is likely at the begining of his post peak career years so obviously it is questionable how many more years Commons will be able to play at the kind of level he currently is able to beyond his current contract.

Deila was leaving Commons out of the starting line up in important games. In the 2 ties v Qarabag he started on the bench. In the home leg v Malmo he didn't even come off the bench. In the away leg when Malmo had taken control of the tie due to Celtic's lack of professionalism and preparation under Deila, Deila turned to Commons in desperation at half time. This character Deila is beginning to cause a divide in the support. In my view the board are pulling the wool over some supporters eyes. They have some of them believing that he is some kind of revolutionary who will modernise the way we play and do things, when in reality he was originally supposed to be hired as an assistant who was to work on the youth set up.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he has already been found wanting when the pressure is on, and I reckon that will continue to be the case which will mean we won't qualify for the CL next summer. We can afford a better manager, that's for definite. Deila should be an assistant as originally planned or not there at all in my view. Like I say I hope I'm wrong and Deila suddenly learns on the job and gets us to the CL, but I think he's a dud and we should sack him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

New contract for Griffiths

http://www.celticfc.net/news/9754

His form will go off a cliff so! :pac:

If you don't care about the so called insults then why do you keep bringing it up. Saying someone is deluded is a statement of opinion, I think you're deluded re Deila. If you choose to be offended that's up to you. Just because it looks like the board are going to stick with Deila doesn't change my view that Deila doesn't measure up to the job and that we could get someone better than him as manager.

Deila was leaving Commons out of the starting line up in important games. In the 2 ties v Qarabag he started on the bench. In the home leg v Malmo he didn't even come off the bench. In the away leg when Malmo had taken control of the tie due to Celtic's lack of professionalism and preparation under Deila, Deila turned to Commons in desperation at half time. This character Deila is beginning to cause a divide in the support. In my view the board are pulling the wool over some supporters eyes. They have some of them believing that he is some kind of revolutionary who will modernise the way we play and do things, when in reality he was originally supposed to be hired as an assistant who was to work on the youth set up.

I hope I'm wrong but I think he has already been found wanting when the pressure is on, and I reckon that will continue to be the case which will mean we won't qualify for the CL next summer. We can afford a better manager, that's for definite. Deila should be an assistant as originally planned or not there at all in my view. Like I say I hope I'm wrong and Deila suddenly learns on the job and gets us to the CL, but I think he's a dud and we should sack him now.

I could care less about your insults but I keep bringing it up because you have done it a few times and it is very telling that your responses to someone who dares to differ in their opinion to you on things Celtic at any rate includes insults.

In terms of Delia I do indeed hope your opinion about him is wrong.

Another point to make in regards to finances or our lack of them at a Champions League Group stage level is as well as the restrictions they place on us there is the point that even some players and or managers we could afford simply decide they don't want to come to Celtic. Delia was certainly not first choice when he was appointed. It is my understanding that both Roy Keane and David Moyes turned down Celtic before Delia was offered the job. Whether others were also offered the job ahead of Delia and turned it down I don't know.

Brilliant news this. Was very happily surprised when I saw this news. Five years too thats a lengthy deal taking him through to his 30th birthday so right into his peak career years. Credit to Griffiths who clearly appreciates being a Celtic player and has worked hard in really focusing on his game and cutting out the off field nonesense. I think its smart to give a long term deal to an important player who obviously understands and values greatly what he has at Celtic.

I could care less about your insults but I keep bringing it up because you have done it a few times and it is very telling that your responses to someone who dares to differ in their opinion to you on things Celtic at any rate includes insults.
    Where did I "insult" in that last comment you quoted? I reckon your just throwing it out there 'cos maybe you think deflecting from the core issue 're Deila can help your flimsy argument.
    In terms of Delia I do indeed hope your opinion about him is wrong.

Another point to make in regards to finances or our lack of them at a Champions League Group stage level is as well as the restrictions they place on us there is the point that even some players and or managers we could afford simply decide they don't want to come to Celtic. Delia was certainly not first choice when he was appointed. It is my understanding that both Roy Keane and David Moyes turned down Celtic before Delia was offered the job. Whether others were also offered the job ahead of Delia and turned it down I don't know.

They spoke to Keane, I think one of the reasons he turned him down is that Deila was being foisted on him as an assistant. I don't think they spoke to Moyes. I am firmly of the belief we could attract a better manager than Deila even within the current financial constraints at the club. Those constraints will likely get worse the longer Deila stays around.

Ronnys improvements continue. I'd love to see Bielsa come in. Wouldn't be too expensive and would shake things up completely.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Aberdeen must be thinking they've a serious chance now after today. Failing to win at home 4 times on the trot now, very poor. I honestly believe a lot more could be got from the players we have, this is a managerial problem and Deila's time was up after our Euro flop.

Don't expect anything to get better while he is still around. We are completely predictable in our play and anyone can be confident of getting points off us, regardless of who they are.

Happy to have Griffiths around for a while, but we need more bite upfront - a player in the vein of Samaras.

Where did I "insult" in that last comment you quoted? I reckon your just throwing it out there 'cos maybe you think deflecting from the core issue 're Deila can help your flimsy argument.

They spoke to Keane, I think one of the reasons he turned him down is that Deila was being foisted on him as an assistant. I don't think they spoke to Moyes. I am firmly of the belief we could attract a better manager than Deila even within the current financial constraints at the club. Those constraints will likely get worse the longer Deila stays around.

So now you think you know why Keane turned Celtic down. But the reality is you don't actually know your just making a guess. Celtic did indeed speak to Moyes but he turned us down. Either way neither of them is obviously a better manager then Delia in my opinion. You do not like and or believe Delia is a good manager fair enough. I respect that. For me while I wish we were in the market for proven top quality managers just like with players I understand financially we simply are not in that market. As I said above though above and beyond the financial constraints we operate on with both players and managers even when we can afford the price it is still often hard to persuade a player or a manager to come to Celtic. Some that we can afford simply do not want to come to Celtic.

So now you think you know why Keane turned Celtic down. But the reality is you don't actually know your just making a guess. Celtic did indeed speak to Moyes but he turned us down. Either way neither of them is obviously a better manager then Delia in my opinion. You do not like and or believe Delia is a good manager fair enough. I respect that. For me while I wish we were in the market for proven top quality managers just like with players I understand financially we simply are not in that market. As I said above though above and beyond the financial constraints we operate on with both players and managers even when we can afford the price it is still often hard to persuade a player or a manager to come to Celtic. Some that we can afford simply do not want to come to Celtic.

Did they actually speak to Moyes or are you just guessing they did? I saw no mention anywhere that they actually spoke to him, they definitely spoke to Keane. We can definitely get better than Deila even within the financial constraints and the ability to attract managers to Scotland. We have some decent players and they are not punching their weight as a team.

• Advertisement

Thankfully the board don't agree with Eire4. Deila, Collins and Kennedy all to be relieved of duty today according to the chatter in Glasgow.

Thankfully the board don't agree with Eire4. Deila, Collins and Kennedy all to be relieved of duty today according to the chatter in Glasgow.

It would be a nice Christmas present for Celtic supporters if the board finally saw sense and we get shot of the dud Deila. Unfortunately the agony looks likely to continue. Maybe they are waiting for a Mowbrayesque disaster like a 4-0 league defeat or something. It's obvious to all that he should be gone already.

It would be a nice Christmas present for Celtic supporters if the board finally saw sense and we get shot of the dud Deila. Unfortunately the agony looks likely to continue. Maybe they are waiting for a Mowbrayesque disaster like a 4-0 league defeat or something. It's obvious to all that he should be gone already.

Hearts coming up, I think that may be the last straw. If our domestic form is as good as Eire4 makes out then Dons should win team of the year since they're only 1 point behind us with less than a third of our budget.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Happy Christmas bhoys and otherwise, hope you all have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Nollaig Shona Duit to all Celtic fans everywhere.

0-1 to the Hoops after McGregor puts a lovely pass into Biton who slides it past Alexander. Good start from Celtic but Hearts came into the game.

Edit 1-1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Looked like an own goal from Lustig

Edit Lustig got there first only for the ball to come off Nicholson

Ciftci has been completely ineffective today. We really are lacking bite up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ciftci has been completely ineffective today. We really are lacking bite up front.

Not an accusation that has often been thrown at Ciftci :pac:

No idea why he was signed, don't rate him at all

Beautiful finish from Rogic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some equaliser. Gordon should have done better IMO.

• Advertisement

2-2. A fair result really. Could have easily lost it without Rogic and Biton on the pitch. Johansen very poor, kept giving the ball away in midfield and needless rash challenges. Ciftci might as well not have been there and had either Rogic's or Biton's chances fallen to him I doubt he would have finished them.

We have a lot of problems at the moment and I don't see Deila addressing them.

Cifti and Johansen were poor today, Ambrose done OK! Naive from Forrest to give away a free kick in a dangerous area so close to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Game tonight postponed due to waterlogged pitch. That's twice this season we've had to postpone games, doesn't look good when we've complained about other teams postponing games & the quality of their pitches over the last few years

Edit : just saw the game was due to be played in Dundee so scratch that

Did they actually speak to Moyes or are you just guessing they did? I saw no mention anywhere that they actually spoke to him, they definitely spoke to Keane. We can definitely get better than Deila even within the financial constraints and the ability to attract managers to Scotland. We have some decent players and they are not punching their weight as a team.

Yes the club did contact Moyes and no I am not guessing.

Looking forward to tomorrows game against Thistle. Always seems so much better when its the old school Saturday afternoon KO which hardly seems to happen these days. Hopefully we have Griffiths and Commons back in the line up we have really missed them in the past few games. Thistle have a pretty decent defensive record this season so it would be a massive boost to have them back in the line up.

The Glasgow derby today and Celtic a last minute Griffiths goal wins it

https://vid.me/FcL5

Looking forward to tomorrows game against Thistle. Always seems so much better when its the old school Saturday afternoon KO which hardly seems to happen these days. Hopefully we have Griffiths and Commons back in the line up we have really missed them in the past few games. Thistle have a pretty decent defensive record this season so it would be a massive boost to have them back in the line up.

One up top and 2 DMs today, at home, against Partick. Deila really has us on fire. Get him out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

The Glasgow derby today and Celtic a last minute Griffiths goal wins it

https://vid.me/FcL5

The body language of the lads sitting on the Celtic bench is interesting. You'd swear they had just conceded a flukey last minute goal. There's something badly wrong with that whole set up. Hopefully this will be Delia's last season at Celtic.

tanko wrote: »
    The body language of the lads sitting on the Celtic bench is interesting. You'd swear they had just conceded a flukey last minute goal. There's something badly wrong with that whole set up. Hopefully this will be Delia's last season at Celtic.

Yea, thats shocking body language from the players. They need a kick in the arse tbh. They are pros, should be backing the manager at all times.

Griffiths finish was very confident, most player try to power those and they end up a comfortable height for the keeper to save.

2kxJZz.gif

Super fast goal from Leigh Griffiths

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement