Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lovely build up play to that goal.

This ref is a total bottler.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Cole makes it two after a lovely chip in from Biton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lovely build up play to that goal.

This ref is a total bottler.

I blame the parents;)

Deila's playing 2 up top today which is a breath of fresh air 'cos he has been so rigid with his "system" up 'til now. A manager should always be prepared to change his system depending on who they are up against.

J6yX3P.gif

Carlton Cole gets a goal

Griffiths for 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Some nice goals from Griffiths. The Stranraer keeper done well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Some nice goals from Griffiths. The Stranraer keeper done well

Yes a young lad too only 18 and making just his third start for Stranraer so all credit to him as but for a few very good saves that was 5 or 6 goal mauling.
    Solid all round perforamnce on a difficult surface. Simunovic looked very good again for me and I really liked his attitude to the game from the off. Made a very good pass to McGregor in the build up for the first goal as well. Johansen looked much more like his old busy self in midfield and Griffiths up top was superb. Bailly in goal had only 1 save and very little to do but I do have to say his distribution from his feet on a poor surface was very good which helped in our ability to play out of the back.

Interesting draw for us with the last 16 in the cup seeing us away against non league East Kilbride or Lothian Thistle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/35311478

Agreement in place for Stokes to go to Dundee Utd but not finalised yet.

Personally I am hoping he goes to Hibernian and has a good second half of the season and helps them win the championship and gain promotion. One way or another it is a dead cert he will be off on loan for the rest of the season in the next week or so.

STV News reported that he is looking to join an English Championship side

Finished 1-4 to Celtic. Good performance from Celtic overall with Griffiths bagging 2 to reach 51 goals. Commons and Simunovic got the other 2 goals.

DU were very poor it has to be said and should have had a penalty with Forrest's handball. Mj do you Commons had a valid goal chalked off for offside also so Madden was poor all round.

Some nice quick and crisp passing tonight which was great to see. Rogic has done brilliantly of late and Ambrose seems to be turning a corner as well.

Really enjoyed that game tonight. I wondered given it was a cold Friday night and how bad Dundee United have been all season what the home crowd would be like but credit to both their supporters and ours who made a good atmosphere.
    Lots of really good attacking football to enjoy as well and what a goal from Commons. Stunning strike after great work in the build up from Armstrong and Rogic. Griffiths once again showed just how vital he is to the team and all in all a good performance.

Confirmed as well today that Stokes is off to Hibernian on loan for the rest of the season. Hopefully he can do really well for them the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ridiculous that he didnt go to ICT. The chap just wants an easy life.

Personally I am happy he went to Hibernian as given he played there before and did very well he should be able to settle in quickly and hopefully get his match fitness back quickly. The ideal would be for him to come back to Celtic in the summer after getting himself fully fit and sharp over this final 4 months of the season and really be ready to go full pelt come pre-season training.

Celtic confirm signing of Danish international defender Erik Sviatchenko:
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/9904

Looks like a good bit of business on paper anyway. If he's any good on the park, that's Boyata down the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Does anyone know if Celtic are doing anything to commemorate the rising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Does anyone know if Celtic are doing anything to commemorate the rising?

Politics has no place in football.

Unless Poppies... Poppies are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Politics has no place in football.

Unless Poppies... Poppies are fine.

And cannons, don't forget cannons

As for Stokes, couldn't care less where he goes, it won't make the blindest bit of difference to us anyway. He's made his bed, can't ever see him being anything other than a bit-part player for Celtic in the future - even if that.

So much potential wasted by his own doing.

Emphatic 8-1 win last night!

Emphatic 8-1 win last night!

and what a joy it was to watch. Fluid passing and movement with tremendous pace in how we moved the ball and we scored pretty much every type of goal. Superb performances all over the park. McGregor was given man of the match which says it all about how many good performances there were when Griffiths gets a hat trick and isn't man of the match. I have to say as well as crazy as it seems but none of the goals were keeper errors and in fact if it wasn't for their keeper playing so well we could easily have scored another 4 or 5.

3 up after 9 minutes and you know you're going to get a game where the players can relax, pass the ball about with confidence and score a few more without even trying too hard. Lovely to watch when we play like that. Hamilton keeper did well enough as stated above, the result certainly wasn't his fault.

Nice confidence booster and nice for Griffiths to get another few goals. Lots of nice goals to pick from but I loved Bitton's goal, makes it look so easy.

3 up after 9 minutes and you know you're going to get a game where the players can relax, pass the ball about with confidence and score a few more without even trying too hard. Lovely to watch when we play like that. Hamilton keeper did well enough as stated above, the result certainly wasn't his fault.

Nice confidence booster and nice for Griffiths to get another few goals. Lots of nice goals to pick from but I loved Bitton's goal, makes it look so easy.

3-1 win today with GMS getting 2 and Armstrong getting the other

https://vid.me/vqXM 1-0
    https://vid.me/MJZP 1-1
    https://vid.me/vq1M 2-1
    https://vid.me/61tg 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Currently 1-1 with ross county

Efe Ambrose is such a bonehead!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Efe Ambrose is such a bonehead!

Yet another stupid mistake in a big game. This fella needs to go.

• Advertisement

Yet another stupid mistake in a big game. This fella needs to go.

Watch Deila defend him again after the game

Why am I not surprised- celts 1 down

Should have been a free out. Gordon was being held.

Thomson is losing the run of himself, again!

Ffs

That Celtic team wont come back from that.

What headlines will this provoke? Hard to beat "super caley go ballistic "...
    But Celtic ARE atrocious...

Tho tbf ross county are making the most of the situation

damian139 wrote: »
    What headlines will this provoke? Hard to beat "super caley go ballistic "...
    But Celtic ARE atrocious...

A scientific paper should be commissioned to find out what exactly is between Ambroses ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

It's a real struggle watching Celtic now, we're awful. Ambrose costing us again, lack of ideas going forward.

A few decent wins in the league over the last couple of weeks doeant hide the fact we are getting worse under Delia

Thats a ridiculous decision tbh

Good save

Ross County will not be beaten today

A scientific paper should be commissioned to find out what exactly is between Ambroses ears.

I suspect the Hubble telescope would struggle...

Congrats to ross county

Fair play to Ross County. A good win for them. The final will be a good one with 2 Celtic players involved 😅

Deila should go, as he should have after Europe this season. And please take Ambrose and Ciftci - who is possibly the worse striker I've ever seen play for the Hoops - with you.

• Advertisement

Deila should go, as he should have after Europe this season. And please take Ambrose and Ciftci - who is possibly the worse striker I've ever seen play for the Hoops - with you.

Lawwell looks at the bottom line and the conditions for his own bonus and will keep Deila there.

Backing Ambrose and then today happening as everyone knew it could happen should be enough to sack him. Deila doesnt have what it takes, unfortunately.

Lawwell looks at the bottom line and the conditions for his own bonus and will keep Deila there.

Backing Ambrose and then today happening as everyone knew it could happen should be enough to sack him. Deila doesnt have what it takes, unfortunately.

Deila's on about 400k a year I believe. Lawwell is on more than a million sterling. I think a club of Celtic's size and wealth could afford a manager that would command a 1m sterling salary.

I think it is short term, blinkard, bottom line thinking that means Deila will remain in charge despite it being obvious that he's not up to the task. He won't walk away, why would he? The club is not being well served by the board right now, not punching our weight as a club at all.

I hope they see the sense of getting rid of Deila sooner rather than later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Delia needs to be cut lose.
    But in a world were balance sheets are more important than what actually happens on the pitch only means that the budget to replace dictates the next numbty will be just as clueless.

Honest question folks, do you think Lawwell going would make any difference? Let's face it, the board will always be there to run the club like a business - and in my view, they've done a good job in very difficult circumstances. I guess there is always a straw that breaks the camel's back with regard to a manager's performance, but equally the right time to sack a manager has to be picked.

For me, abject failure in Europe for a second season was that straw, for others yesterday was that straw, maybe the board have the league and one cup as the minimum requirement.... who knows. All I do know is that I'm pretty certain it would make no difference if Lawwell wasn't there and someone else was.

Celtic sign 18 year old winger Patrick Roberts on loan from Man City:
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/9975
    CELTIC are delighted to confirm the signing of Patrick Roberts who has joined the Hoops on an 18-month loan deal from Manchester City.

Patrick was originally at Fulham before signing for Manchester City in a £12million deal in July 2015, and he has already played for the City first-team.

The 18-year-old winger has now joined the Scottish champions, aiming to play his part for the club over the next 18 months, and everyone at the club welcomes Patrick to Celtic.

Interesting loan deal, £12 million is serious wonga even for City to be spending on such a young player, they must see something in the lad. Might just be what we need - if young Tierney is anything to go by, these young lads at least have a hunger about them that we desperately need at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement