Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think the club have a man thats too passive. He had good ideas but he doesnt have it to maintain those standards and they have dropped dramatically. Too protective of players for the wrong reasons aswell.

Celtic need a manager like Neil Lennon, an interim manager that lost to ross county but won the full time manager role because he ripped into the team and everything around it in an excellent and well measured post match interview.

Im not asking for Lennon to come back but he asked all the right questions of his players and the boardroom and did it publicly aswell as privately. Deila is publicly defending the mistakes of Ambrose so he cannot be asking the right questions of anyone with that mindset.

If you are looking for a name drop, i said Jackie McNamara when Lennon left and i still think it. He failed at Dundee United when the board sold his success, i think his skillset would get more from that squad than Deila is doing.

Robbie Neilsen is doing a fine job but his previous connections to hearts is helping him. He knows that club inside out, like Lennon at Celtic. Hamiltion from Norwich??

Honestly regading Deila, he screams assistant manager.
    I liked McNamara aswell in my passing observing of the league, sorry Neil who went from Hamilton to Norwich :o, clearly need to pay more attention.
    How would ye feel about Big Mick taking over :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

astonaidan wrote: »
    Honestly regading Deila, he screams assistant manager.
    I liked McNamara aswell in my passing observing of the league, sorry Neil who went from Hamilton to Norwich :o, clearly need to pay more attention.
    How would ye feel about Big Mick taking over :cool:

A few years back i wouldn't have wanted Mick, but now with this clown Deila in charge I'd definitely take him. He'd get more out of the players. With Deila it's just going from bad to worse, he's totally out of his depth. He won't want to resign but I wonder privately does he hope the board will put him out of his misery. It's bordering on negligence to leave him in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2-0 against East Kilbride, at least we are into the Quarters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

2-0 against East Kilbride, at least we are into the Quarters

Hopefully we get a home draw in tomorrows draw otherwise I am not really bothered who we get.

Well we did get the home draw I was hoping for eventually. But not before the joke that the SFA is botched the draw up and had to redo the original one. Unreal how incompetent these SFA clowns are and I think I am being generous there really.
    Anyway Morton at home at the start of March in the Quarter-Finals it is. A good home draw for us I think.

• Advertisement

1-0 at HT Griffiths with the goal
    https://vid.me/1OPA

Griffiths earlier miss
    https://vid.me/v3rJ

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was over today for this. Very uninspiring performance, esp first half. Made very heavy work of it. Atmosphere brutal except for GB. Had they not been there it would be like a half empty library.

Hard to judge on TV but it really is the worst I have ever seen CP in terms of atmosphere, and it is directly as a result of the poor football. Fans just aren't bothered by it. Sad to see tbh.

GMS was dire today. Griffiths motm but damning with faint praise really. Tierney solid as per usual. Boyata very casual at the back, almost got us into trouble. Nice goal though in fairness. Team so sloppy overall though, constantly losing the ball in the final third and not picking out opportune passes. I sincerely hope Deila is gone by the end of the season at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Aberdeen bottle it again tonight, beaten 3-1 by ICT.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RoryMac wrote: »
    Aberdeen bottle it again tonight, beaten 3-1 by ICT.

Mixed feelings about it, would be good in a way to see them continue to put pressure on us, for our own good.

But they are full of sh1te, nice to see them bottle it after all the fluff talk from Logan. :pac:

• Advertisement

More of a grinding things out win Saturday overall. I was particuarly pleased to see us look a lot more solid defensively. Ross Country never really troubled us at all apart from 2 long range efforts. We had a few spells ourselves where we created a few good chances so a deserved win. Coupled with Aberdeens loss that ended up being a good weekend for us.

I see Patrick Roberts got another run out with the development squad and scored twice. Hopefully we will see him at least make the bench next weekend when its our turn to play Inverness. I still have not seen him play yet but he seems to be an exciting attacking player so I am looking forward to getting my first glimpse of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nobody in Scotland has the mental strength to challenge Celtic properly no matter how many opportunities they give them. Well able to talk dung in the papers though.

Celtic 2-0 ICT

GMS
    https://vid.me/cdKXand

Griffiths
    https://vid.me/0QnW

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

Might as well add the third goal.

https://streamable.com/o5b1

Very much a game of 2 halfs. We were very poor in the first half and much better in the second half. Credit to Inverness they pressed the ball well in the first half but even allowing for that our passing accuracy was just dreadful in the first half. The second half was much better as we finally started to pass the ball well and the longer the half wore on we got better. The turning point though no question was Gordon's big save early in the second half making up big time for his flap in the first half. Mackay-Steven scored just a couple of minutes later and from there we controlled the game more and more. Special praise for me to Kieran Tierney. He fully deserved the man of the match award. Also I thought Scott Allen when he came on for the last 30 minutes or so made a big difference. He looked very good for me not just with his passing accuracy but he was very incisive every chance he got in or around the box. A nice cameo from Roberts in the final 10 minutes as well. Most crucially we took full advantage of the game in hand to open that 6 point gap up at the top of the table.

You talk like there is someone actually challenging Celtic. There isnt. Anytime Abderdeen get within firing distance of Celtic, they miss and its spectacular. This is not lost on Celtic, they know they can do the bare minimum and they have a medal. Its a far cry from Celtic teams that won and lost under the pressure to succeed. I've more respect for the teams that landed short whilst giving it all than the current squad.

Sad but true

Dempsey wrote: »
    You talk like there is someone actually challenging Celtic. There isnt. Anytime Abderdeen get within firing distance of Celtic, they miss and its spectacular. This is not lost on Celtic, they know they can do the bare minimum and they have a medal. Its a far cry from Celtic teams that won and lost under the pressure to succeed. I've more respect for the teams that landed short whilst giving it all than the current squad.

Sad but true

I think he's applying for a job with the Celtic View or maybe he thinks he can get a job penning stuff for the official website, who knows.

The team are winning again comfortably and will win the league comfortably. However anytime they come under pressure they tend to falter. When they went a goal down to Aberdeen they didn't look like they believed they'd get back into it. They might come under pressure in a Cup match in the semi final or the Final. If and when that happens i wouldn't bet on them to come through, just as I wouldn't bet on Deila getting us through the qualifiers next summer. I would usually be optimistic about a Celtic team's chances in any game, sometimes merely based on nothing other than with green tinted glasses. Ronny Deila has killed a lot of the optimism around the place. We have some decent players ironically, anytime I've seen Allan he looks a useful player, but as has been said we need someone better as manager to get the most out of them.

Forrest rejects a new 4 year deal, he has disappointed over the last while so probably no great loss. I am surprised the club offered 4 years though

Forrest rejects a new 4 year deal, he has disappointed over the last while so probably no great loss. I am surprised the club offered 4 years though

He never really lived up to his potential, a lot due to injuries but his decision making on the ball never improved and aside from pace there's not much to his game.

Surprised by the 4 year offer myself but he seems to be a player the managers have a lot of faith in.

Can't see teams knocking his door down to get him signed

Injuries over the years always seemed to stunt his growth. Still a very good player on his day and personally I would have been happy to have seen him resigned. But we do have a lot of wide attacking players at the moment in the squad so it is not like we need to sign a replacement. His contract actually runs until December so assuming we sell him in the summer we will likely get some kind of small fee for him rather then him leaving completely on a free.

• Advertisement

Celtic 1-0 up at HT, Griffiths peno. However, Craig Thompson wrongly sends off Boyata for a last man tackle when Boyata gets the ball

Z6wxg8.gif

Finished 1-1, Griffiths missed a penalty in the 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Jaysis we can't even beat Hamilton accies now

Anytime this Celtic team gets thrown a curve ball, they always miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Deila must go. No plan B and the players we actually have are playing within themselves.

Can't believe Delia said that Boyata deserved to get sent off!

He's spineless.

Finished 1-1, Griffiths missed a penalty in the 2nd half

Very dissapointing as we actually had more and much better chances when we went down to 10 men. We had already missed 2 great changes before the PK miss to make it 2-0.

I was very surprised to see that as well although he has now said having seen it again he thinks it was a mistake and Celtic are appealing the red card.

• Advertisement

Another shocking performance tonight, Delia has the team playing well below their level.

An absolutely dismal performance tonight. At no point at all during the game did we ever get going. There was no drive and pace to our game. We never once looked like the game meant something to us. Dreadful performance both from the players and from management.

eire4 wrote: »
    An absolutely dismal performance tonight. At no point at all during the game did we ever get going. There was no drive and pace to our game. We never once looked like the game meant something to us. Dreadful performance both from the players and from management.

Ah but Deila is definitely improving us though, isn't he?? Just needs time, eh??

Surely there's no-one, absolutely no-one left in the Celtic support that believe Deila has a future as Celtic manager. It'd be best for all concerned for him to leave as soon as possible.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Surely there's no-one, absolutely no-one left in the Celtic support that believe Deila has a future as Celtic manager. It'd be best for all concerned for him to leave as soon as possible.

He just delayed the P45 with today's result.

Anyone who still wants him as manager needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Rangers in the cup semi final, should be interesting

• Advertisement

A Rangers in the semi will focus minds. Despite the problems with Deila we have far superior players than them and will blow them away.

Should help to focus players on their general form and get over the line in the league as well.

A Rangers in the semi will focus minds. Despite the problems with Deila we have far superior players than them and will blow them away.

Should help to focus players on their general form and get over the line in the league as well.
    I've seen nothing of Rangers since we last played them in the cup but they are in a great run of form at the minute so they'll give us a good test.

The worrying thing is that we're relying on the players to get focused on this game as I don't think Delia & his staff are capable of getting the team ready for any test at present.

As pointed out by others on here in the last few weeks we seem to fail each time we have a testing game and I expect the Rangers game will be a decent test.

A lot can change between now and the game but if the game was to happen next week I'd be very worried we'd be on the wrong side of the result

RoryMac wrote: »
    I've seen nothing of Rangers since we last played them in the cup but they are in a great run of form at the minute so they'll give us a good test.

The worrying thing is that we're relying on the players to get focused on this game as I don't think Delia & his staff are capable of getting the team ready for any test at present.

As pointed out by others on here in the last few weeks we seem to fail each time we have a testing game and I expect the Rangers game will be a decent test.

A lot can change between now and the game but if the game was to happen next week I'd be very worried we'd be on the wrong side of the result

I suppose I should have said we "should" blow them away rather than we will blow them away. As you say under Deila when we come under pressure we tend to buckle a lot of the time. I have no idea what they're like, never watch them, but we have some good players and if we perform to our ability we will win.

I suppose I should have said we "should" blow them away rather than we will blow them away. As you say under Deila when we come under pressure we tend to buckle a lot of the time. I have no idea what they're like, never watch them, but we have some good players and if we perform to our ability we will win.

Actual date (Sat 16th or Sun 17th) & time for the Old Firm hasn't been announced yet it seems.

I would be shocked if this game is not a Sunday lunch time KO.

• Advertisement

Yes. I think they were both 12.15 KOs last season on a Sat & Sun.

Semi final is on Saturday April 16 3pm kick off. Think that's a provisional time I think, probably be a lunch time kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

CL last 16 tonight, wolfsberg v Ghent. We should realistically be competing with that level of club, instead we're struggling in the SPL. A season wasted, we've gone backwards in Europe and domestic clubs don't fear a visit to the east end

Semi final is on Saturday April 16 3pm kick off. Think that's a provisional time I think, probably be a lunch time kick off.

Yeah. BBC fixtures is provisionally listing it for 3pm on the Sat. Nothing on Celtic's own site past the 9th April. Don't why it's taking so long for a time to be confirmed.

Moved to the Sunday. Midday KO.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35789007

Moved to the Sunday. Midday KO.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35789007

and there we go exactly what I knew it was going to be all along. Lunch time KO on the Sunday.

On another note we have a very very important Glasgow derby to play tomorrow. I hear that the Celtic ticket allocation is sold out so hopefully we will have a really good atmosphere getting behind the team. We need a real statement performance as well as 3 points I feel tomorrow.

Well that turned about to be a lot more nerve racking at the end then it needed to be although that PK call was soft to say the least. Decent second half performance though overall and fully deserved the 3 vital points. Biggest plus for me aside from Griffiths continuing on his amazing goal scoring run was the composed display of Mulgrew at center back. I think for now its important that Mulgrew and Sviatchenko are started together at center back to allow them time to gel as they have looked quite solid together and that for me has always been the biggest weakness in our team this season the center back situation. I know Simunovic is back in training which is great news and I would imagine he would likely be available fairly soon but I would keep playing Mulgrew and Sviatchenko together for now.

Jesus this is hard to watch, again absolutely clueless performance especially going forward.

Could well be behind Aberdeen by the end of the day, the board should've cut Delia loose months ago instead of risking he had enough to get us over the line because it's looking pretty uncertain now

Cracking goal from Rogic to save our blushes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement