Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Dempsey wrote: »
    Jack Aitchison, youngest ever Celt and Youngest ever goalscorer within 3 minutes of being on the field :pac:

I think it might have even been his first touch of the ball. Either way what an amazing end to what was truly a magical day in paradise.

I wish Ronny success in what he does after this, it is such a pity that it did not work out as I liked the way he handled himself over the 2 years

I totally agree. A pity it didn't work out as well as it looked like it might after the end of his first season. But he kept his head and showed real class as a person towards the end there. Great to see him sent off with such a stunning display and an amazing way to end the season with such a high like that and so many firsts with Tierney and Christie getting their first ever top team goals as well as the amazing goal scoring debut for Aichison and the emotional what would seem to be send off for Izzy who has been such a loyal and excellent player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Id be happy getting Rodgers.
    Just hope there's no truth in the Keane rumours.

I wouldnt, Celtic fans never took kindly to spoofers in press conferences and he's one of the worst offenders in football management for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Wouldn't fancy either without a budget

Brendan Rodgers has got the job. Decent manager but nothing spectacular. A manager that fits in with Celtic's transfer policy probably the key point for the Board.

Not looking forward to listening to him drone on in press conferences talking absolute shíte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/733691152373809152

Rodgers given the gig on a 12 month rolling contract.

I've never been excited about a managerial appointment apart from when MON got the job. And I'm not saying I'm even remotely feeling the same with this one, but it does at least feel like a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Brendan Rodgers has got the job. Decent manager but nothing spectacular. A manager that fits in with Celtic's transfer policy probably the key point for the Board.

Not looking forward to listening to him drone on in press conferences talking absolute shíte

I'm happy with Rodgers, yeah he goes on a bit but has a good record and is at the upper scale of manager profile I thought capable of attracting. I can't imagine he will be a board yes man and would imagine he has been promised a decent budget for players which is certainly a step in the right direction.

I thought Keane was nailed on for the job when Delia announced he was leaving so for that alone I'm glad

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Pleasantly surprised tbh, didn't think they'd get Rodgers and thought we'd end up with Keane. I think he's a very good fit for Celtic and will have the distinct advantage over Deila having managed at the top level in Britain.

Hope the board can follow this up with some solid signings.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I'm happy with Rodgers, yeah he goes on a bit but has a good record and is at the upper scale of manager profile I thought capable of attracting. I can't imagine he will be a board yes man and would imagine he has been promised a decent budget for players which is certainly a step in the right direction.

I thought Keane was nailed on for the job when Delia announced he was leaving so for that alone I'm glad

I didnt say a board yes man but he will be putting a positive spin on everything that happens. Fans wont know when he's been frustrated by the board or sold short by them so he will appear to be like a yes man for them until the bitter end.

In fairness, I think Deila has left a good squad but its underperforming. He needs to add aggression & defensive discipline to the players that are there, no reason he cant, and for the love of god sort out the striker problem.

The likes of Cole, Kazim Richards, Cifci, Ambrose, Scepovic & Stokes can all be shown the door. Dont know who'd take them though

I didnt say a board yes man but he will be putting a positive spin on everything that happens. Fans wont know when he's been frustrated by the board or sold short by them so he will appear to be like a yes man for them until the bitter end.

In fairness, I think Deila has left a good squad but its underperforming. He needs to add aggression & defensive discipline to the players that are there, no reason he cant, and for the love of god sort out the striker problem.

The likes of Cole, Kazim Richards, Cifci, Ambrose, Scepovic & Stokes can all be shown the door. Dont know who'd take them though

Yeah I'd agree with you there, our squad isn't too bad and can definitely perform well above the level Delia had them at.

If we can get a decent striker in & a partner for Sviatchenko we'd be in a good place.

The board are going to have to stump up some cash as we don't have a player we can sell for a good fee at the minute in the way McGeady's sale kick-started Lennon's time in charge.

Good to see the deal being done early either way & he can get started with the job, as we say every year we need to get some business done early rather than waiting to see how the CL qualification goes before signing players

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Hope the board can follow this up with some solid signings.

Well that'll be the true marker of intention from the board... A step in the right direction manager wise is all well and good... But a similar intention has to be shown on the pitch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Interesting times.

I wonder will Rodgers look to sign some Liverpool players on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Surprised that they got Rodgers, onwards and upwards as they say. Interesting to see how he tackles the up and coming friendlies

mikeym wrote: »
    Interesting times.

I wonder will Rodgers look to sign some Liverpool players on loan?

I hope not, very inconsistent performers. Celtic need players that show up every match.

When Brendan Rodgers name was coming up prominently in terms of getting the Celtic job I must say I never thought we would be able to get him. But very happy to be wrong on this one. I think he is a great fit and a genuine high profile manager who commands respect at the top level of the game which is exactly what we needed and someone who genuinely is one of us not just someone who had a Celtic subuteo team when he was a napper. Hopefully this appointment will go hand in hand with a change away from an austerity budget run first team as well.

Seats removed for the safe standing area, it's taking shape

celtic.jpg

Seats removed for the safe standing area, it's taking shape

celtic.jpg

The fans that get that section better not fcuk it up. Such a drama to get things to this point. The future of safe standing in scotland is down to them.

The fans that get that section better not fcuk it up. Such a drama to get things to this point. The future of safe standing in scotland is down to them.

Essentially it's been 95% the green brigade that got it through... As far as I hear, they've agreed to be relocated to the front of the lower tier as opposed to the back of it.... I assume that's the clubs/stewards/police way of keeping tabs on them easier.
    I hope it doesn't sanitise them... In the long run, it may well do.

Haven't been over for a few years now... But I'm eager to get to see a game from the standing section. I always enjoyed getting a seat near a back wall or a rail where I could stand without being told to sit down.

EDIT... Reading back, I know the Green Brigade didn't "get it through".... But their presence and whatnot was what pushed the necessity to explore the option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Press conference with Rodgers at 4 today, think it's on SSN and available on youtube here, show starts at 3.30

The most exciting appointment since Martin O'Neill for me. That last performance of the season and now Brendan Rodgers coming in has me really excited. I hear that the players will be coming back early to pre-season on June 20th. Will be really interesting to see what happens with the squad. I have a feeling we will see quite a large number of departures this summer and a smaller number but hopefully more exciting group of players coming in.

• Advertisement

Well the excitment is sure translating into season ticket sales. The upper section of the Lisbon Lions stand has now been opened for season ticket sales. Very impressive and welcomed news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Celtic now have more season ticket holders than Ibrox has seats. Rodgers must be nearly paying for himself.

Celtic now have more season ticket holders than Ibrox has seats. Rodgers must be nearly paying for himself.

Great to see the fans getting behind Rodgers & the timing of his appointment and the introduction of the safe standing area should mean a great atmosphere at the games.

Still alot for him & the club to do to build on this with CL qualifiers coming around so quickly. It'll be interesting to see the type of signings he can bring in but at least there's been some movement on getting rid of players not in his plans.

Colin Kazim-Richards confirmed as leaving and joining Coritiba in Brazil. Anybody know what kind of fee we got for him as he was signed on a 2.5 year deal by us so we should have got some kind of a fee.

Anthony Stokes is on to pastures new as well. In the Dubliners case it is a free transfer as Celtic decided not to take up the option of another year on his contract so he was released on a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

eire4 wrote: »
    Colin Kazim-Richards confirmed as leaving and joining Coritiba in Brazil. Anybody know what kind of fee we got for him as he was signed on a 2.5 year deal by us so we should have got some kind of a fee.

Anthony Stokes is on to pastures new as well. In the Dubliners case it is a free transfer as Celtic decided not to take up the option of another year on his contract so he was released on a free.

There would have been no fee for Kazim Kazim, it was a good faith deal

There would have been no fee for Kazim Kazim, it was a good faith deal

But Kazim-Richards was under contract with us so there should have been some kind of fee involved for his transfer I would have thought. Anybody know for sure one way or another.

But Kazim-Richards was under contract with us so there should have been some kind of fee involved for his transfer I would have thought. Anybody know for sure one way or another.

Put it this way, he was under contract when Celtic signed him on a free. Celtic are happy to be saving on his wages, money saved

Put it this way, he was under contract when Celtic signed him on a free. Celtic are happy to be saving on his wages, money saved

Ahhh ok I get it now. Thanks for explaining. I see a deal was done today as well to release Carlton Cole. I imagine we are probably trying to sell Scepovic as well although Getafe don't have to buy him now as the clause in our loan deal with them doesn't apply now that they have been relegated.

Ahhh ok I get it now. Thanks for explaining. I see a deal was done today as well to release Carlton Cole. I imagine we are probably trying to sell Scepovic as well although Getafe don't have to buy him now as the clause in our loan deal with them doesn't apply now that they have been relegated.

Looking forward to seeing what Rogers has planned for the team tbh. Hopefully bringing in players like Cole wont happen again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

celtic leading the way. cant wait for season opener

Looking forward to seeing what Rogers has planned for the team tbh. Hopefully bringing in players like Cole wont happen again

I agree. Hopefully Rodgers has control of who comes in and who goes out and is given the ability to build his own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

We got tallinn of Estonia or Lincoln from Gibraltar in second qualifying draw. Should be straight forward.

Badabing wrote: »
    We got tallinn of Estonia or Lincoln from Gibraltar in second qualifying draw. Should be straight forward.

Should be but I see Tallinn are mid-season so they may have the edge in terms of match-fitness.

Should be but I see Tallinn are mid-season so they may have the edge in terms of match-fitness.

Was surprised to read that the Gibraltar side gave Svaitchenko's old side a decent run for their money last season so maybe not a done deal that we will be heading to Estonia.

Excellent first signing from Rodgers :)
    France Under-20 striker Moussa Dembele has signed a four-year contract with Scottish champions Celtic, who have allowed forward Stefan Scepovic to sign for Getafe on a permanent basis.

Dembele was out of contract at Fulham, who will be due a development fee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36652940

• Advertisement

Excellent first signing from Rodgers :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36652940

Looks to be a very good signing, at last a striker bought who can score goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Amazing Celtic got his signature.

Im more impressed that they managed to flog Scepovic!

Alot of poor players have left which is a good thing. Is Tiesto still on the books?

Im more impressed that they managed to flog Scepovic!

Alot of poor players have left which is a good thing. Is Tiesto still on the books?

I think he's still there alright, has to be the last year of his contact now surely?

Just googled him there, he was released in April! A very good clear out so far

Ciftci & Ambrose can leave if decent offers come in.

Izaguirre & Mulgrew are likely to leave the club for different reasons. Potential to be a large turnover of players this summer. I hope those players dont leave until Rodgers has gotten a few games under his belt. Experience in the UCL qualifiers is important

• Advertisement

Just googled him there, he was released in April! A very good clear out so far

Ciftci & Ambrose can leave if decent offers come in.

Izaguirre & Mulgrew are likely to leave the club for different reasons. Potential to be a large turnover of players this summer. I hope those players dont leave until Rodgers has gotten a few games under his belt. Experience in the UCL qualifiers is important

I thought Mulgrew was about to be offered a deal.

He'd be handy to have around for the qualifiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

First pre season game tomorrow, interesting to see how the team plays and the system Rodgers will use. Not long to get it right tho especially if more players coming in before European qualifiers.

I thought Mulgrew was about to be offered a deal.

He'd be handy to have around for the qualifiers

It looks like he's getting a take it or leave it type deal so he could turn it down. Injuries have weakened his hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

excellent first signing by BR.... future is looking bright. plenty of good young talent about the place

Going by the Belgium vs Wales game Deneyer has gone backwards since his time with us, having a bit of a shocker

He had a shocker but it was in a much changed back line that are organized on a level like England.

This euros has highlighted the players that have lost their edge because they are money driven.

Rumours (take with a pinch of salt I suppose) are that we are looking at Scott Sinclair.
    Wouldn't be a bad shout depending on the money.

Rumours (take with a pinch of salt I suppose) are that we are looking at Scott Sinclair.
    Wouldn't be a bad shout depending on the money.

Could be a good signing, a player Rodgers knows well & someone that played his best football under him.

Rumours are we made a 2 mil bid Villa were looking for closer to 6. For in the.region of 3 wouldn't be too bad as we do lack a bit of quality in wide positions

Amazing Celtic got his signature.

It is an impressive signing by the looks of things for sure. Getting 1m for Scepovic and getting him off the books is good as well.

We have signed a young 17 year old striker from Dunfermline as well PJ Crossan for a development fee of 130,000. Obviously one for the future and will go into the development team first I imagine.

Champs Lge qualifiers and an embarrassing performance from Celtic, some things never change

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement