Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Alarms bells were ringing for me over the last couple of weeks when Rodgers failed to punt that numpty Ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Surely there's even a youth player who we could stick in ahead of Ambrose. He is absolutely atrocious. Nowhere near the standard required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has he been given any funds to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Is that our worst ever defeat?

Shocking performance & leaving Roberts on the bench when we were crying out for some quality out wide. Disappointing to see Rodgers go with guys like Ambrose & Forrest when it's been obvious they aren't good enough

I am going to do a Total Recall and erase my memory of that game

celtic.jpg

celtic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Rodgers tries to put a positive spin on that. He can pick up his P45 in the morning. The players should be fined for incomptence and read the riot act.

Inept performance. Passing for passing sake in areas of the field that were never going to hurt any team. Considering the experience in that team, the naivety and braindeadness of the midfield was really shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RoryMac wrote: »
    Champs Lge qualifiers and an embarrassing performance from Celtic, some things never change

Strachans first game sticks out.

5 nill loss at Bratislava.

Did Mowbary have a nasty start too?

Yeah sums it up well, far too early to judge Rodgers but that was the worst Celtic performance I've seen since Strachan's first game in charge.

Defeats can happen but the players looked completely lost and didn't seem to have a plan A never mind B and it worse than anything under Delia which is saying something

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Strachans first game sticks out.

5 nill loss at Bratislava.

Did Mowbary have a nasty start too?

Mowbray had a relatively good start in Europe. Won away in Russia if i remember correctly aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That's a shocking start for Rodgers. Anyone know what odds Red Imps were to win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's a shocking start for Rodgers. Anyone know what odds Red Imps were to win?

40/1 "John Hartson"

40-1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Full Time Policeman scored the winner

That comment from Rodgers is more embarrassing than the result.

Bring back Deila, all is forgiven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Dunno for sure.... I do know Celtic were 1/12 on..... How do I know exactly?... Because my bank balance is now €2400 less than it was this morning.

Fúck me!

Crazy comment from Rodgers, could find the fan support quickly turn against him if he tries to bullsh!t the fans.

Need Ambrose & Brown gone from the team as a first step, guys like Forrest & Ciftci aren't good enough either.

Why was Roberts left on the bench when along with Tierney they were out only decent performers in the 2nd half of last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just saw the result. Christ. Did anyone see the game? How did Celtic play under Rodgers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Full Time Policeman scored the winner

An arresting result then!

/I'll get my coat :pac:

blueser wrote: »
    Just saw the result. Christ. Did anyone see the game? How did Celtic play under Rodgers?

They showed character

Unless Celtic hammer them in the second leg he will be gone soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought he would be a good appointment for Celtic but that's a truly woeful start he's made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno for sure.... I do know Celtic were 1/12 on..... How do I know exactly?... Because my bank balance is now €2400 less than it was this morning.

Fúck me!
    Please say for your own sake you're only joking. Having said that if you can afford to bet that you probably don't mind too much and I should probably be jealous of you rather than feeling bad for you :D

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    They showed character

Unless Celtic hammer them in the second leg he will be gone soon enough
    Would it be wrong to say that's an outstanding reply?
    ;)

CSF wrote: »
    Please say for your own sake you're only joking. Having said that if you can afford to bet that you probably don't mind too much and I should probably be jealous of you rather than feeling bad for you :D

Anyone who bets on Celtic in European qualifiers has more money than sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

blueser wrote: »

It was TV, Celtic had all the ball but Lincoln had the better chances, Celtic did hit the bar a couple of times and chances cleared from the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Lincoln's left back is a taxi driver. The match was at 1pm. He was taking fares up until 11am apparently. Crazy result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lincoln's left back is a taxi driver. The match was at 1pm. He was taking fares up until 11am apparently. Crazy result!

The match was at 8pm local time 7pm Irish time

It was TV, Celtic had all the ball but Lincoln had the better chances, Celtic did hit the bar a couple of times and chances cleared from the line
    Thanks. It's hugely embarrassing for them, no matter what Rodgers says. But I can't see them not getting through. If they don't, however, I wouldn't like to be him reading the following morning's papers. Tomorrow morning's will be grim enough!

A Fare result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The match was at 8pm local time 7pm Irish time

I read that on an American website, my bad. The times I quoted were one of the US timezones.

CSF wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not joking. It's not going to cripple me, but I definitely feel it. It was from my car fund.. Sick as a pig.
    Anyone who bets on Celtic in European qualifiers has more money than sense
    Can't argue with that... I don't have a lot of money, but definitely even less sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The imps eleven by occupation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Fucking hell.

Can't argue with that... I don't have a lot of money, but definitely even less sense.

Sh!t man I presumed you were joking, that's rough.

Sh!t man I presumed you were joking, that's rough.

Put the balance of the car fund on us to beat them at Parkhead. You'll get at least some of it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Rodgers must have held up 11 envelopes in the dressing room before the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

We deserve all the ridicule we get after that result.

There's a fair bit of dead wood in that team that needs sorted.

The worst eleven professionals that we have playing their worst game ever should never lose to their best eleven having their best game ever.

A lot to be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The BR myth - busted already after one game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Apologies if this has been discussed to death already but anybody know why there are so few blocks in the Aviva on sale for Celtic Barca?

I've been waiting for the South Upper to go on sale as am bringing junior and am not paying adult price in one of the lower levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Unfortunately I'm not joking. It's not going to cripple me, but I definitely feel it. It was from my car fund.. Sick as a pig.

You bet €2,400 to win €200? :confused:

Yes.... I know. It just seemed like free money with very little risk. Stupid.
    It's a bitter pill to swallow but I'll get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Yes.... I know. It just seemed like free money with very little risk. Stupid.
    It's a bitter pill to swallow but I'll get over it.

In fairness it was the nearest a sure thing you could find. You have my sincerest sympathies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As much as I wouldn't do that myself as that's not too far off a month's salary, but I don't see how anyone could have seen that as anything other than a free 200 euro.

Standing area is now complete at Celtic Park

13679957_1241592599213976_9027553729560351774_o.jpg

• Advertisement

Very considerate of the club, make it easier for fans to walk out of performances like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Astana or Vilinus in the next round

Badabing wrote: »

Read that and thought immediately of Mark Pougach "should hart be dropped for the semis"

Although I do think we'll win comfortably on Weds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Badabing wrote: »

We have to get there first!

eire4 wrote: »
    We have to get there first!

Rodgers, the media and ex-players have immediately trotted out the line that we'll flip them at Parkhead. I'd like to know where that confidence has come from considering what was witnessed the other night and under the tenure of Deila. We should be beating them easily but remember this is a squad of players that has proven time and time again that they crack when the spanner is thrown in the works regardless of the quality of opposition.

If these player turn up expecting to win just because they are at home then they are in for abit of shock, again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement