Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dembele on for Burke v Hearts, great to get a look at him. He looks tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Decent win and good to see Johnston get 2 goals. Dembele did well when he came on, hopefully next season he'll be involved more.

Nice to see Moussa Dembele back too. Interesting words from Boyata along the lines of if the fans knew the truth he wouldn't be seen as the bad guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

RoryMac wrote: »
    Dembele did well when he came on, hopefully next season he'll be involved more.
    At 16 Karamoko Dembele has more league winners medals than a certain “Mr. Gerrard”.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dembele really added a bit of pressure in our attack, very refreshing. Think we definitely need to be bringing some of the younger lads in to the first team squad next season. Regular starts for the better young players combined with the experience of the likes of Forrest, McGregor, Brown etc.

Very noticeable how much we have just been passing the ball from left to right and back in midfield, struggling to penetrate. Could see Dembele itching to break forward. I guess the fine balance between keeping possession and being more adventurous in attack is what we need to find but we're definitely not there yet.

Real clear out needed now. Some of the loan deals have ended up being very disappointing it has to be said, Toljan and Burke in particular. Won't be the slightest bit sorry to see both gone.

I read the other week that Benkovic was a possibility for another season, is that no longer the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lennon speaks well in that press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Decent win and good to see Johnston get 2 goals. Dembele did well when he came on, hopefully next season he'll be involved more.

Nice to see Moussa Dembele back too. Interesting words from Boyata along the lines of if the fans knew the truth he wouldn't be seen as the bad guy

I didn't see that. What did Boyata say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

eire4 wrote: »

Says he's been made out to be the bad guy and if the fans knew the truth they wouldn't boo. Similar to what Moussa saying when he left

eire4 wrote: »

Boyata
    "I've been the mean guy and the bad guy but if people only know the truth that would be different.

"I spoke with the managers, if I was in a position to stay, if the team had agreed to what we wanted.

"Up until today, I still haven't got what I wanted."

What he actually means isn't clear, we were never gonna pay him 40k like hes due to earn at Herta but it is very similar to the things Dembele said when he left

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dedryck-boyata-celtic-truth-teaser-16169883

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Anyone a member of The Huddleboard? Is it down? Unable to get on since yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Anyone a member of The Huddleboard? Is it down? Unable to get on since yesterday morning

It’s up and running now has been all day.

• Advertisement

Interesting movement in the betting for Celtic managed recently. It was Lenny then it was Rafa then in the last 24 hours it was Moyes now it’s Andre Villasboas. Rafa I don’t think is realistic at all, Villasboas might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Boyata

What he actually means isn't clear, we were never gonna pay him 40k like hes due to earn at Herta but it is very similar to the things Dembele said when he left

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dedryck-boyata-celtic-truth-teaser-16169883
    He can fcuk off with comments like that - trying to act mysterious when all he is in it for is the coin. Not even a great player and won't be missed. If he (and Dembele) really had a problem they would say what it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It’s up and running now has been all day.

Ok thanks, just checked on my phone and its fine ya but its not loading for me on laptop with any browser, very strange :confused:

The Swansea manager Potter would have been a good choice, I think hes off to Brighton though.

The board have had a few months now I'd be surprised it the new manager hasn't been decided already.

The Swansea manager Potter would have been a good choice, I think hes off to Brighton though.

The board have had a few months now I'd be surprised it the new manager hasn't been decided already.

I'd expect an announcement a day or 2 after the cup final, Lennon's demeanour in the last week or 2 suggests to me he has been told he's not getting it

He can fcuk off with comments like that - trying to act mysterious when all he is in it for is the coin. Not even a great player and won't be missed. If he (and Dembele) really had a problem they would say what it was

Well with Dembele it was that he left because Rodgers went back on his word about staying. Not sure at this point what is or is not behind what Boyata is saying there.

Boyata

Thanks I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

anybody know where i can watch the game?

anybody know where i can watch the game?

It's on Eir sports 2 if.you.have that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Also on BBC One Scot HD

Enjoy today lads. A historical day that none of us will see again anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Poor call from the linesman, Édouard was on side

Johnston looking good

Not a great game so far, Hearts doing well to contain Celtic. Need a bit more pressing from our midfield.

Massive test of character for the players now

• Advertisement

Another dreadful performance again, little evidence that we can get back into this

Edit: That goal woke the Celtic players up :)

Was bound to happen playing like that. We're desperate today.

Wasn't a pen for me but Edouard slots it away for 1-1

Edouard equalises from the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hearts reverting to their kicking game now...

• Advertisement

Rogic replaced by Ntcham and Johnston replaced by Sinclair

Great finish by Edouard!!

Fantastic from Edouard

Treble treble!! Unbelievable achievement from this group of players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't watch much spl, but it must be an awful standard if that team is capable of a treble treble.

Celtic were bang average, tell me they usually play better than that.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't watch much spl, but it must be an awful standard if that team is capable of a treble treble.

Get To Falkirk

Thought Hayes done well today and Hearts scoring jolted the Celtic players in the last 30 minutes

https://twitter.com/CelticGoal/status/1132311575984058368

Be a sad day if it's Lustig's last game for us, he's not the player he was but he understands the club and you could see the emotion when he was asked the question. A little dig at Rodgers with "the manager left us at a crucial part of the season"

Brilliant Celtic and well done to Lenny coming in and completing the Treble Treble.

• Advertisement

What a day lads. Proud to see this in my lifetime. Ignore the haters, always get them crawling out of the woodwork on days like this.

Was nervous about today more than any recent cup final, and we played poorly, but as champions do we punished their mistakes.

Credit to Hearts, made it a tough summit to reach.

Onwards and upwards, huge few weeks coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Well it was fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great achievement to do the Treble Treble. I was worried for Celtic when they went a goal down as Hearts had been doing well. Bain's distribution was shocking.

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Well I hope he gets the backing he needs to rebuild the squad, can't help thinking it's a big backwards step though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Incredible acheievement despite the manager fcuking off at the business end of the season. The clown is probably still taking credit for it

The players are miles off their best but they know how to win games and that is going to be a crucial skill over the next 2 seasons

If Lennon gets decent backing from th board he will deliver 10 in a Row and more and he will get us to the Champions League Groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well I hope he gets the backing he needs to rebuild the squad, can't help thinking it's a big backwards step though

If the board had any intention of backing the manager, they wouldn't have appointed Lennon. I hope I'm proved wrong but this looks like the classic Celtic cheap option.

If the board had any intention of backing the manager, they wouldn't have appointed Lennon. I hope I'm proved wrong but this looks like the classic Celtic cheap option.

The timing of the announcement too. Fans can't give much grief while celebrating the treble treble was there thoughts I'd say. They know it's not a popular decision at all.

I'm not sure Edouard deserved a nomination tbh, he's been poor most of the season

Do you still think Edouard didn't deserve a nomination? He's probably the best football player in that league.

• Advertisement

The timing of the announcement too. Fans can't give much grief while celebrating the treble treble was there thoughts I'd say. They know it's not a popular decision at all.

It won't matter if they back him properly. He will deliver the title and CL qualification next season if they do that.

It really is in the hands of Lawwell and the board to do their jobs to make it possible for Lennon to do his.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement