Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Reputation

Options
  • 27-04-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm an international student looking for a good college to apply and although I dont need a visa most of the named colleges like TCD, UCD.. would charge me for international fees what is a rip off! The colleges I could really afford are NCI, DBS, GCD among other private ones or DIT part time(is a part time course the same as the full time but longer? would it change something on my CV whether its full time or part time?). Particularly I liked NCI but I dont know what reputation it takes, could you guys give me some advice?

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

arthurlima wrote: »
    I'm an international student looking for a good college to apply and although I dont need a visa most of the named colleges like TCD, UCD.. would charge me for international fees what is a rip off!

It's hardly a rip-off when you are paying for a decent education in some of the top universities in the country.
    arthurlima wrote: »
    The colleges I could really afford are NCI, DBS, GCD among other private ones or DIT part time(is a part time course the same as the full time but longer? would it change something on my CV whether its full time or part time?). Particularly I liked NCI but I dont know what reputation it takes, could you guys give me some advice?

If I were to offer a personal opinion, I would rate DIT first, NCI 2nd, followed by the others. Part-time vs. full-time shouldn't matter to your CV that much.

Either way, all of the above offer qualifications based on the national qualifications framework, so should, in theory, be comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm currently in NCI studying computing. I have to say, I find it a brilliant college. The classes are small in comparison to bigger colleges(Around 80 per class). It's a small enough college, so you get to know a lot of people really fast. Your class becomes like a second family, as everyone looks out for eachothers. There are two schools in the college. The school of computing and the school of computing. I don't know about business, but the school of computing as a 98% employment rate from past students. Go to NCI if you like it. You'll get a good education, and make plenty of new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 arthurlima

Thanks a lot guys!!

Advertisement