Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC FOR FSX

Options
  • 27-04-2015 4:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,
    after simming away on a 2009 PC for awhile now, I`ve developed a much more serious interest in FSX. My current specs are listed below. I'm looking for a new PC which will hopefully improve the experience.
    Current Specs:
    Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
    6gb RAM DDR3 1333mhz
    Intel Pentium E5500 2.8ghz
    ATI Radeon HD4350

I have been having a look at the PCS on custompcs.ie, has anyone bought from this place?
    The current PC I am looking at comes to a total of 658.00 euro. Here are the specs:
    AMD FX4350 4.20Ghz
    4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Asus M5A97 PLUS
    1TB SEAGATE 3.5" HDD
    22X DVD Rewriter
    AMD FACTORY HEATSINK & FAN
    RADEON R7 250 2GB
    500 Watt 80+ A/PFC PSU
    BRONZE CERTIFIED

Please tell me what you think. Is it worth the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Hi all,
    after simming away on a 2009 PC for awhile now, I`ve developed a much more serious interest in FSX. My current specs are listed below. I'm looking for a new PC which will hopefully improve the experience.
    Current Specs:
    6gb RAM DDR3 1333mhz
    Intel Pentium E5500 2.8ghz
    ATI Radeon HD4350

I have been having a look at the PCS on custompcs.ie, has anyone bought from this place?
    The current PC I am looking at comes to a total of 658.00 euro. Here are the specs:
    AMD FX4350 4.20Ghz
    4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    Asus M5A97 PLUS
    1TB SEAGATE 3.5" HDD
    22X DVD Rewriter
    AMD FACTORY HEATSINK & FAN
    RADEON R7 250 2GB
    500 Watt 80+ A/PFC PSU
    BRONZE CERTIFIED

Please tell me what you think. Is it worth the money?

I'm sure it would be a decent machine but it probably wont be optimum for FSX. Intel and Nvidia are generally accepted to be best for FSX.

I put a machine together in January with FSX in mind and it runs pretty well with quite a few add ons. These are the main components I used -

Intel i5-4690k
    Asus Geforce GTX 760
    MSI Z97M-G43
    8GB Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz
    Coolermaster V550s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭GJAerLingus

VeVeX wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be a decent machine but it probably wont be optimum for FSX. Intel and Nvidia are generally accepted to be best for FSX.

I put a machine together in January with FSX in mind and it runs pretty well with quite a few add ons. These are the main components I used -

Intel i5-4690k
    Asus Geforce GTX 760
    MSI Z97M-G43
    8GB Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz
    Coolermaster V550s

I`ve reconsidered and I`ve decided to build it myself. I`ll probably go for an Intel and Nvidia combo as I`ve asked a few people I know and they said the AMD cpus are generally not as strong for FSX as the Intel ones. I have the 4690K in mind at the moment along with a GTX 750 Ti. Did you use an anti static wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I`ve reconsidered and I`ve decided to build it myself. I`ll probably go for an Intel and Nvidia combo as I`ve asked a few people I know and they said the AMD cpus are generally not as strong for FSX as the Intel ones. I have the 4690K in mind at the moment along with a GTX 750 Ti. Did you use an anti static wristband?

Nope, I never have and I've put a good few machines together over the years. Maybe I've been lucky, if you follow recommendations you should be grounded.

Advertisement