Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Meyrick Hotel today...

• 27-04-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

What was going on there today?

I passed it twice in the car and there was Gardaí standing outside the door.

I saw Pat McDonagh leaving there at one stage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

American ambassador speaking at a chamber of commerce lunch.

Was that the same thing a few years ago where they shut off traffic going around the hotel and had cops on horseback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Was that the same thing a few years ago where they shut off traffic going around the hotel and had cops on horseback?

They did that back in 2004 when Ireland had the presidency of the EU and had a big meeting there with some top European leaders. Helicopters overhead, College Road closed off.

Would that be what you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Was walking by at 1pm and there were a few protestors outside waving Palestinian flags. Walked by again 10 mins later and they were gone. Loads of Garda cars and vans around town today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Sofa King wrote: »
    What was going on there today?

I passed it twice in the car and there was Gardaí standing outside the door.

I saw Pat McDonagh leaving there at one stage.

Pat was probably doing a delivery for the lunchin!!! 😠😠ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Galway Alliance Against Some Wars were protesting.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Damn hippies

Advertisement