Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral

• 18-04-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I am so worried for the Irish Oral ! I'm doing ordinary level and not using Irish for points but I still want to do well so I can pass.. Haven't a clue for the sraith pictiurs and I won't understand what the examiner is asking me, I'm just so bad at Irish ! Any tips on how to get a grasp on the sraith pictiurs? My Oral is on Monday, just two days away !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

ADowling wrote: »
    I am so worried for the Irish Oral ! I'm doing ordinary level and not using Irish for points but I still want to do well so I can pass.. Haven't a clue for the sraith pictiurs and I won't understand what the examiner is asking me, I'm just so bad at Irish ! Any tips on how to get a grasp on the sraith pictiurs? My Oral is on Monday, just two days away !

Probably not going to grasp the SP at this stage, you have had 2 years to learn them.Don't want to make you more worried thanyou are, so all you can do is come up with a few typical sentences you can use for all.
    eg the weather, know that one
    Good: Tá an aimsir ar-fheabhas/ an ghriain ag spalpadh anuas.
    Bad: ag stealladh báistí/ lá an-dorcha atá ann

Use the picture for help. Say what the people are saying. "Na bí buartha" a deir Daid

2 sentence for per picture is about D standard, but you'd want to make sure you read the poems very well and do all right in the comhra so you dont fail.

Know your tenses. If you can understand what tense they're asking in, that will stand to you. Answer in wrong tense? Won't get the marks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ADowling

Peg14 wrote: »
    Probably not going to grasp the SP at this stage, you have had 2 years to learn them.Don't want to make you more worried thanyou are, so all you can do is come up with a few typical sentences you can use for all.
    eg the weather, know that one
    Good: Tá an aimsir ar-fheabhas/ an ghriain ag spalpadh anuas.
    Bad: ag stealladh báistí/ lá an-dorcha atá ann

Use the picture for help. Say what the people are saying. "Na bí buartha" a deir Daid

2 sentence for per picture is about D standard, but you'd want to make sure you read the poems very well and do all right in the comhra so you dont fail.

Know your tenses. If you can understand what tense they're asking in, that will stand to you. Answer in wrong tense? Won't get the marks

Thanks for the reply, yes I do understand I had last year to start, Irish just does not come easy to me and I put it off. I can manage about three sentences per picture for the first ten but it's the last ten that I struggle with. Failtu and poetry reading aren't a problem, as you said it's understanding the tenses. Thanks for your help !

Advertisement