Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set some PHP.ini variables and apply them to shared hosting

Options
  • 27-04-2015 6:10pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am having an annoying issue with websites I manage. People are uploading photos of 7+MB and it's making the whole website backup procedure an absolute chore (one website has over 15GB of photos, I wish I was joking!). I have threatened to nuke anything that goes above a certain file size but this is largely ignored (uploads are being done by admins or authors on the sites I'm managing).

I have mentioned previously in email to Blacknight that it would be useful if webmasters can set specific php.ini variables such as post_max_size, upload_max_filesize. "Safe" values such as these, and can be useful for webmasters. The sites in question use Wordpress and Joomla.

I used to use the ini_set() function of .htaccess that worked on your previous hosting package but not the new one. Now if I try using this function the website will not load,

Please let me know if this would be possible,

Nick

Comments

Hi Nick,

Support can set these values for you on a per webspace basis if you are on our latest NG Hosting, if you are not on NG Hosting they can migrate you.

Please contact support for more details and you can reference this conversation.

Thanks,

Alan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cheers Alan,

Something to keep in mind. Would be handy having some control over the setting though. Yes it's the latest NG Hosting plan in this case.

Regards

Nick

Advertisement