Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt Rally

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This game is basically Dark Souls on wheels.....and I love it.

Dark souls was rally cars without any wheels??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dark souls was rally cars without any wheels??? ;)

Basically, the only thing missing from Dirt is the 'You died' screen when you go off a cliff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Basically, the only thing missing from Dirt is the 'You died' screen when you go off a cliff :)

I promoted you in that league btw, you can create seasons if none are organised etc. Takes a bit to get used to though.

PS4 league, for anyone that wants to join https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/30534/boards-ie-ps4

When is the current PS4 league over, next 2 days? Great chance for people to give it a go, especially against my times. I'll finish my race tomorrow night, Thursday night by the latest.

Started career and took my time on the first race, went good but still managed to go off a cliff a few times, definitely gonna take some time to get used to.

AAAWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAA :pac:

I went off a cliff twice in the last stage and still bate ya. Only beat you then on one other stage. You must have had a balls of a trip on the last stage :D

18119166_1649930931691334_3806827779440994953_n.jpg?oh=c3fd472df48f885c341ab3edc3092996&oe=5991C5D7

• Advertisement

AAAWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAA :pac:

I went off a cliff twice in the last stage and still bate ya. Only beat you then on one other stage. You must have had a balls of a trip on the last stage :D

I never said I was good :pac:

I was also talking to you over the mics as I did those stages yesterday.

Hold on and I'll find a few more excuses.... :D

Actually looking at the stage times, I must have a had a nightmare stage 6.

You were 21 seconds behind me by the end of stage 5 and somehow turned it in a 16 second lead by end of stage 6.

I found the only times I had minor crashes was when my mind wandered off, have to stay so focused. Also the mini going up hills is a load of shyte. Kept going to 4th and straight back to 3rd, my own fault having auto gears I spose.

I'll do up another rally for the weekend.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'll do up another rally for the weekend.

Coolio! Your tips really helped as well, went into career mode, started my 2nd race, and did 10 times better than my first race. Getting all ahead of myself I'm sure but bring on the Impreza!

• Advertisement

Coolio! Your tips really helped as well, went into career mode, started my 2nd race, and did 10 times better than my first race. Getting all ahead of myself I'm sure but bring on the Impreza!

Imprezza is awesome the most fun in the game is to be had with the stratos I seriously love that car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Can PC players join the league too?

eyerer wrote: »
    Can PC players join the league too?

I dont think so. I think the leagues are kept separate between platforms.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Imprezza is awesome the most fun in the game is to be had with the stratos I seriously love that car.

I've had some awesome turns in the mini and I can only imagine a rw monster taking those turns instead.

What do the numbers mean, 60, 80, 100 mean?

I've had some awesome turns in the mini and I can only imagine a rw monster taking those turns instead.

What do the numbers mean, 60, 80, 100 mean?

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/co-driver-calls-explained/
    Linking all of the corners together are distances. “Into” and “And” are very small distances between corners, we then use even numbers up to 100 metres and odd numbers once we go over the 100 metre mark.

That's a great read, thanks!

Making leagues seems to be a bit bugged.
    And I keep getting logged out when on the dirtgame website.

So I've made two leagues.

A daily stage https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/82900/daily-stage-ps4

& a weekly 4 stage rally https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/82902/weekly-rally-ps4

Both are for PS4.

Joined them now, thanks man. Raging I'm a year late to this party, I'd say there was great craic when it was first out and more active with leagues.

I bought the Opel Kadett for the clubman, I tested the Stratos and it was too much of a maniac for me. I am hopping the Kadett off everything, wrecked the rad, at least one tire blows out every race, still finished the first event in 2nd though.

Career mode in Dirt 4 is sounding class.

https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/dirt-4-interview-ps4-xbox-one-pc

“You start career as a hired gun, driving for teams that take a cut of your winnings, with the rest of the money going into you bank account,” describes Coleman. “There will come a point where you’ve got enough money to buy your own car, and when that comes you will be advised to start your own team.

“From that point forward you can hire PR teams, engineers, mechanics, spotters, co-drivers and you build this whole team around you. It gives you another reason to keep playing and make your way up in your career and it’s something that I think was lacking in DiRT Rally.”

PS4 Community event going on for the next 2 weeks, I've signed up there. Should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/RenegadEuphoriX/status/861918169996423168

• Advertisement

Well guys anyone still playing this in Xbox? I got my hands in my first ever wheel and pedals set up today and this game is so much more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Kinda, but only until I get the "Four" Achievement so I can fix my damn gamerscore. I feel betrayed because I just played Dirt 4 and the difficulty is reasonable compared to the unwinnable nightmare that is Rally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Post of the day! :pac:

432552.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Who the hell is that twat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Who the hell is that twat?

Some random dude on the Dirt Rally facebook group!

I don't get the haters it's one of the most enjoyable games ever without actually been able to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I really must start playing this again. Never gave it too much playing hours even though I think it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

8 euro on the black Friday sale. might give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    8 euro on the black Friday sale. might give it a try.

Just bought it myself. It's gotten great reviews, even of it's a little old now.

• Advertisement

Colinoh wrote: »
    Just bought it myself. It's gotten great reviews, even of it's a little old now.

Might be a couple year old but I don't think anything has came close to it yet.

Advertisement