Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards customer satisfaction survey

Options
  • 27-04-2015 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else having these pop-up everytime they load a new page on Boards?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Yup, driving me insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Pain in the hole.
    Still popping up everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

If I fill it out will it go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Please make it go away. I have done it but every time I change thread the bloody thing pops up again. It is now verging on SPAM. please please make it go away.

http://www.boards.ie/campaigns/surveys/2015/satisfaction-logged-in-bef-2015.html

If I fill it out will it go away?

I did and the bloody thing is still popping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

No, it just keeps giving. I just started onothter thread about it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

My Chrome pop-up blocker is keeping it away.

If you're using Chrome, try going to Settings -> Content settings -> Pop ups and disabling pop-ups. Or put in boards as an exception and select block from the drop down menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Its driving me mad. I'm only getting the first question so can't scroll down to go ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

The irony........... a customer satisfaction survey pissing people off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Also, can you set it to close the popup window when it's completed, rather than having another instance of boards.ie open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

My satisfaction has been decreasing each time it pops up and has been at zero for the last seven or eight pop-ups

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Its some pain in the arse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

It's not affecting me on touch, but tried to switch to full site so I could do some modding and I can't get past the first click! Really irritating!

It's not affecting me on touch, but tried to switch to full site so I could do some modding and I can't get back the first click! Really irritating!

Yeah I'm using the touch site on my laptop to get around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Make it stop!!!

Getting it here too. Is this legit I wonder? Doesn't seem like the sort of thing the Boards guys would do intentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Yes. Between this deeply irritating spam behaviour and the "new"sh1te navigation menu I wish I hadn't been so kindly with my feedback on the survey.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

mikom wrote: »
    I did and the bloody thing is still popping up.
    I've had it pop up about 10 times at this stage!
    conorh91 wrote: »
    My satisfaction has been decreasing each time it pops up and has been at zero for the last seven or eight pop-ups
    I started at '7' and the last survey got a zero.
    Karsini wrote: »
    Getting it here too. Is this legit I wonder? Doesn't seem like the sort of thing the Boards guys would do intentionally.
    I am also suspicious of it's legitimacy.

It seems it's only happening on chrome - I can use the full site no bother on safari on my phone, but chrome keeps going to the survey at every click, in case that helps!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Filled it in three times and each time i went onto a new page it came back. Solution - When it opens up, minimise it, and let it rot there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Lemming wrote: »
    Yes. Between this deeply irritating spam behaviour and the "new"sh1te navigation menu I wish I hadn't been so kindly with my feedback on the survey.

I'm sure they didn't intend for it to appear after every click - if imagine there was just an error somewhere along the way.

On IE it's blocked as a pop-up. Guess I should get a pop-up blocker for Chrome. Anyone got a recommendation?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It seems it's only happening on chrome - I can use the full site no bother on safari on my phone, but chrome keeps going to the survey at every click, in case that helps!
    I use internet explorer (the sticky header feature doesn't work on chrome) and I'm getting it, but it's blocked as a pop up.

Posy wrote: »
    I use internet explorer (the sticky header feature doesn't work on chrome) and I'm getting it, but it's blocked as a pop up.

That's weird. Wonder why it works on safari! Gremlins!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

On IE it's blocked as a pop-up. Guess I should get a pop-up blocker for Chrome. Anyone got a recommendation?

See my post on the first page. Works for me.

That's weird. Wonder why it works on safari! Gremlins!

Doesn't work on Chrome if you have a touch screen (which Posy does). Getting the pop-up in Firefox too so it's not browser-specific. Happens every time I navigate to a new page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Chrome seems to be blocking it via it's in built pop up blocker for me anyway. I can see the regularity it's happening though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

and why was this started at 8pm on a monday? is there some new PHP/MySQL jobbridge intern at boards?

Advertisement