Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards customer satisfaction survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nim wrote: »
    See my post on the first page. Works for me.

Thanks mate, that fixed it :)

I had Boards as one of my exceptions, removed it and voila.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Seems odd timing, when the rejig of the site isn't even finished and there are numerous issues, to roll out a customer satisfaction survey. Mad Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

and why was this started at 8pm on a monday? is there some new PHP/MySQL jobbridge intern at boards?

At least give the benefit of the doubt until we hear more...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I can't believe there hasn't been a "stop moaning if it's a free website for you" post yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Using the full site on my phone with safari and I'm getting it, same with firefox on laptop but nothing on the touch site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

guil wrote: »
    Using the full site on my phone with safari and I'm getting it, same with firefox on laptop but nothing on the touch site.

That's weird - I can browse fine on Safari on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Thanks mate, that fixed it :)

I had Boards as one of my exceptions, removed it and voila.

Me too, was wondering why pop up blocker wasnt working.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It probably has all pop-ups disabled as default. Chrome on my phone had pop-ups disabled so I can browse the full site fine. Tried enabling it and the pop ups appeared so I turned it off again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not appearing at all for me on Firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I use Firefox and I foolishly ticked the button at the top to unblock it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

At least they reckon my answers were the best so far..
    which is strange, as all i did was moan about the popups...all 20+ times

I use Firefox and I foolishly ticked the button at the top to unblock it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Go back and block it again :p

Trying to find the setting is giving me a headache already :D

Trying to find the setting is giving me a headache already :D

Go to Options. It's in the Content panel.

Thank you - a virtual beer cominatcha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Sure Boards wouldn't roll out an untested UI change on a live website would they? Ah nvm...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

"Awesome - thanks for filling out our survey. I think your answers were the best so far!"

Is everyone getting this response? Please say "no", I really need this confidence boost.

"Awesome - thanks for filling out our survey. I think your answers were the best so far!"

Is everyone getting this response? Please say "no", I really need this confidence boost.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Disabled according to the thread in Site Development. Must have been real so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

If you have popups blocked in settings-safari it wasn't appearing, I have them blocked but turned off just to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

So anyone know what this was all about? Was it genuine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It was genuine, you can see from it's URL that it was directly hosted on boards.ie.

The constant appearance part doesn't appear to have been the intended result though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pity its fixed.... I wanted to report boards for spamming to the man in charge of the internet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Boards.ie: Sean

So, apologies everyone for the issues with the survey last night. Yes, it was legit but it was only meant to appear if you clicked a link inviting you to take part. The fact that it popped up every time you loaded a page was irritating to say the least ... we took it down as quickly ass we could once we realised what was happening.

We working on getting a (properly functioning, no more annoying pop ups) survey back up on the site as soon as we can. As to why do it before the re-jig of the website, the plan is to do this type of quick survey regularly. Doing it now means we have a baseline and can see what, if any, difference changes to the site make to our members and visitors experience.

Sorry again about the mess up last night, we'll make sure everything is fully tested before going live again.

So, apologies everyone for the issues with the survey last night. Yes, it was legit but it was only meant to appear if you clicked a link inviting you to take part. The fact that it popped up every time you loaded a page was irritating to say the least ... we took it down as quickly ass we could once we realised what was happening.

We working on getting a (properly functioning, no more annoying pop ups) survey back up on the site as soon as we can. As to why do it before the re-jig of the website, the plan is to do this type of quick survey regularly. Doing it now means we have a baseline and can see what, if any, difference changes to the site make to our members and visitors experience.

Sorry again about the mess up last night, we'll make sure everything is fully tested before going live again.

Presume the feedback provided last night will still be taken on board though?

Absolutely, all feedback, good, bad and indifferent, is really helpful so thanks for everyone who took the time last night to tell us what they think

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

Were my answers really the best?

Yes, they really were ... top of the class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I browsed boards with safari and Firefox yesterday evening and had no pop ups. But if I had I'd probably have had the best answers ever.

Advertisement