Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards customer satisfaction survey

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

But if I had I'd probably have had the best answers ever.

Sorry, that position has been filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm using Chrome and haven't seen that pop-up at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Boards.ie: Sean

Alright then, it looks like we've sorted out the issues with the survey and will be putting it live on the site shortly. When users visit Boards (both logged in and logged out) there will be a one line notice sitting just under the breadcrumb inviting you to take the survey. If you don't click then nothing else will happen, no persistent pop-ups or any of that nonsense.

If you do click then the survey will open in a separate window/tab. It should take two minutes at most to complete. Once you click on the notice and open up the survey then we'll use a cookie to ensure the notice doesn't appear again as you're browsing Boards.

Thanks for your patience on this

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Just a quick point on this: the link that appears under the breadcrumb is screwing up the page positioning when jumping into a particular post on a thread, such as when using the "first unread" link.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Just a quick point on this: the link that appears under the breadcrumb is screwing up the page positioning when jumping into a particular post on a thread, such as when using the "first unread" link.

Thanks for letting us know, we'll have a look into it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

At the end of the survey, I was told "I gave the best feedback so far".
    Haha, But sure I just ranted and raved, going nuts. Telling yous, you are a shower of cuks.

Surveys are so useful, at least I can't get banned going crazy on a survey haha.

Ahhhh I'm only pulling your pinky, love you guys. Hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm still seeing nothing.

I don't know what a breadcrumb is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm still seeing nothing.

I don't know what a breadcrumb is.

Looks like this:

346893.png

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thanks but it's not there for me. I'm currently on safari.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll have a look into it now

Have just rolled out a fix to this issue, the "First Unread" link should be working as expected now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So no customer survey for those on anything other than the hated new skin? Are the views of the longer term users not welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

the plan is to do this type of quick survey regularly. Doing it now means we have a baseline and can see what, if any, difference changes to the site make to our members and visitors experience.

It may be worth mentioning in the surveys themselves whether they are anonymous, or if the data is linked to the user's account. Particularly if you are asking questions such as how to improve boards, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I keep getting a survey nag-bar appearing on firefox, despite having left my feedback. Whilst it's a damn-sight better than that spamming pop-up which should never have gotten past testing in the first place, so easily was it reproduced by users ... once I have answered that survey I should not keep getting nagged for it. I'm glad this time that I was not kind with my feedback as I was with the initial survey (before it started spamming me).

As for who said what, and who wants to remain anonymous; I'll quite merrily stake my name next to the fact that I am deeply unimpressed with the latest "iterations" beta-releases that see users being used as unpaid beta-testers for rudimentary work that distilled media should be doing themselves whilst management task someone with providing lip-service of how our opinions are valued until we don't tow the group-think line in which case what we think doesn't matter because they were going to go ahead with it anyway.

Not. Impressed. And you can print that in stone.

Spear wrote: »
    So no customer survey for those on anything other than the hated new skin? Are the views of the longer term users not welcome?

The views of our longer term users are always welcome!

We have been dividing the survey into cohorts - Members who joined pre 2015, Members who joined in 2015 and Non-members. So anyone using an old skin can use the following links to go directly to the survey:
    Joined pre 2015
    Joined in 2015
    Non members

Thanks

mike_ie wrote: »
    It may be worth mentioning in the surveys themselves whether they are anonymous, or if the data is linked to the user's account. Particularly if you are asking questions such as how to improve boards, etc.

Great point - thanks for that. Just to be clear the survey is completely anonymous, I'm going to update the survey now to make that clear to everyone who's submitting a reply

Lemming wrote: »
    I keep getting a survey nag-bar appearing on firefox, despite having left my feedback.

Ok, we'll have a look into that.
    I'm glad this time that I was not kind with my feedback as I was with the initial survey (before it started spamming me.

Fair enough, whatever feedback you've given, we deserve it.
    I am deeply unimpressed with the latest "iterations" beta-releases that see users being used as unpaid beta-testers for rudimentary work that distilled media should be doing themselves whilst management task someone with providing lip-service of how our opinions are valued until we don't tow the group-think line in which case what we think doesn't matter because they were going to go ahead with it anyway.

So I am both the management tasking someone with providing lip-service to how our members opinions are valued and the person providing the lip service in this case :confused:

We messed up the first release of the survey on Monday evening and I hold our hands up to that. I'm making no excuses but we'll learn from what we did wrong and make sure something similar doesn't happen again.

As for anything else we've changed on the platform recently, since I've been at Boards there is nothing we have done without talking to our members first. And there are many things we've looked at doing but pulled based on our members feedback. We are actually kicking off a planning process for the product roadmap at the moment and part of the reason for the survey was to gather a list of improvements/features that our members would like to see on Boards, hence the second question on the survey. So, our members ans their opinions matter a whole lot to us. All I can say is that, even if it doesn't feel like it all the time, we do genuinely listen to what you say and it does genuinely have a big impact on the decisions we make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I clicked the survey this morning and getting a page not found error.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I did the survey yesterday and it has just started popping up at the top of the page again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I did the survey yesterday and it has just started popping up at the top of the page again.

Same here. Done last night & back again now

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just took it again to get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's randomly appearing and disappearing for me, even though I've done it already. Most peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Also getting the Page Not Found Error. I hadn't clicked on it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Using touch boards. No web linky for survey when connecting. Even the links in the post above (Pre2015) has problems. The page opens a question appears for a nano second and disappears leaving behind a multi colored screen and a couple of arrows.
    me wanna do survey - feel left out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Did the survery yesterday, and the little yellow bar keeps appearing on the top of the page. Mildly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Did the survery yesterday, and the little yellow bar keeps appearing on the top of the page. Mildly annoying.
    ^This.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I opened it and closed it without doing the survey again and it hasn't appeared again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Is it just one question? Ive answered it loads of times but it just keeps coming back.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Surely there are many more people like me who like to skew data when the opportunity arises who are just clicking 1 every time it pops up again?

Am I the only one who doesn't like being referred to as a customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Am I the only one who doesn't like being referred to as a customer?

To be fair it doesn't say customer anywhere in the survey that I can see, that was just me.

Advertisement