Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much top soil?

• 27-04-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for advice. I've dug up my garden on my new house as it was overgrown and full of weeds. Looking to now put top soil and grass seed down. There is already soil below so just leveling out now. The soil is not the best though. There is a lot of stones and sandy in some places where there was decking before.

How much top soil do I need. Width is 610cm and length is 550cm. I've used a few online calculators and I think around 1.5-2 ton is what I'm getting. I don't know how many centimeters in depth though I should go.

Any other tips is appreciated,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for advice. I've dug up my garden on my new house as it was overgrown and full of weeds. Looking to now put top soil and grass seed down. There is already soil below so just leveling out now. The soil is not the best though. There is a lot of stones and sandy in some places where there was decking before.

How much top soil do I need. Width is 610cm and length is 550cm. I've used a few online calculators and I think around 1.5-2 ton is what I'm getting. I don't know how many centimeters in depth though I should go.

Any other tips is appreciated,thanks

Hi manu

If it was my choice, i would put in 20 cm of soil. That would make it nearly 7m3, which would be 10ton and slightly over. But even if you went at 10cm, thatvis a good starying point.

Advertisement