Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband

Options
  • 27-04-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Living in sligo town , upc getting very expensive , anyone have sky broadband , if so how is it? Thanks for any info:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Sligored wrote: »
    Living in sligo town , upc getting very expensive , anyone have sky broadband , if so how is it? Thanks for any info:)

Same as eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I had it for 5 months 2 years ago and my advice to you would be under no circumstances to get it.
    It was a total nightmare. I was getting speeds of about 1-2 MB
    I had awful hassle with them. In the end they had to release me from the contract.
    They were unable to offer any explanation as to why the speeds were so slow.
    I moved to UPC and they are fantastic....no issues whatsoever and I get speeds of about 40-45 MB

Sligored wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭HonestCry

I'd love if you could tell me what on earth the following numbers mean,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

johnire wrote: »
    I moved to UPC and they are fantastic....no issues whatsoever and I get speeds of about 40-45 MB

Just tested my UPC broadband three times, very unstable. 10mb/s, 19mb/s and 15mb/s. Nowhere near 40mb/s. Live out the Strandhill Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Had WiMAX, tested Sky and Eircom. For speed and consistency, UPC wins hands down.
    It's like picking a favourite disease when it comes to customer service, but for the service itself UPC wins.

• Advertisement

I agree. I find them to be really good.

Had WiMAX, tested Sky and Eircom. For speed and consistency, UPC wins hands down.
    It's like picking a favourite disease when it comes to customer service, but for the service itself UPC wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

I changed to SKY Broadband in Jan and it is by far the worst Broadband I have ever had - It is actually worse than Dial-Up. I have been on to them a number of times and they just keep going on with rubbish, Try this try that. I have tried everything to no avail and the latest response I got from them was "Sorry there is nothing we can do to improve your Wireless Broadband and its only up to Sky to provide you with a Wired connection. Yes you are in a contract and no you cannot leave the contract" even though the Sky service is rubbish. They have really bad customer service and a really bad attitude to the customer. Avoid Sky at all costs.

I agree totally. Have a look at my earlier post.
    As regards them telling you you're in s contract just persist and they will have to release you. I did and I got compensation too. They a a total nightmare to deal with.

newspower wrote: »
    I changed to SKY Broadband in Jan and it is by far the worst Broadband I have ever had - It is actually worse than Dial-Up. I have been on to them a number of times and they just keep going on with rubbish, Try this try that. I have tried everything to no avail and the latest response I got from them was "Sorry there is nothing we can do to improve your Wireless Broadband and its only up to Sky to provide you with a Wired connection. Yes you are in a contract and no you cannot leave the contract" even though the Sky service is rubbish. They have really bad customer service and a really bad attitude to the customer. Avoid Sky at all costs.

Advertisement