Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants working illegally

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have some tenants in a shared house that I have heard from a reliable source are now working illegally with expired visa's.
    I don't want any sort of illegal activity from tenants in my property and they are also being troublesome in other ways.

Is there any way of checking their visa status?
    I have their names and pps numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

monkey8 wrote: »
    I have some tenants in a shared house that I have heard from a reliable source are now working illegally with expired visa's.
    I don't want any sort of illegal activity from tenants in my property and they are also being troublesome in other ways.

Is there any way of checking their visa status?
    I have their names and pps numbers.

Are they working I'm your property? Or just living there while they work elsewhere?

If the latter, then I'd expect that all you can do is report your suspicions to Garda Immigration (IMHO you have a moral obligation to do this, if the suspicions are well founded). But be aware that sometimes reliable sources can be motivated by vested interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Unless you ask to see their GNIB cards (and see what stamp they have and when it expires), I don't think you have any way to check. Maybe someone can confirm but as I landlord you might be entitled to ask for that to ensure the person you are renting to is legally allowed to reside in Ireland?

Anyway, I think Mrs OBumble advice probably is the best way to go (provided that your source has some convincing argument/evidence, I don't think just saying "I have heard" and accusing people is a great idea).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement