Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluval Edge 23 Litre

Options
  • 27-04-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

anybody on here have one of these ?

what do you think of it ?

any pics of ur setup ?

im thinking of getting one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm very wary of them in general as they really limit the type of, and level of, stock you can keep. They're a very pretty design but beyond planting and a few shrimp, I don't really see what you can do with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'm very wary of them in general as they really limit the type of, and level of, stock you can keep. They're a very pretty design but beyond planting and a few shrimp, I don't really see what you can do with them?

Single male betta?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The only betta we've kept, we gave a 60l tank and he lasted over 3 years (they have a "typical" life-span of about 2). Lots of others will disagree with me but I think Bettas deserve decent size tanks instead of the usual bowls they're kept in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

With decent lighting it could make a spectacular coral frag tank with a few inverts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

anybody on here have one of these ?

what do you think of it ?

any pics of ur setup ?

im thinking of getting one

I have one, its grand for what it is, it's almost purely home decoration rather than a practical tank.
    I keep mine on the coffee table, planted up, with snails and shrimp. Its empty now at the moment but still looks nice with the lights on.
    Wouldn't keep anything other than inverts in it though - maybe galaxy rasbora if your water is right, but not much else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement