Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headset/ headphone choices...

Options
  • 28-04-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

hi what headsets would you lads recommend for pc gaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have an old pair of Sennheiser "SK Gaming" headphones that has a mic attached. Comfy on the ears, even after extended play times.

What have you used so far? Find headsets to be the one thing that everyone feels differently on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the_syco wrote: »
    Have an old pair of Sennheiser "SK Gaming" headphones that has a mic attached. Comfy on the ears, even after extended play times.

What have you used so far? Find headsets to be the one thing that everyone feels differently on.

have not used any pc specific headsets but have endless experience with astro headsets and turtle beach console headsets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Your best bet is google top 10 pc headsets and you will get lots of respected gaming sites giving their thoughts.
    I use Logitech G35 ,amazing sound but i find them not very comfortable, a bit on the heavy side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Dcully wrote: »
    Your best bet is google top 10 pc headsets and you will get lots of respected gaming sites giving their thoughts.
    I use Logitech G35 ,amazing sound but i find them not very comfortable, a bit on the heavy side.

I look for ones with the metal band on top so it can be bent to suit.

Picked up a cheap pair in pc world with q mic for 25 to tide me over while I looked for a proper pair. Ended up just keeping them. If I can play for an hour or two without noticing them too much job done. Granted sound wont be amazing but I'm not an audiophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

I got logitech G430's after my steelseries headset broke (had it for 3 years).. Would recommend either of those..not overly expensive and they're both quite comfy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Steelseries Siberia V2's. Have them a few years and pretty happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I can vouch for the Siberia V2's also. I currently have a seperate mic (Samson Meteor) and headphones (Sennheiser HD558) and I find the separate mic to be much more convenient.
    Before, if I didn't want to use my headphones I'd have to have the headset around my neck to talk to people and the sound wouldn't be clear because of the larger distance.

was looking at sennheiser hd595 or 598 anyone have any experience with either?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've a pair of 598s, had them for two and a half years. First experience with high end headphones, I won't be going back.

They're extremely comfy, sound great and despite how the colour looks online, they actually look great. I sometimes wear mine with music to help me sleep, I cannot stress how comfortable they are :pac: I forget I'm wearing them a lot of the time. Massive soundstage, and I've forgotten the name, but there's a thing when you hear something in game, and you twist your head because it sounds like someone has knocked on your door etc... That happens a lot. Highly recommended for the right price.

They're about €150 on amazon.es iirc, paid €220 for mine and would do so again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Using the turtlebeach z60 and they are really really comfortable.

They also have a detachable mic, and 2 separate volume controls, this works really well for me when playing arma or something, when I jump in a helo I can adjust game volume on the headset amp so I can hear chat over teamspeak on the fly. It's actually very convenient.

Gaming setting, music setting and movie setting.

About 130e at the moment but we'll worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Only issue is that they come with a 6.3mm plug, so you must use the supplied adaptor to plug them into a 3.5mm jack, which isn't really an issue for me, but something to consider. I plug them into my Cowon and walk around with it in my pockets no fear of snapping it.

Off topic a little, can anyone recommend a decent cheap headset stand?

is it not awkward having a mic infront of you whilst gaming though? im looking at a blue snowball mic

I don't notice it but if I could justify it, I would get a blue mic. But that in itself has problems, desk space, pick up, power etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I'm looking for a wireless option at the mo. The Corsair Vengeance 2100 seems to be getting good reviews. Anyone any first hand experience with them? €120 - €150 on Amazon depending when you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Using Logitech G35 myself for gaming when I want surround sound or mic (both of which are really good). Good bass too. It's just awesome when you can hear footsteps in game and instantly know which direction it's coming from. Warranty is top notch (3 years I think?). My first pair developed a buzz after 2 years and they shipped me a new set, no need to return the originals.

Minuses: it's a bit heavier than other headsets and not outstanding for pure stereo or music. But really there is no headset I know of which is top class for both gaming and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've used - and am still using - a Vengeance 2000 headset. I got one of the earlier ones where the plastic on the headband cracked, but it doesn't really bother me too much, and they still sound great. Surprisingly good, in fact, for something at this price point.

My only complaint - aside from the cracked headband - is that the mic gets a little loose over time. It will gradually sort of flop down to the lowest points after a few minutes of being worn, with head movement. Not really an issue as it's basically where it would go anyway, but something I thought I'd mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I'm using the hyper x cloud 2 and must say I really like them, really solid build, leather and velour ear pieces come included, leather headband lovely and light and really great sound think mine were £80 from scan.Co.UK I think. Use astro a50 for my ps4 and these are every bit as good imo.
    And I was astonished at the quality of the packaging, I couldn't say anything bad about these

Advertisement