Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Latch

Options
  • 28-04-2015 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

The door on my 1999 Dometic is sticking at the bottom after the latch is released.
    Am I right in thinking there is a rod inside the door that is pushed down when the latch is set? Any tips on freeing it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

JonMac wrote: »
    The door on my 1999 Dometic is sticking at the bottom after the latch is released.
    Am I right in thinking there is a rod inside the door that is pushed down when the latch is set? Any tips on freeing it up?

Yep John, a steel rod the full height of the fridge. A little silicon spray down it usually helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Actually, the rod was catching on the "socket" at the bottom. I whittled the aluminium socket and all is OK.

Advertisement