Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to develop grass lawn?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

My garden was dug up a month ago as I had a whole new sewerage waste water system installed.

The contractor left the garden with the top soil levelled but there is a lot of labour involved now to get 70 square meters stone free, level and back to a grass lawn.

Anyone know how much a gardener would charge to do this for 70 square meters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Hard to be precise but € 200.00/€ 240.00 range should be adequate. Location, condition, and rubble will have a bearing on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Hard to be precise but € 200.00/€ 240.00 range should be adequate. Location, condition, and rubble will have a bearing on price.

Not much rubble I spent 4 hours taking off lot of the stones.

I'm in Midlands in Offaly sounds like great price the builder who did the sewerage quoted €700

Not much rubble I spent 4 hours taking off lot of the stones.

I'm in Midlands in Offaly sounds like great price the builder who did the sewerage quoted €700

That's an outrageous price, even if one had to do the full 70sqm with a knife and spoon. :eek: 1 day's work tops.

God knows what you paid for sewerage!!

That's an outrageous price, even if one had to do the full 70sqm with a knife and spoon. :eek: 1 day's work tops.

God knows what you paid for sewerage!!

€7,800

€7,800

Seems the Celtic Tiger is back living well in Offaly.

• Advertisement

Seems the Celtic Tiger is back living well in Offaly.

I'm hoping to get a part grant from Offaly CC

I'm hoping to get a part grant from Offaly CC

Update, got a quote today from a local landscape gardener, €750 :(

The area is 70 sqm? You've been quoted > € 100/sq m?

Supply+Fit Sandstone Patio is approx. € 60.00, Granite € 80.00, Roll Turf Lawn € 20.00 and ground prep/cleaning surface is € 100.00 :eek:

A typical rate would be up to € 2.00/sqm +/- for spraying, scraping and grading areas > 1,000sqm

Is there anything peculiar about the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Update, got a quote today from a local landscape gardener, €750 :(

Sounds like your landscaper has been talking to your builder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Jesus.. I'll do it for 400 pm me : ) I am serious. cowboys.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

The area is 70 sqm? You've been quoted > € 100/sq m?

Supply+Fit Sandstone Patio is approx. € 60.00, Granite € 80.00, Roll Turf Lawn € 20.00 and ground prep/cleaning surface is € 100.00 :eek:

A typical rate would be up to € 2.00/sqm +/- for spraying, scraping and grading areas > 1,000sqm

Is there anything peculiar about the site?
    He's been quoted €10 per sq M not €100 as you suggest.
    Imo €10 is fair rate for a small area, the larger the area the less you pay per sq M.
    OP there's nothing stopping you haggling over the price, I'd be fairly sure there would be some leeway in the price, chance your arm and see how you get on, alternatively you can always undertake the job yourself;).

I am going ot undertake the job myself.

Any tips appreviated.

Here is my plan:

1st thing ill do when there is a dry day ill spray it for weeds ang also the grass margins.

Pick stones for a few weeks.

Rotovate it.

Rake it and level soil, pick out more pebbles,s tones

Roll it

Sow grass seeds

Advertisement