Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilesaurus, a plant-eating theropod from the Jurassic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

looks a beaky dino too

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Linnaeus

I've read somewhere that there was once a strange quadrupedal theropod, in form resembling a sauropod more than anything else...This theropod, like Chilesaurus, was also a herbivore. Can't remember for the life of me what this dino was called, but I'll try to retrieve the info about him...Until then, can anyone find something about this dinosaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

You might be thinking of Segnosaurus, which was a real puzzle for a while, and was often depicted as being quadrupedal:

peters12.jpg

Other similar theropods like Erlikosaurus known from very fragmentary remains were also depicted as quadrupedal and prosauropod-like:

dinosaur-images-097-resize.jpg

Today we know they both belonged to family Therizinosauridae and were most likely fully bipedal.

Advertisement