Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of Monsters and Men @ The Olympia 22nd November

Options
  • 28-04-2015 9:42am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Of-Monsters-and-Men-announce-gig-at-Dublins-Olympia-Theate-later-this-year/363256.htm
    Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men will play Dublin's Olympia Theatre later this year.

The band, who release their second album 'Beneath the Skin' in June, will play the Olympia on November 22nd.

The album is the follow-up to 2011's 'My Head is an Animal', which spawned mammoth hit 'Little Talks'.

Tickets for the gig are €28.50 including booking fee and on sale next Friday, May 8th at 9am from usual outlets.

Missed them last time so looking forward to this

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Hopefully this gig will be better.
    Last time it was just full of people who were there to hear the one song (Little Talks), then update their social media pages to tell everyone they were there. I could barely hear the band at times with the amount of chatter going on!
    Seems to be the problem with bands with a massive debut hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Hopefully this gig will be better.
    Last time it was just full of people who were there to hear the one song (Little Talks), then update their social media pages to tell everyone they were there. I could barely hear the band at times with the amount of chatter going on!
    Seems to be the problem with bands with a massive debut hit.

I really enjoyed the gig in the Olympia, it really is hit or miss who you get stuck standing beside. I didn't notice the talkers last time but I was pretty close to the front.

lc180 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the gig in the Olympia, it really is hit or miss who you get stuck standing beside. I didn't notice the talkers last time but I was pretty close to the front.

I tried to move around a bit, but still found them! :o
    Have to say though, I couldn't fault the band themselves. They were very energetic and put on a great show. One of my favourite albums of the past couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Per ticketmaster, there's a presale on the 5th May. Anyone know any details?

Celtise wrote: »

http://ofmonstersandmen.artistarena.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=1

Last time I got tickets via the presale, I registered via the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 WeirdBren

Celtise wrote: »

Ya I am interested in the presale on May 5th, tried this site above but doesn't let me register:(

WeirdBren wrote: »
    Ya I am interested in the presale on May 5th, tried this site above but doesn't let me register:(

Let me register last night. Nothing listed on it yet that I could see.

Huh, you use Irish address and everything? Just says can't be registered at this time!

Huh, you use Irish address and everything? Just says can't be registered at this time!

Yes using Irish address!

Cool, got it working, the website didn’t like me using firefox. The website looks like its not used anymore, but guess we'll see on May 5th when the presale tickets go for sale!

• Advertisement

Still nothing on that site or anywhere that I can see about presale...

Found them! on ticketmaster!!! you gotta buy album too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dearg86

I'm getting an error message when I get through to the payment page.... "If you submitted an order, and are not sure if it went through, please check Order History or contact Customer Service." Currently on hold with Customer Services. Cant get tickets for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Same happened to me? Any idea why

Try different internet browser? Mine went through fine, site might just be having an issue

dearg86 wrote: »
    I'm getting an error message when I get through to the payment page.... "If you submitted an order, and are not sure if it went through, please check Order History or contact Customer Service." Currently on hold with Customer Services. Cant get tickets for some reason.

Well that was difficult... for some reason it wouldn't let me purchase with Ticketfast! I had to opt for delivery rather than print....

dearg86 wrote: »
    Well that was difficult... for some reason it wouldn't let me purchase with Ticketfast! I had to opt for delivery rather than print....

Ya I went for that first try so thats probably why i had no errors

Ya I went for that first try so thats probably why i had no errors

That's a bit weird. I was using both Chrome and Firefox. Must be an issue with Ticketfast so!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2 tickets sorted, nice one :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Is there a seperate presale link or do you need to buy the cd to get the tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 llewelynmoss

Got two tickets sorted myself.

Question - when I was at their gig at the Olympia two years ago we were given wristbands that enabled us to come and go to the front row/pit. Would getting tickets pre-sale guarantee that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Question - when I was at their gig at the Olympia two years ago we were given wristbands that enabled us to come and go to the front row/pit. Would getting tickets pre-sale guarantee that too?
    Some bands do this, but charge you extra for the pleasure. If it didn't say you were getting priority/special access you'll just have to turn up early on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Got two tickets sorted myself.

Usually in the Olympia the first (I think 300) get wristbands for the pit. Unless there were tickets specifically for the pit on sale it'll be on a first come, first serve basis.

The Olympia site recommends you show up at around 7pm or the time the doors open at to maximise chances of getting a wristband!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

frantic190 wrote: »
    Usually in the Olympia the first (I think 300) get wristbands for the pit. Unless there were tickets specifically for the pit on sale it'll be on a first come, first serve basis.

The Olympia site recommends you show up at around 7pm or the time the doors open at to maximise chances of getting a wristband!
    Its the first 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I thought this would be sold out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

And it's sold out!

Advertisement