Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another renting thread

Options
  • 28-04-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I'll be starting a job in Longford in 2 weeks, and I'm looking for places to stay. Based on past threads the advice seems to be to avoid the town centre, so I've looked further out.

Daft seems to have a few places in The Mill in Clondra/Cloondara and I was wondering if anyone knows the area or even knows much about the apartments. Almost suspicious that there are so many up for rent. A good few in Prospect Woods also.

I'd appreciate any info ye could give me, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bovis

Disclaimer. I live in the Mill. I am very happy with my apartment. Good heating system. Very pleasant outlook. But many people may have other views - it was a controversial development due to many reasons. Apartments were part of an unfinished estate. While they are well built, many are unsold due to a mis-timed sale by the builder. As a result some apartments are unoccupied.

But I suspect that more will sell as the market conditions improve and general employment prospects in Longford improve - e.g. Center parcs. etc.

Clondra is a lovely village. Recently has had a lot of investment by Waterways Ireland (Blueway, Royal Canal Greenway, Public harbour).

Take a spin out there and take a look. Dont just take my view. See for yourself

I'll be starting a job in Longford in 2 weeks, and I'm looking for places to stay. Based on past threads the advice seems to be to avoid the town centre, so I've looked further out.

Daft seems to have a few places in The Mill in Clondra/Cloondara and I was wondering if anyone knows the area or even knows much about the apartments. Almost suspicious that there are so many up for rent. A good few in Prospect Woods also.

I'd appreciate any info ye could give me, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Thanks. I'll give it a look so! Appreciate the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Don't know too much about the spot in Clondra (look good from what I can see online and bovis' post above), but wouldn't rate Prospect Woods too highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Cheers for the help guys, appreciate it.

On a related note, what's the best broadband provider out that way? I've been told brisknet, but Sky and Eircom seem to have services out there also.

Advertisement