Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Course Question

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Heya. Just a quick question.

I'm a first year science student, but I'm thinking of repeating the LC next year to go for Dentistry. I was under the impression that the only way to get it would be to repeat the Leaving or to wait a few years and go the graduate/mature route.

However, recently my mother was chatting to her GP, and the GP informed her that a friend of hers had transferred from a lower points course into Dentistry. She didn't get any details from the GP, unfortunately.

I'm skeptical that it was as easy as just asking to change courses. The GP said I should talk to the careers people in my college for info on it, but they don't have an office and when I've emailed them in the past they've been a bit unhelpful, so I thought I'd ask here. Is there any option available to me right now other than repeating the LC?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would contact the Dentistry courses first and see is it possible.

Advertisement