Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair products for dry, frizzy, curly hair

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there.

I have long frizzy hair that ive kind of been neglecting. I dont use any special products and style my hair with conditioner (i find leave in conditioner is not strong enough) I tend to avoid gels and moose because I have a sensitive scalp and it can get itchy if i use them. I also get a build up of product since I cant wash my hair more then once a week.

Ive been doing a bit of research and i found that "devacurl" got some good reviews. I dont mind spending a bit of money but id like a bit of advice first.

Does anyone have any tips?

Or products that they feel works?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

No idea, I'm sure someone on here will know!

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

purple.efa wrote: »
    Hi there.

I have long frizzy hair that ive kind of been neglecting. I dont use any special products and style my hair with conditioner (i find leave in conditioner is not strong enough) I tend to avoid gels and moose because I have a sensitive scalp and it can get itchy if i use them. I also get a build up of product since I cant wash my hair more then once a week.

Ive been doing a bit of research and i found that "devacurl" got some good reviews. I dont mind spending a bit of money but id like a bit of advice first.

Does anyone have any tips?

Or products that they feel works?

Thanks.

I've curly hair and last summer I couldn't keep it from frizzing. I did a bit of research and found out that using shampoos with parabens & sulphates aren't good for curly hair as its naturally dry, and it only dries it out more. You can get paraben & sulphate free shampoo & conditioner now in a good few brands. Penney's do the Hask ones, which I started out using, but now I've found that the new Herbal Essence 0% one is even better on my hair and makes it feel so clean & soft.
    I also use Argan oil on it when wet, its great for keeping it curly.

I'd start off by just changing the shampoo & conditioner and get a bit of argan oil to help style it!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I would advise you switch to a shampoo that is sulfate free there are loads of them out there now. Also make sire that when you do this you also switch to a silicone free conditioner.

You also want to make sure you use heat protection any time your using what such as a hair dryer, straightener etc. Lastly you should try using hair oils such as argan oil if leave in conditioner isn't strong enough for you. You could also try hair masks if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The OGX shampoos don't contain sulphates/sls. I bought the coconut water one two weeks ago after reading race reviews and so far I'm impressed. Boots stock the whole range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Kerastase and coconut oil. I've long thick curly hair too and these two are brilliant together. If you put the coconut oil in before a shower (the longer you leave it, the better) and then wash out the excess with Kerastase shampoo, you'll never have to use gel. My hair goes super frizzy so I use a little bit of conditioner as well after shampooing. The shampoo is a bit expensive but if you have it, it's worth getting. Plus it lasts ages if you only wash your hair every few days, which will also keep the frizz down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sup_dude wrote: »
    Kerastase and coconut oil. I've long thick curly hair too and these two are brilliant together. If you put the coconut oil in before a shower (the longer you leave it, the better) and then wash out the excess with Kerastase shampoo, you'll never have to use gel. My hair goes super frizzy so I use a little bit of conditioner as well after shampooing. The shampoo is a bit expensive but if you have it, it's worth getting. Plus it lasts ages if you only wash your hair every few days, which will also keep the frizz down.

where do you get that Kerastase shampoo?

Yeah you should only wash your hair, especially curly, every few days. I wash mine every second or third day (3rd being max as it starts feeling greasy & I hate it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    where do you get that Kerastase shampoo?

Yeah you should only wash your hair, especially curly, every few days. I wash mine every second or third day (3rd being max as it starts feeling greasy & I hate it!).

I get it off ebay any time I get it.

Advertisement