Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soarview Tramore

Options
  • 28-04-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just wondering would anybody know if a Soarview aerial would work up in the attic of a house in the Somerville area, Tramore. I have to set up soarview for a friend and it would make it a lot easier if the signal was strong enough to pick up in the attic instead of out on the roof. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

mick111112 wrote: »
    Just wondering would anybody know if a Soarview aerial would work up in the attic of a house in the Somerville area, Tramore. I have to set up soarview for a friend and it would make it a lot easier if the signal was strong enough to pick up in the attic instead of out on the roof. thanks.

I doubt it very much. You'll be getting the signal from Mount Leinster which is about 60km away. We're higher up in the center of town, and we still had to get the aerial well up the back wall to get a strong signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crubbeens

I've had an aerial in my attic for a couple of years with no reception problems.
    Just make sure you use a high gain antenna.
    If you check out freetv.ie,(no connection) you will find a suitable antenna and some excellent installation info'.

Advertisement