Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat worming alternative to Broadline?

• 28-04-2015 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

We've used Broadline a few times since our vets switched from Advocate but I'm not happy with it and am looking for a change. I've ordered some Capstar to take care of fleas but I need something for worms. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

We've used Broadline a few times since our vets switched from Advocate but I'm not happy with it and am looking for a change. I've ordered some Capstar to take care of fleas but I need something for worms. Any recommendations?

As far as I remember Capstar will simply kill existing fleas in a short time. After that more fleas can hop aboard at no risk to their personal safety. :D

What about Stronghold?

Just out of curiosity why weren't you happy with the Broadline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

boomerang wrote: »
    As far as I remember Capstar will simply kill existing fleas in a short time. After that more fleas can hop aboard at no risk to their personal safety. :D

What about Stronghold?

I haven't tried the Stronghold. I really got the Capstar for our former feral, he's a lap cat now but impossible to get a spot on onto. Poppy and Felix seemed a bit out of sorts after the Broadline and she managed to reach a tiny bit of it and scared the bejesus out of us drooling after it. I thought we were going to have to make an emergency dash to the vet with her. I can't really put my finger on it, but they just weren't themselves after it.

The Advocate hurt Jazzy so we'd never use it again, didn't realise that until we used the Broadline.

Haven't much experience with Broadline at all, but I've seen if they lick it off the skin they can be really off and salivate a lot!

boomerang wrote: »

What about Stronghold?

:o I just realised that it was Comfortis I was trying to find, not Capstar. Ah well, the Capstar arrived today so I can start with that and in the future move on to something else.:)

I found the Comfortis tablets for cats are quite big - well, if you're used to Mibemax, say - but I managed to get them down the hatch wrapped in a rolled sliver of ham as bribery. :D

• Advertisement

I had planned to crush the pill and hide it in some salmon mayo left on the worktop. Jazzy will eat pretty much anything if he thinks he's stealing it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sneaky, must try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joanmarie

I gave my cat Milpro worm tablet prescribed by my vet. My cat had bad reaction and I ended up taking her in as an emergency. She couldn't stand up properly and her breathing was very shallow. When I dropped her in it was with a different vet, but later on that morning the vet that prescribed the drug Milpro rang me to say it was a very bad reaction to the drug Milpro and that I should of read the leaflet in box. I felt she's was saying it was my fault that my cat got sick.

I have since changed vet, my cat is doing better but they can't say for definite that she will not have some health problems in the future because of this drug Milpro. This drug Milpro is produced by the company Virbac.
    I spoke to a lady in Virbac company she told me it was up to my vet to tell me about the side affects when she gave me the drug and it was nothing to do with them.

Whatever worm tablet you give your cat don't give her Milpro and check with your vet about side affects. Hopefully your vet will have better work practice than the vet who prescribed worm tablet Milpro for my cat.

Advertisement