Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Mayo is this phone number?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

094 65***, i realise there probably should be another two digits in front of the main number but i just need the town, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Rockfish wrote: »
    094 65***, i realise there probably should be another two digits in front of the main number but i just need the town, thanks
    In 2002, phone numbers with prefix 094 changed from five-digit to seven-digit numbers. The new prefixes are 90, 92 and 93 depending on what the original number started with. For numbers beginning with 6,7,80,81,82,83,84,88 the new prefix is 93. So your number should be 094 936 5***.

As for what town that belongs to, I don't think there is any easy way of knowing. But when I search for 0949365 I seem to be coming up with results mostly in Balla, Manulla and Mayo Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you have the entire number, use reverse lookup site for name and address of caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

leck wrote: »
    In 2002, phone numbers with prefix 094 changed from five-digit to seven-digit numbers. The new prefixes are 90, 92 and 93 depending on what the original number started with. For numbers beginning with 6,7,80,81,82,83,84,88 the new prefix is 93. So your number should be 094 936 5***.

As for what town that belongs to, I don't think there is any easy way of knowing. But when I search for 0949365 I seem to be coming up with results mostly in Balla, Manulla and Mayo Abbey.

Ok thanks. It's a letter i came across with a phone number and the following address
    North Anti boley lo, Co Mayo. Its not Bohola anyway

mickdw wrote: »
    If you have the entire number, use reverse lookup site for name and address of caller.

I have it but its not recognised when i dial i

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have it but its not recognised when i dial i

Go to missedcallireland.com. put in number and see if it returns a name and address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Ok thanks. It's a letter i came across with a phone number and the following address
    North Anti boley lo, Co Mayo. Its not Bohola anyway
    Aroboley North, Balla - appears on 1901 census. Then there's Ardboley, Balla - not sure if it's the same.

Yes, I see spelling changed to Ardboley in 1911 census - http://www.bmdnotices.com/ElectoralArea/Townlands.aspx?ReferenceId=2573&CountryId=1&CountyId=21

leck wrote: »
    Aroboley North, Balla - appears on 1901 census. Then there's Ardboley, Balla - not sure if it's the same.

Yes, I see spelling changed to Ardboley in 1911 census - http://www.bmdnotices.com/ElectoralArea/Townlands.aspx?ReferenceId=2573&CountryId=1&CountyId=21

That could be it, fair play, ill send it to Balla PO.

mickdw wrote: »
    Go to missedcallireland.com. put in number and see if it returns a name and address.

yep, it returns the correct surname and Ardboley, Balla. Thank you

Advertisement