Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged ECC for eTalk Anytime

Options
  • 28-04-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I've just been chatting online. The agent tells me this charge is because I was in Contract when I moved provider. However I had received a letter dated 6/3/2015 telling me I could withdraw within 30 days from the Contract. My new provider started on 31st March / 1st April. 

Can you arrange to have this incorrect charge reversed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

plu wrote: »
    I've just been chatting online. The agent tells me this charge is because I was in Contract when I moved provider. However I had received a letter dated 6/3/2015 telling me I could withdraw within 30 days from the Contract. My new provider started on 31st March / 1st April. 

Hi plu

I am sorry to hear this. it is odd that the letter is dated the 6/3/15 as the cut of date for ceasing without charge was the 8/3/15. Can you please scan or take a picture of the letter and attach it with an email to eircomconnect@eircom.ie ? Once you have emailed this please let me know and I will follow up on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Hi plu

I am sorry to hear this. it is odd that the letter is dated the 6/3/15 as the cut of date for ceasing without charge was the 8/3/15. Can you please scan or take a picture of the letter and attach it with an email to eircomconnect@eircom.ie ? Once you have emailed this please let me know and I will follow up on this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi

I've just emailed a photo of the letter to you as requested

Account Ref. *****820

Hi plu

Thanks
    Al
    Hi

I've just emailed a photo of the letter to you as requested

Account Ref. *****820
    Thanks for that plu

That's fine, it's clear to see you are correct and the charges will be waived.

Could you please PM me a contact number for to discus this further?

Thanks

Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely Eircom  should know very well what date these notifications went out and your systems set up accordingly?

It is pathetic to see a customer being asked to forward a photocopy of these notifications as if they were making a false claim?

Does no one in Eircom know what is going on at the moment?

By the way Eircom are waiving nothing here. You can only "waive" something that you are entitled to in the first place.

Eircom have no entitlement whatsoever to these wrongly charged amounts.

Thanks for you PM plu

I'll call before 1pm today

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Thanks for you PM plu

I'll call before 1pm today

Cheers
    Al
    Hi

I never got a call and the incorrect bill was paid by direct debit on the 7th May.

I will be recalling the direct debit on Friday and cancelling the direct debit mandate and will pay the proper amount when I receive an updated bill

Thanks

Advertisement