Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious belief ban

Options
  • 28-04-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was banned for writing my views on giving birth out of wedlock, by some moderator called 'Lump'.

This is grossly unfair as it discriminates against my religious beliefs, and did not attempt to push my beliefs onto other posters. Perhaps my view is a little 'old school', but just because 'Lump' or somebody else doesn't agree with it, doesn't make a one week ban correct.

If you want to live in a world where free speech is banned, then go to North Korea.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'll just take this now as our CMods are busy enough.

This is not a discrimination issue, this is an issue with a poster with firm beliefs sticking their oar into an unrelated discussion. The thread you decided to preach in, related to third level education and childcare and for you to post in the way you did was unacceptable and offensive.

There are forums where views such as yours can be espoused and tolerated, but any more preaching in unrelated forums or threads and your one forum ban will swiftly become a site ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement