Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to sync email accounts across multiple devices

• 28-04-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I use an iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air and windows pc.

I read emails mainly on my phone however I do use the other devices from time to time. Is it possible to sync all devices together so that if I read an email on one device it is marked as read on all of the other devices?

My email account is outlook. I heard IMAP is the thing to sort this but I'm just wondering if any of you have fixed this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes use IMAP,have my Eircom and my gmail on 2 iOS device and all synced up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Who is your email hosted with. Just asking as some do not provide IMAP only POP3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Senecio wrote: »
    Who is your email hosted with. Just asking as some do not provide IMAP only POP3.

My email is with outlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is very simple. No need for IMAP etc

Just go to Settings, Mail, Add Account and select the "outlook.com" option at the bottom.

Do this for each device and your mails will be synced across them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

There's also an Outlook app for iOS now which is great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement