Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an App Developer and Possible Business Partner?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys and girls!

I know this may sound like a cliche but I have a really good idea for an app but do not have the necessary skills to make an app! However, I do have the necessary skills to make this app successful!

Seen as I finish College in May I really want to pursue this goal instead of sitting around and talking about it! Therefore, I am looking for someone who would be interested in taking this journey with me and hopefully making a lot of money this Summer! We could be business partners!

The person needs to be
    - trustworthy
    - be able to develop an app
    - hard worker
    - extremely self motivated
    - want this app to be successful
    - want to be successful
    - will give a lot of their time to the development of this app
    - easy to work with
    - previous experience is a plus

For anyone that is interested I would love to hear from you! Also if your reading this and you know someone that may be fitting to this journey please don't hesitate to recommend them! Lastly, I would appreciate if anyone could offer me advice for making a successful app including how to get possible investments and steps to take when developing the app.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So while the developer is doing all the work, what will you be doing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Pm me the idea and I'll get to work straight away! This time next year we'll be millionaires!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

PM the idea. If it is good i can start coding it straight away after my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 julie385

What is the rate of pay? - will it be contract based or salaried?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

We could be business partners!

I want 95% equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's a good thing the country is just swimming in talented programmers who can't find anyone to pay them for their craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 julie385

The OP didn't say that they weren't going to pay the developer! - where did that come from?
    Otherwise, who in their right mind would agree to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

It does sound very cliché, and not only would you need a budget set aside to pay for its production, but also a pre+post-launch marketing budget to distinguish the app from the hundreds of thousands of other peoples 'great ideas for Apps'. Either rustle up 100k or return to college to learn C-Obj & Swift. If you have already pm'd or told anyone you great idea, consider you IP rights as 'not so good'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Send me a PM, and we can have a chat about the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Joe Doe wrote: »
    It does sound very cliché, and not only would you need a budget set aside to pay for its production, but also a pre+post-launch marketing budget to distinguish the app from the hundreds of thousands of other peoples 'great ideas for Apps'. Either rustle up 100k or return to college to learn C-Obj & Swift. If you have already pm'd or told anyone you great idea, consider you IP rights as 'not so good'.

OP doesn't need to go back to college to learn how to program. Granted it's a help if you have never written any code before, but OP can they themself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I do have the necessary skills to make this app successful!
    What are these skills then?
    Seen as I finish College in May
    Not a good start. Unless you're a mature student who returned to education after an already successful business career, then this probably means you lack either the experience or skills to make anything 'successful', with the possible exception of enthusiasm - and even then, it's likely the kind of enthusiasm that typically dissipates when something new and shiny comes along.

If you want to get an app off the ground and bring in a technical partner, then you need to sell what you're bringing to the venture and so far, as MagicMarker noted, you've not even tried to sell yourself, leading one to ask WTF you'll be doing when your business partner is doing all the work.

Come back when you have a serious proposal for us.
    Here is an explanation by Derek Sivers. He believes an idea is just a multiplier, and formulates its relation to execution as follows
    Good explanation / analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

Damn it feels so cold in here. Cut OP some slacks please.
    What i will suggest is for you to gather a little cash and move to programming section of the forum or any other top programming forum and state what you are looking for and the price you willing to pay.
    I know asian programmers that code the industry price $10k app type for less than $500.
    So try reorganising your words and be realistic.
    Wishing you luck.

kaloshma wrote: »
    Damn it feels so cold in here. Cut OP some slacks please.
    Why? So he can end up wasting his own time and that of others? So he can jump half-arsed into a venture that he's unprepared for?

I've reviewed, professionally, hundreds of IT 'ideas' over the years. The vast majority are little more than that - some 'idea' with little or no research behind it and often no money either (and by no money, I mean no money). The people behind them will typically not have any personal experience in the field in question (which more often than not seeks to conquer a generic market) and the vast majority of the time their enthusiasm will quickly evaporate once it becomes apparent that they won't become millionaires overnight.

Of the tiny percentage that survive this first hurdle, the best thing is that they are not cut slack. For an idea to become something more it must be put through the crucible of doubt, examination, critique and only if it comes out at the other end successfully modified to deal with such critiques or defended from them does it have any hope of becoming a successful venture or even just raising investment capital.
    I know asian programmers that code the industry price $10k app type for less than $500.
    Have you ever actually engaged them? If so, you should know that your advice is deceptively simplistic. If not, you have no clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AnthonyOC1234

Why? So he can end up wasting his own time and that of others? So he can jump half-arsed into a venture that he's unprepared for?

I've reviewed, professionally, hundreds of IT 'ideas' over the years. The vast majority are little more than that - some 'idea' with little or no research behind it and often no money either (and by no money, I mean no money). The people behind them will typically not have any personal experience in the field in question (which more often than not seeks to conquer a generic market) and the vast majority of the time their enthusiasm will quickly evaporate once it becomes apparent that they won't become millionaires overnight.

Of the tiny percentage that survive this first hurdle, the best thing is that they are not cut slack. For an idea to become something more it must be put through the crucible of doubt, examination, critique and only if it comes out at the other end successfully modified to deal with such critiques or defended from them does it have any hope of becoming a successful venture or even just raising investment capital.

Have you ever actually engaged them? If so, you should know that your advice is deceptively simplistic. If not, you have no clue what you're talking about.

I hope I prove you wrong!

I hope I prove you wrong!
    I never said no idea ever comes to fruition - some do, but most don't. However the odds are against you for the reasons I posted earlier.

Indeed, it's been over a month since you last posted. What progress have you made?

What progress have you made?

Studied really really hard for my exams! Yesterday I got my results. I was awarded a first class honours in my degree! What have you done? 😊

Studied really really hard for my exams! Yesterday I got my results. I was awarded a first class honours in my degree!
    Who cares? I asked with reference to your 'idea'. And, incidentally, your development skills are at best a small part of what will be needed to make it succeed. So in short, you've done nothing.

If you don't accept this, if you continue to behave in such a cavaleer fashion, with some daft notion that just because you can code you'll make it happen, then I can guarantee you won't. You might not like to hear this, but genuinely unless you do you might as well give up now and save yourself whatever wasted effort you may eventually invest.
    What have you done? 😊
    A lot more than you boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Hey guys and girls!

I know this may sound like a cliche but I have a really good idea for an app but do not have the necessary skills to make an app! However, I do have the necessary skills to make this app successful!

Seen as I finish College in May I really want to pursue this goal instead of sitting around and talking about it! Therefore, I am looking for someone who would be interested in taking this journey with me and hopefully making a lot of money this Summer! We could be business partners!

The person needs to be
    - trustworthy
    - be able to develop an app
    - hard worker
    - extremely self motivated
    - want this app to be successful
    - want to be successful
    - will give a lot of their time to the development of this app
    - easy to work with
    - previous experience is a plus

For anyone that is interested I would love to hear from you! Also if your reading this and you know someone that may be fitting to this journey please don't hesitate to recommend them! Lastly, I would appreciate if anyone could offer me advice for making a successful app including how to get possible investments and steps to take when developing the app.

I fit all of the above. :-)

But I want 95% equity. You haven't explained what benefits there are for me so the risk is high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Studied really really hard for my exams! Yesterday I got my results. I was awarded a first class honours in my degree! What have you done? 😊

You're not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Even from your posts including the one above it's clear you havent a clue. Lacking unformatiom amd context being clear indicators that you would be a nightmare to work with.

My advice is go get a job with the degree you got in an industry you have studied for. Mature and learn and when yuo have an actual feasbile plan come back to the adults table.

Who cares?

Who cares for your opinion 'boy'! What have you done in the last month? 😂 Least I am trying to amount to something in my life instead of trolling on Boards.ie ha I've done so much over the last month but sorry I am not at liberty to discuss that with you! I will say one thing though, your pathetic ways have motivated me sooooo much so thank you I guess! Now get off my thread ha

yes there wrote: »
    You're not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Even from your posts including the one above it's clear you havent a clue.

Cool troll

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Who cares for your opinion 'boy'! What have you done in the last month? 😂 Least I am trying to amount to something in my life instead of trolling on Boards.ie ha I've done so much over the last month but sorry I am not at liberty to discuss that with you! I will say one thing though, your pathetic ways have motivated me sooooo much so thank you I guess! Now get off my thread ha

You do realise this is still the same thread where you're asking people to join you as a business partner.

You're not really doing yourself any favours with your responses.

Advertisement