Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specing out light design for extension

• 28-04-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

We are moving a few sockets, adding new ones and changing the plates on other (to brushed chrome) + adding a few lights

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

...and...? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Ya I didn't really explain that at all. What I was trying to ask was is there a standard of how you would spec out the lighting layout for a builder to work off for an extension I.e. Which switch controls which lights , location of sockets and finish types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭MisseyB

You need to draw up a plan showing the locations of all the light fixtures and then a dashed line back to the location of the light switches. I would do seperate plan for power and one for lighting.

There are notionally standard symbols to represent lighting types but as long you give a key on your drawing you can make up your own symbols.

E

Advertisement