Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour de Romandie 2015 (Please use spoiler tags)

• 28-04-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to make a thread for the Tour of Romandie ....... but it seems Sky Sports are not showing it, despite them holding the rights to show it in the UK and Ireland. WTF!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

probably showing highlights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

neris wrote: »
    probably showing highlights?

Nope, I can't see any highlights listed on their TV guide.

dans managed to stay on his bike and Cannondale are leading the TTT at the moment but still about 10 teams to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Orica Greenedge now leading by a mile

wheres contador? thought this be good giro prep for him. 3 out of 4 big hitters be interesting all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

wheres contador? thought this be good giro prep for him. 3 out of 4 big hitters be interesting all the same

Off doing his own sportive and training in Extremadura. Does seem like good prep to be missing, nearly all the other big GC competitors are there.

Traditionally Romandie used to be used as a warm-up for the Giro GC contenders. But nowadays they tend to skip it. The only GC contender riding Romandie and the Giro is Rigoberto Uran.

Traditionally Romandie used to be used as a warm-up for the Giro GC contenders. But nowadays they tend to skip it. The only GC contender riding Romandie and the Giro is Rigoberto Uran.

And of course the Giro favourite, Carlos Betancur ;)

Hesjedal is there too, he'll presumably be Garmindale's leader.

Nico must be suffering as he has been dropped from the Sky train

sky got that by the skin of their teeth

• Advertisement

Geraint Thomas in yellow I think

Roche probably still recovering from the crash ...Sky were very slick

Hesjedal has highest bib number for Garmin so he must be leader

Interesting to see how Quintana and Nibali go in the mountains...neither really overly impressed so far this year (except Quintana in snow in TA)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

MPFG wrote: »
    Hesjedal has highest bib number for Garmin so he must be leader

Interesting to see how Quintana and Nibali go in the mountains...neither really overly impressed so far this year (except Quintana in snow in TA)

Hesjedal has a better TT so he will be there best GC card. Dan might have a crack at the stage tomorrow if he feels up to it.

Must say the one time Nico Roche is in a winning TTT and he is not at the finish !!

Must say the one time Nico Roche is in a winning TTT and he is not at the finish !!
    The time still counts :cool:

I guess a possible upside of Sky not doing highlights is that the online highlights packages are allowed out quicker? Maybe? Or maybe they were always out this fast and I just never had the appetite to watch them since it was on tv.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The time still counts :cool:
    I didn't know that ! Are you sure ??? So if you came in a minute down you get the same time as the leader ??

Update ...only SKY top 6 riders got the top time as by highlights programme...

I wrote a severe reprimand to SKY for not showing this race I'll have you know

Profile for Stage 2 today:

Stage-1429296126.jpg

• Advertisement

Here is a link to a live map-thingy that tells you where the breakaway, peloton and broom wagon (:pac:) are on the course.

I didn't know that ! Are you sure ??? So if you came in a minute down you get the same time as the leader ??

Update ...only SKY top 6 riders got the top time as by highlights programme...

Hmmm I always thought so, but I must be wrong. Cheers for clearing it up!

Here is a link to a live map-thingy that tells you where the breakaway, peloton and broom wagon (:pac:) are on the course.
    If you look at that map there are red spots all over ...does that mean there ar several groups

If you look at that map there are red spots all over ...does that mean there ar several groups
    I don't think so. They seem to be just markers of some sort. There are only 3 groups at the moment: breakaway (green), peloton (red) and broom wagon (yellow)

Maxim Belkov (Katusha) and Jonathan Fumeaux (IAM Cycling) have a 1 minute 55 second lead over the Sky led peloton with around 40km to go. One final climb to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

I see that Stephen Roche holds the record for number of wins in the Tour de Romandie; at 3 (1983, 1984 & 1987). If Froome wins this year he will be the first to win three in a row and will of course equal our SR on 3.

Curiously Kelly never won it but would have been too busy riding the Vuelta to take part

The winners in 1987 and from 2011 to 2013 have also won the Tour in the same year so will be interesting to see who wins this year.

Michael Albasini (Orica) wins the stage and takes over as leader.

Today's Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPTriW8YTc

Or full race in Italian (don't know what the guy is saying but he seems to talk alot and laugh at his own jokes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmpnkGbM0tw

Today's Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgPTriW8YTc

Or full race in Italian (don't know what the guy is saying but he seems to talk alot and laugh at his own jokes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmpnkGbM0tw
    Ouch, Tuft's fall looked awful. Must have had the wind knocked out of him pretty badly.

• Advertisement

Ouch, Tuft's fall looked awful. Must have had the wind knocked out of him pretty badly.
    What about the doctor knocking over the TCS rider with his car door ...do these people know there are cyclists everywhere

Wow, Team Sky really do have some serious setup at Romandie.

CDxnJgvWYAAkvsN.jpg

With regards to the two Irish lads, there is some good news and bad news....

Nico was the only other Sky rider along with Froomey to finish in the reduced peloton. And he has tweeted that he is starting to feel good after the crash.

However Dan finished over 9 minutes back from the winner today and he has tweeted that he is really suffering.

Poor Dan ...he is probably devastated after LBL and his isn't the strongest health wise.....Maybe he will rally for Saturday

As for Nico ...he is a more robust fella ....Did a shed load of work today ...brought Froome back after crash, chased attackers, worked on the front, chased on the downhill and manged to finish in top group...He is getting stroger

And do SKY really need all those cars & vans and a big bus ...over kill

And do SKY really need all those cars & vans and a big bus ...over kill

Pity they didn't bring a TV camera so they could broadcast the race!!

Less than 20km left to go in today's stage.

• Advertisement

albasini for orica just ahead of alaphillipe in a sprint

Its the Tour De Albasini this year

Its the Tour De Albasini this year
    it was the Tour de Albasini last year as well!!

Nico Roche doing sterling work for Chris Froome again today ...rest of Team Sky finished very far down If he had finished with team in TTT he'd be lying 4th/5th now ...Hope he can keep it up until Saturday 's final climb...best thing about Nico though is his consistency for being near the front especially the longer the race progresses

The result of todays stage and the overall is, eh, a bit worrying

• Advertisement

The result of todays stage, and the overall, is, eh, a bit worrying
    Bloody hell its a lot worrying ...he has coem out of no where and given his past

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Deignan doing his thing at front of a very small peloton

Wrong thread

godtabh wrote: »
    Wrong thread

Thanks
    Don't know if I am coming or going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Bloody hell its a lot worrying ...he has coem out of no where and given his past

First thing I thought when I saw the result. ITT result came from nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

“I was very surprised to beat Froome,” said Zakarin, the 2013 Russian time-trial champion. “And I finished so close to Tony Martin. In all seriousness, the goal was to finish in the top five, and I did not think I could do so.”

Zakarin said he did “specific training” and lost weight with an eye toward improving his climbing.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/05/news/ilnur-zakarin-finishes-3rd-in-itt-to-clinch-tour-de-romandie-title_368865#GYl3Gy2CSXC8p0pD.99

He seems to be dancing around it himself too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Didn't see any of it but that Zakarin could presumably climb with the best of them &, if not for a forced bike change, time-trial at the same level as Tony Martin is astonishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

pelevin wrote: »
    Didn't see any of it but that Zakarin could presumably climb with the best of them &, if not for a forced bike change, time-trial at the same level as Tony Martin is astonishing.

Astonishing, indeed. Although I could probably think of a few other adjectives as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Advertisement