Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics am I behind???

• 28-04-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

In 5th year coming to the end of waves around page 187 or so. Is this far enough? Where are you? 6th years how far were you by the end of 6th year?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Could you tell us which chapters you've done so far? Not everyone will have the same book as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

Nim wrote: »
    Could you tell us which chapters you've done so far? Not everyone will have the same book as you.

Oh yeah sorry,

From real world physics we have done 1-16
    optics
    reflection
    refraction
    lenses
    speed, displacement, velocity
    acceleration
    vectors and scalars
    Force,mass,momentum
    pressure gravity moments
    work energy power
    circular motion
    simple harmonic motion
    temp and thermometers
    quantity of heat and transfer
    waves and wave motion

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I've done the same as you but I've also done Sound. It's just around halfway finished. It's not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

That's a good bit done, my class didn't touch the HL Mechanics section until this year. I'm currently in Sixth Year and we had the course finished at Easter. We're revising currently in class. The bulk of Sixth Year will be taken up with Electricity, Modern Physics and your option (most schools do Particle Physics). This sections are the easiest IMO as they're the most interesting.

Hana98 wrote: »
    I've done the same as you but I've also done Sound. It's just around halfway finished. It's not bad.

Thanks, I'm just concerned that at this rate I won't have the course done until this time net year.

• Advertisement

You're not far behind at all. You only have Electricity, Modern Physics, Option and a few a bits and pieces left.

A lot of schools don't do Circular Motion, SHM and parts of Waves until 6th year.
    Thanks, I'm just concerned that at this rate I won't have the course done until this time net year.

Don't be. This was a few years ago now but at the end of 5th year, I think I was a good few chapters behind you and we finished up in April.

You're not far behind at all. You only have Electricity, Modern Physics, Option and a few a bits and pieces left.

A lot of schools don't do Circular Motion, SHM and parts of Waves until 6th year.

Don't be. This was a few years ago now but at the end of 5th year, I think I was a good few chapters behind you and we finished up in April.

Thats great to hear thanks very much!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

In 5th year coming to the end of waves around page 187 or so. Is this far enough? Where are you? 6th years how far were you by the end of 6th year?

We did that much in 5th year and finished the course just after easter. You'll be grand

OMGeary wrote: »
    We did that much in 5th year and finished the course just after easter. You'll be grand

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Ah now Nim it was 2 years :pac:

• Advertisement

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Ah now Nim it was 2 years :pac:

Let me have my moment, will ya? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annmarie98

You're grand, I'm in 5th year too and I haven't covered all them yet, we're just finishing heat transfer this week hopefully and we haven't done circular or simple harmonic motion yet but our teacher said we're in a pretty good place for next year. Then there's only 6 students in our class so we tend to go slow with work and get experiments done quickly, but I think we get carried away and spend too much time on the work.

Advertisement