Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm system Eng reset

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello

I have a secure watch htc home alarm system in the house that I just bought. I need to change the alarm code and setup the correct time and date on the panel. In order to do this I need access to the Engineering code. Unfortunately, the default Engineering code number was changed by the installer so I cannot use it (I already tried this number and it does not work ).

I have read on the forum that you can do a manual reset in the alarm box by removing a jumper and repowering up the alarm system. This should reset everything back to factory default.

My question is, if I do this will I have to reprogramme the zones in the house?

Thanks in advance
    gate1

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will have to reprogramme all the zone setting/ user settings etc , Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gate1

I was afraid of that. Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

You would probably be as well getting a full service done on the system to make sure all is working as it should be
    Most companies would reprogram system when doing service

I might have a go at it myself. If I mess up I can always call for an alarm installer to sort it out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the manual?

• Advertisement

I found some manuals on the manufacturer's web site so hopefully these will do. I not sure exactly which model of the secure watch hkc alarm system I have so hopefully the basic steps are the same in them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

gate1 wrote: »
    I found some manuals on the manufacturer's web site so hopefully these will do. I not sure exactly which model of the secure watch hkc alarm system I have so hopefully the basic steps are the same in them all.

That is more than likely the user manual, I have P.M.ed you the engineer manual off the 8/12, if its a metal housing then this is the correct one you will need. If its a white poly housing then its the 10/70. If you P.M. me who installed the system I will check my list for a code for you.

Failing that if you did need to default the system I would first press 0#3 on the keypad and test all the zones. As the zones are tested the keypad and internal bell will sound. Then write them down so you have a list to reprogram the zones. Makes it much easier to do.

If the system is not engineer locked then down powering the system, mains first, then battery. Remove factory link the power back up on battery. At the keypad you will be prompted to default if not locked. Close back up then turn on the mains.

Thanks guys for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

gate1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for your help

Did you get it defaulted?

Advertisement