Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following Specific Posters?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,763 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, would there be any appetite among on the powers that be for introducing such a feature akin to following someone on a social network but boards-specific?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Just wondering, would there be any appetite among on the powers that be for introducing such a feature akin to following someone on a social network but boards-specific?

Ive been followed round boards.ie by posters before, trying to bully me (I think) by always showing up and disputing me and only me in a thread. Itd be very hard for it to be visible unless someone else was posting in exactly the same threads. I put them on Ignore. Id rather not have life made easier for such idiots tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,763 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Ive been followed round boards.ie by posters before, trying to bully me (I think) by always showing up and disputing me and only me in a thread. Itd be very hard for it to be visible unless someone else was posting in exactly the same threads. I put them on Ignore. Id rather not have life made easier for such idiots tbh.

I hadn't thought of that. You can block specific users though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try suggesting it in the Site Development forum. There's a thread tag for 'Feature Suggestion'.

To be honest, I'd imagine that there's other more important stuff for the limited cash to be spent on. Particularly when you can go to a poster's profile, on to the Statistics tab & click "Find all posts by..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,763 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yeah, fair enough. Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Good idea though.. Would open up a higher cross flow of traffic.. Perhaps a "find more posts from this member" button beside the quote/report/thank buttons

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That already exists!

346894.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

That already exists!

346894.png

I'm on touch.. In fact, that screen shot is the first I've seen that signature in a long while!! Must get rid, daft altogether!

Cheers

What does that actually do though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

MrWalsh wrote: »

People can just view your last posts in about 5 seconds by searching your name and going to your profile or clicking on your profile name beside your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

anncoates wrote: »
    People can just view your last posts in about 5 seconds by searching your name and going to your profile or clicking on your profile name beside your posts.

Exactly, I'd rather not have life made easier for such folk by removing that 5 second delay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement