Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Marine Hotel

Options
  • 28-04-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all, wondering if any of you can give me an idea on the above hotel, thinking of a one night getaway. I have never been in that area, is there much in it? And would I book a meal in the hotel or are there nice restaurants or choice in the immediate vicinity? Thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It's a very nice hotel.

I've never eaten in the restaurant, but the coffee bar does nice food.

If you want to eat out, there is several good restaurants nearby, with Hartleys next to the station my favourite. You also have gourmet burger, nandos, the hen house, jd wetherspoon and cafe Mao all within a five minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dobad

O that is brill, will look into all those, sounds like there's plenty of options so. Thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Hotel is very good.

For a meal in the evening - especially if you're only there for one night - I'd be more inclined to take a 5 minute taxi journey to either Dalkey or Monkstown. Both have a really good selection of restaurants, and decent bars to stop in before or after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

qb123 wrote: »
    Hotel is very good.

For a meal in the evening - especially if you're only there for one night - I'd be more inclined to take a 5 minute taxi journey to either Dalkey or Monkstown. Both have a really good selection of restaurants, and decent bars to stop in before or after.

Also some nice ones in Glasthule, can be a nice walk in the evening along the seafront and then in one block to Glasthule village.

Thanks, that's brilliant info, so there defo sounds like there's alot around the area, will book b&b so and wander about for nice eve meal, yes will just be for one night so sounds good, thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Plus one on Hartleys, glasthule a nice stroll away has Rasam if you like Indian, or Cavistons for really good seafood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Mmmm Rasam, best Indian around.

There's also Olivetto at the Kingston Hotel a couple of minutes walk away.

And Teddy's for an ice cream dessert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Good decision going b&b at the Royal Marine. Really really good sausages.

I had a Rassam last night. beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

we stayed there about 18 months ago - top class staff in a lovely, but aging hotel. Ask for a sea view room. The breakfast was top notch, and the lounge is one of my favourite places to while away and afternoon.

There's an excellent library nearby, you can ask at reception for directions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My partner and I stayed at the Royal Marine Hotel last October and it was great.

The breakfast was probably the best I've ever had in a hotel.
    Freshly squeezed orange juice, selection of breads, croissants, etc, gorgeous full Irish and cheeses and fruits, not to mention amazing coffee and tea.

Our room didn't have a great view and I felt they could have done with small lights in the wardrobe (you'll see what I mean), but it was clean and comfortable.

We didn't rate the downstairs bar for food, though, and the staff weren't too pushed into getting your drinks, even if you were standing at the bar waiting.
    Dinner in the main restaurant was lovely and the staff there were very polite.
    I'd go back.

• Advertisement

These are all great to read thanks all for the replies. I've just booked it today b&b so looking forward to it now

Advertisement