Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 28-04-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi eircom reps
    I'm moving house soon and I have a few queries.
    1) I will have the keys of both my current house and my new house for about 3 weeks, is it possible to have my efibre connected in both houses? I am currently in contract with yourselves for efibre and the new address is efibre compatable.
    2) if the phone line in the new address isnt a good stable one? Will your engineers fix it? And is there a fee?
    3) how long will it take for my efibre to be set up and will I be under a new contract?

There is currently a phone line in the house but it is not active

Thank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi eircom reps
    1) I will have the keys of both my current house and my new house for about 3 weeks, is it possible to have my efibre connected in both houses? I am currently in contract with yourselves for efibre and the new address is efibre compatable.
    2) if the phone line in the new address isnt a good stable one? Will your engineers fix it? And is there a fee?
    3) how long will it take for my efibre to be set up and will I be under a new contract?

Thank
    Hi Tinkerbell4484

No worries, To help me find the most acurate information please PM me your existing eircom account number and the specific address of the new house.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Pm sent
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pm sent
    Thanks
    Thanks Tinkerbell4484

I'll request clarification and get back to you as soon as I have more information

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Any update yet Alan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi eircom reps

Thank
    Hi Tinkerbell4484

1)      It is possible to have eFibre connected in both houses at the same time however this would cause bills in both addresses to overlap for a time, installation can take up to 20 working days so this may not be a possibility in this case.

2)      A full installation is needed in most cases of eFibre installation which would mean a technician will install the service. If any faults occur on the line we will do our best to repair these as quickly as possible, a charge would only occur for repair if the fault was with internal wiring.

3)      It can take up to 20 working days to set up eFibre service and a new 18-month contract would apply to any new connection.

I hoI hope this helps.
    TonTony

• Advertisement
Advertisement