Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors left - left cat behind. What should be done?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, my neighbors recently moved out and left their cat.
    He had collar at start but lost it since then, hes been sitting beside my door every day for a while and managed to run in few times but I placed him back outside.

I can't take him in, as I have enough things to do already, is there anything I can do? Like are there are services that take them in or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

You could try local rescues - there are a few cat specific ones in Dublin that might be able to help out. you might also ask them if it's actually illegal to abandon a pet that way and if it is I'd be inclined to report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

DSPCA contact details can be found here. This falls under neglect.

http://www.dspca.ie/Emergency

Post a copy of your post in Animals And Pet Issues here. You might find an angel with cat wings willing to help you out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Have you any contact details for the neighbours? If they haven't gone far it's possible the cat came back to what it knows as home.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Have you any contact details for the neighbours? If they haven't gone far it's possible the cat came back to what it knows as home.

No, I didn't know neighbors well, so no details of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Landlord or new people in house might have details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cat's will often wander back to their old home if it's not too far away - ours did several times after we moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

You should try to contact them first - there are a few explanations:

1. The cat came back to its territory and decided it's not moving.

2. It was a visiting cat that your neighbours were being friendly with and they didn't own it.

Advertisement