Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College interview

Options
  • 28-04-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi. I have college interview next week and only thing i am worried about is how to dress. I know some people say that smart casual is good enough and suit is overdressing.
    I have spent past year preparing for this day and want to have my best chances.

So full suite or trousers and shirt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

I would say Smart Casual, Trousers and Shirt would suffice.

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

I had an interview last year and wore jeans, t-shirt and long cardigan, clean and *very* casual! I got a place on the course. Actually, I was applying for three different courses and was accepted on all of them! :D

I think as long as you're clean and reasonably respectable you should be OK. It's not a job interview and they should be more interested in your life experience, attitude and interest in your course of choice than what you're wearing. OK, swimwear or shorts and flip flops probably *wouldn't* cut it, :eek: but remember, you're going to be a (presumably impoverished) student. What will you wear to college when you start? :confused:

Incidentally, I didn't take the offer last year and am going back for interview to the same college again next week. I intend to dress casually. It's not about what you look like imo. Good luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

A general rule of thumb I use is as follows: figure out what people in a prospective position/company/department usually wear and try to dress a little more formal than that.

If for some reason you can't figure that out; you can't really go wrong with a suit as long as it fits you and you don't feel overly uncomfortable or self conscious in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 garimakaushikk

Get a formal trousers and shirt, which must be ironed.
    A good pair of black shoes, Tie, you should wear a good perfume.
    and yes lots of confident...

Advertisement