Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen. Are people getting sick of hearing about it?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I posted a blog this weekend on my new weekly blog on gaming /game-dev related issues. It was about Star Citizen and asked were people getting resentful towards it for having paid their money, perhaps inordinate amounts of money, and still shown new ships for sale all the time, but we've seen very little of it yet?

I'm not trying to turn public opinion against the game, just wondering is the wait getting to people. Any comments? I'm personally still waiting patiently and eagerly, but stopped watching the weekly community shows a while ago.

You could comment on the blog itself or here. I'd be interested to hear if anyone's a backer. Or if they refused to back because of the price of virtual spaceships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I invested around the 30mill mark, think I've actually loaded up the game about 5 times.

I've really been put off it lately by the amount of ships they have released and the obscene prices they have charged and the even more obscene amount of money they have raised but continue to do it.

Wish I had gone with Elite Dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Elite is some brilliant design over a very dull game tbh. Roll on No Mans Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'v not invested in this game nor do I intend to but unless its a steaming pile of crap at launch, I do see myself picking it up.

The cost of the ships and the amount of them really has put me off this game and leaves me concerned that to acquire them ingame will be a huge ass grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Happy for every bit of news that comes out, not interested in the last few sets of ships that has come out but like reading about their development.

I've yet to invest in a HOTAS so far but will do closer to the PU release. The FPS module release is something I am really looking forward to as I'm very into the type of perma-death shooters where it doesn't involve a constant rush - respawn - rush mechanic.

I'm realistic in my view that my top hopes for the game will most probably not be met, at this point if I get the same playability as I did out of Eve I'll be exceeding my more reserved expectations. Recently though I'll admit actually sitting down to play the AC module has not been something I've done much this is partially due to some people I started playing with have filtered back into other games while they wait for the PU I guess at some point I'll need to go looking for a more active corporation if I want to play with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Venom wrote: »
    I'v not invested in this game nor do I intend to but unless its a steaming pile of crap at launch, I do see myself picking it up.

The cost of the ships and the amount of them really has put me off this game and leaves me concerned that to acquire them ingame will be a huge ass grind.

The constellation at it's cheapest is $246, the time sink for this has been noted as 60 hours of work in game but probably not including pirates, black holes, or anything else unforeseen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Backed it a long time ago. Looking forward to the PU release. Not to bothered with FPS or AC at the moment, but would enjoy the planetside module.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thargor wrote: »
    Elite is some brilliant design over a very dull game tbh. Roll on No Mans Sky!

I am so very excited about No Man's Sky. Still no release date, and it looks like it will be on Playstation before it hits PC, so I've decided to not keep an eye on it so I will be pleasantly surprised when it does arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Zillah wrote: »
    I am so very excited about No Man's Sky. Still no release date, and it looks like it will be on Playstation before it hits PC, so I've decided to not keep an eye on it so I will be pleasantly surprised when it does arrive.

Looks good but I want that aspect of MMO from the game so roll on SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It sounds like Eve in so far that the stories about it are fascinating to read but I don't think I ever really want to play it.

Advertisement