Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Minute Schedule Changes

• 28-04-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

So myself and a group of friends bought tickets for the Barca v Getafe game which has been set for months as Wednesday 29th of April, we booked a holiday around it as it is one of my friends birthdays.

Checked livescore this morning and realized it was on tonight :mad:

We checked several times last week to make sure it wasn't moved until at least Wednesday, we checked Wednesday evening and it was still set for 29th.

We even emailed them last month to check about this and they said it would be confirmed a maximum of 7 days before the game.

My question is what is the usual policy for this, I've only really traveled to Old Trafford before which seems to be fine for matters like this but Barcelona are quite hard to get hold of and a friend who has traveled loads of times before has said that they are quite stubborn and wont budge. They wouldn't even refund him 2 weeks before a game. There's a group of 6 of us going over and we really wanted to see them play and don't really fancy an 8 hour drive to Cordoba on the Saturday after losing out on ~€70 each.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with late schedule changes, how did you fare?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It's the norm in Spain for the exact day and time of league matches to only be set a week before they're due to be played. It's ridiculous, but it's the way they do it. I can't see any way you'll get any money back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's the norm in Spain for the exact day and time of league matches to only be set a week before they're due to be played. It's ridiculous, but it's the way they do it. I can't see any way you'll get any money back.

Not anymore. They're fixing the game 3-4 weeks in advance this season.

OP this game has been fixed for the 28th at 20:00 since last month and it's on Barca's website since the 30th March. http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/the-derby-against-espanyol-saturday-25-april-at-4-00pm-cet

So it's not a last minute change and unfortunalely you've made the error yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

That's the first time I've seen it at that date, it genuinely was on the schedule part of the site as the 29th up until the past few days.

Yeah, I don't think we will get anything back in fairness, just annoying how we were basing it on the schedule part of the site (Was also 29th when we checked google) and it wasn't updated as of 9pm last Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thats always the danger with La Liga games .
    Always best to make sure you plan to stay for a few nights so if the match is on a Saturday or a Sunday you are covered and likewise a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Advertisement